Author Topic: 5 stars?  (Read 3001 times)

Offline horse23

• Zookeeper
5 stars?
« on: January 20, 2007, 04:36:31 PM »
Is it possible to get zoo fame up to five stars? How do you do it? The most I've ever had is 3 1/2  :star:

Offline rosemaryninja

• Pooper Scooper
5 stars?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 04:46:54 PM »
It is possible. I got my zoo fame up to 5 stars in about 5 years of gametime. Now I'm in my seventh year, and it sort of wavers between 5 and 4.5.

Keep an eye on your Zoo Fame menu and try to keep all those bars up. It helps to try raising them one by one. Which bar are you low on? Maybe if you tell us we can give you some tips on how to raise that particular one.

If you're really desperate, and you can afford it, set your zoo ticketing price to "Free". That might help, although I've never tried it. (Does anyone know if this works?)

Offline horse23

• Zookeeper
5 stars?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 06:22:09 AM »
I always do set my price to "free" bacuase I like to play in freeform mode and I don't loose anything by it. I dunno if it makes a difference... I've never experimented.

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
    • http://
5 stars?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 04:53:29 AM »
It can be easily down within the first year( game time ).  Place as many different species as you can in, using the cheapest ones and try and use mixed exhibits as it save on money used to build the exhibits which is better spent on animals.

Set your zoo admission prices to cheap, alot of people around here will tell you to put it to free but early on the extra money an advantage and as you get more species more people will flock to your zoo.

Yes certain animals will gain you more guest and be more appaling, but for early on and quick star gaining it's not important.  As many cheap animals as possible is the way to go, but if your after steady growth, mix buying cheap animals with more expensive animals say every 2/3 cheap put in an expensive animal

Am currently playing a zoo with 250 animals from around twenty different species, yet may guest are always complianing.  How ever may zoo is at five stars and will remain that way because of the number of animals i have.

Hope this helps.

Offline DinoMania

• Zookeeper
  • Go!! Pokemon Team!!
5 stars?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 05:40:27 AM »
As Tuan said, it depends on the animals really, I mean i had a zoo with a Great white, Two Poler Bears and T-rex and it went up to 3 1/2 stars in 11 reals min and i didn't even mean to open the zoo.. ( I normaly build the zoo then open it )
And make sure guests can can the animals close up //0.0\\

I Know its not as long as the others but lol Hope Any of this helps
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 07:02:43 PM by DinoMania »

Offline horse23

• Zookeeper
5 stars?
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 03:19:04 PM »
My 3 1/2 star zoo is so big it takes 10 min to load on my slow comp. =)

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
5 stars?
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 03:29:52 PM »
Here's some tips that really boost your fame:
- no. of animals ( if you have one of a species, your fame will not go up to much)
- no. of species ( don't too many of one species in your zoo, add many different kinds)
- releasing animals into the wild ( I usually release the ones that are easy to replace
- keep guests entertained and well taken care of ( it doesn't matter how well your animals are or zoo looks; if your guests aren't happy, your fame will not go up)
- beautify your zoo with fountains and flowers
- zoo tours help to boost zoo fame even if they are small

Offline rosemaryninja

• Pooper Scooper
5 stars?
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 02:23:40 AM »
Can I ask, when they say "number of species", what do they mean by a species? Do they mean like a certain type, say chimpanzee, zebra, gray wolf, etc? Or do they mean like felines, canines, birds etc?

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
5 stars?
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 02:39:55 AM »
Species means individual animals like chimp, zebra, wolf etc.  A variety of animals always helps, but you really need to aim for putting in the the highest-fame-rating animals available to you to boost your fame.  

A bit boost to your fame will come whenever you make mixed exhibits - try a red panda/giant panda mix and watch your fame and donations soar!

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
  • The Valiant Knight, ready to defend at all costs
5 stars?
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 10:44:54 AM »
Quote from: rosemaryninja;176298
set your zoo ticketing price to "Free". That might help, although I've never tried it. (Does anyone know if this works?)

The admission price does not affect fame or how many guests come to your zoo. This affects donation size only. What that means is that if you have say...a camel, and you charge 50$ admission.:blink: then your guests will be unimpressed and donate very little money, and admission money cannot replace donation money at all. As for food and drink stands, if the price is low guests will become happier,:original:  if it is low and one of their favorite foods, they will become much happier: :) : if it is moderate, they will feel nutral:huh:  if it is moderate but a favorate they will get happier:original: If it is high and a favoratethey will feal nutral:huh: if it is high and not a favorite... they will lose happiness:pout: .

Now has anybody ever gotten a 5 star zoo on $5,000
 starting money?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:48:12 AM by Zoo Titan »

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
5 stars?
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 04:28:38 PM »
Yes I have, all you have to do is to make two beautiful exhibits and add some food stands and the money will come in allowing you to add more money making buildings and eventually more animals.

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
  • The Valiant Knight, ready to defend at all costs
5 stars?
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 04:32:31 PM »
So have I and, I think its more fun to start with less money:thumbsup:

Offline lizardlips

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Roonil Wazlib
5 stars?
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 07:49:03 PM »
I think it's fun to challenge yourself, moneywise, but to a certain extent.
I think the most important thing is to release animals into the wild. It's really easy if you have peacocks, or other breeding machines:laughing:  As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter what species you let loose, as long as you have a fair number.

Also, the rewards REALLY help, as well as mixed exhibits, and native foliage.

As long as you have the bottom two substantial, your guests can complain (to a point:laughing: ) and you'll STILL have a great zoo!

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
5 stars?
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 07:49:59 PM »
MARLINS are breeding machines....I had 900 in 2 hours from 4  LOL

And ratels...smelly and prolific! But much cuter than Marlins : :P :

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
5 stars?
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 07:55:44 PM »
Also, keep the less popular animals (beluga,bongo, gazelle etc.) in mixed exhibits with more popular ones (walrus, gorilla, rhinos..). Try to use only plants from the same location as the animals. Make the most use of elevated paths and binoculars. Always use the headphone koisk thingie, it works wonders for my zoos. Have as many biomes as possible for your jeep/skytram tours. It's not very hard, really =]

Offline Mistysun978

• Pooper Scooper
5 stars?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 10:32:30 PM »
Making sure guests are happy is one of the biggest things. Plenty of benches donation boxes and binoculars. Make sure your paths are right against the fence so that people can see into the exhibit. Also fence type so they can see into the exhibit is really important. Generally have a couple of different eating venues instead of one big one and throw in some playground items and fountains.

Offline Rosinas Cat

• Feline Friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Cool Cat
5 stars?
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 11:15:24 AM »
I usually have no problem getting five stars. But I always use freeform, so money isn't an issue. It can be done on limited finance, but its hard work!

I build the zoo completely before opening it. Exhibits, paths, foliage, food courts, seats, lights, everything. If it ain't finished, it ain't open! :laughing:

I also have a broad mix of species and biomes. I tried once using a small map for big cats from different biomes, and I struggled with my fame.:pinch:

So for me its about three things: variety, preparation and probably most importantly, MONEY!!!:lolol: The few times I have had a cash limit, its taken much longer to get 5 stars.

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
5 stars?
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 04:50:08 PM »
Well generally I'm to unconcerned about guest happiness to put the effort to get five stars (although I tend to often make up for it in other categories anyways :lolol:). However when I do try I tend to do the opposite of Rosina. I'll create the zoo one small bit at a time while it's open. For instance I'll make one exhibit and a food court and that's it. Then I'll let the zoo run for a bit while paying very close attention to the messages I get, animals needs, and most of all the thoughts and stats of those darned guests. Then I try and fix all the problems that are present before starting another section.

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
5 stars?
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 04:59:10 PM »
I have...but it took a loooong time >_<

Offline scruffy

• Zookeeper
  • Youngest VideoGame Tester---13.5 Years Old
Re: 5 stars?
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 04:27:45 PM »
i always get 5 stars using endangered and 5 star animals

Offline ZooLu

• Pooper Scooper
  • I'm crazier than you.
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 03:29:37 AM »
In my zoo, Prairie Park, I have 5 stars. Here are the species I have:
-Polar Bears
-Giant Pandas
-Beavers (American)
-Moose
-Okapis
-Giraffes (reticulated)
-Cheetahs
-Ring-tailed lemurs
-Camels
-Kangaroos
-Rhinos (Black)
-Common zebras
-Tigers (Bengal)

I open my zoo. Then I build all of my exhibits. Biomes, foliage, rocks, etc. Everything. Then I adopt the animals, wait about 20 minutes and I'll have 5 stars.
Hope this helps!

Offline rtully

• Pooper Scooper
  • I love the smell of biology in the morning.
    • Dizzy Technology and Gaming
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 06:29:15 AM »
I got mine up to that in less than 1 year.

Offline Rockhopper

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 07:50:43 AM »
 :pman: me too