Author Topic: How To Make Natural Exhibits  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Markydidit

• Pooper Scooper
How To Make Natural Exhibits
« on: April 07, 2007, 03:57:53 PM »
O.K. everyone I have 1 strategy for you.  If you have a grassland zoo you can add trees from your animal's biome but make sure it's all grassland in the end then add grassland water and plants so it looks a lot more natural than having tundra in a desert zoo.

If you can tweek it post on this thread and tell me how THANK YOU.

:easter2

Offline scruffy

• Zookeeper
  • Youngest VideoGame Tester---13.5 Years Old
Re: How To Make Natural Exhibits
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 06:59:57 PM »
u could also do somthing like desert in savana or scrub in desert or even tundra in alpine as some examples

Offline Markydidit

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 05:48:47 AM »
Exactly but if you like to make it look cool, add palm trees (Foxtail). :clap:

Offline Hana

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 07:05:16 AM »
I like this strategy. Though I suggest if you have MM2 and ES you keep tundra, alpine, etc. exhibits in animal houses. That's what I do for meh penguins.

Offline Jaguar

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 10:36:43 PM »
I agree, this is an excellent strategy to use, it makes zoos look tons more natural in my eyes. This is why I always do this for my habitats and such. :hammer2:

Offline Markydidit

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 07:27:33 AM »
Yes, but for alpine you could add hills and their trees and still have grassland try it. It's a great idea to have a diffrent biome in the indoor cages because it looks like you built the zoo around the animals and put a roof for control of weather.

:eleph:

Offline Markydidit

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 07:31:44 AM »
If I could have a favor, someone could post pics of how they did. I don't want to show my other building secret when I make those certain exhibit. (It's not really a HUGE secret but I don't want to show I want my own style so it looks unique.)

:ty1:

In the future please use the modify button rather than double post. Thanks! Mika
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 07:53:37 AM by mikaboshi »

Offline Isurus

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 09:07:53 AM »
To make the animals more at home if you make the biome brush a small as possible do lines in the cage so its hard to see them.

Offline Markydidit

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 02:11:27 PM »
I appreciate your help if you pst a few pics. I have a weird sence of builing I can make a marsh, desert, savannah, scrub, alpine, grassland, boreal forest, temperate, tropical, and all of MM biomes it's really easy. But take this in as a thought take a look at rainforests to make rainforest exhibits it makes a great inspiration.  :iloveZA:

Offline BottleNoseDolphin1

• Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 02:41:50 PM »
I have this one zoo currently in development where there is a HUGE indoor primate house, A reptile house, and a exibit that has a in- exibit viewing area made from tank walls and elevated path. Oh and did i mention the primate house use the same idea too?  :clap:

Offline Markydidit

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 03:35:36 PM »
This has nothing to do with this particular subject but I have an idea for the aviary well it's ST's idea. We could just make his wild wings pack but for zoo tycoon 2. Seriously you could use the chain link fence make it taller and design a roof and a aviary entrance make some nests, and the aviary animals and you done! You could also make ST's small aviary as one of those reptile house in zoo tycoon 2.
                                                P.S. ShenTirag if you ever read this maybe you could actually start desinging the wild wings pack for ZT2. Post if you read it saying yes or no.

I never made the Wild Wings pack - I think you might be getting me confused with someone else! - Shen
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 04:28:21 PM by ShenTirag »

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 04:30:24 PM »
Shen didn't make the Wild Wings XP, she only uploaded it. Please look at the description to see the "Created by" spot at the top so you don't confuse the two. Also, its not as easy to make birds in 2 as it was in 1.

Offline Markydidit

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 04:43:22 PM »
Ooops my bad, I know it's a tuffy to make a bird in ZT2 but if any of you guys try I appreciate it very much. (I can't explian how thakful I'd be for you if you made one.) So maybe you guys could team up and make them. Like for a california condor or harpy eagle, you could use the secertary bird and shorten the legs and go on form there. And here is an idea make the ambient birs into aviary animals you can put into your custom made aviary cages.
                                   Sorry for my mistake.

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 04:53:32 PM »
I'm going to have to say that birds are very difficult to make and remodelling would take a lot of time and effort and it's not something I think a lot of designers are willing to do right now.

Offline DinoMania

• Zookeeper
  • Go!! Pokemon Team!!
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 05:02:03 PM »
Yeah, its better to make animals abit more ''homie" like adding some Scrub in a tigers exhibit and/or adding trees from the same area! Hmmp, Some thing like that. :eggwink

Offline Markydidit

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 03:22:54 PM »
I understand Shen but do you think you could use my aviary idea with an entrance and a roof. Or maybe the turning ambient birds into animals? Post what you think here. (Sorry if this is as hard as making it from a normal animal.)

Offline Red-Panda-Freak

• Zookeeper
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 06:43:34 PM »
a bird xp would be really cool but it would be really hard because they'd probably have to come up with some kind of netting for the tops of the exhibits.
Also there's not really a theme that could be created (for food stands, etc.)

Offline Markydidit

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 08:33:04 AM »
Ooops! I'm sorry. I forgot to tell you my idea on how to make the aviary. Here you go.

U could make the chain link fence taller and some how make the roof then you can try to make an entrance to those like in the wild wings user-made XP. Sorry if that takes alot of effort. I think it sounds easy but I know it's not but since I don't do APE2 I wouldn't be able to tell.

Post Back sharing of how you think of my idea.    :worthy:

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 04:05:23 AM »
Yeah...it's the "some how" to make a roof and editing object models can't be done right now (they are a different NIF format to animals) that is where the difficulty lies.  Editing objects in the manner you want is very difficult indeed.  I personally am not open for requests right now, and I think the best you can do for now is tank walls and an elevated path roof for an aviary.