Author Topic: Shallow Vs. Deep Water  (Read 12459 times)

Offline Volksdragon

• Pooper Scooper
Shallow Vs. Deep Water
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2006, 11:59:19 PM »
If an animal can swim in deep water, I do a quick layout of the pond/lake/whatever in shallow water, then go in the middle deep, so it has 'shores' of a sort, so that if it just wants to wade in the water, it can.

Offline supremeruler77

• Zookeeper
Shallow Vs. Deep Water
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2006, 05:54:56 PM »
you guys pretty much summed it up. polar bears, penguins, all wetlands animals (im not sure about AA) EXCEPT Panthers. tigers and jaguars, taipars, komodos, tortoises i think, nile monitors and pygmy hippos, not sure about water buffolo, all like deep water. BUT BEWARE! some animals will drown in SHALLOW water! aka thomsons gazzelle and fennec fox.

Offline Xanadu2930

• Pooper Scooper
Shallow Vs. Deep Water
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2006, 08:52:23 AM »
Actually, any wetland animals love it, and the elephants seem to as well.

Offline AnimalKeeper95

• Pooper Scooper
Deep vs. Shallow
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2006, 10:29:34 AM »
Well, shallow for any animal that can't swim or if you don't have much space in exhibit.
and deep for animals that have alot of space and can swim and for more realistic waterfalls.

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
Shallow Vs. Deep Water
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2006, 12:00:43 PM »
I guess it depends on the animal you're using.  Some animals can't swim and some can tolerate shallow water while other s can swim.  When I make exhibits for animals that can swim, I plan out my water area and cover it with shallow water.  Then I use the deep water option and go into the middle of the area and work my way to land; however, I leave a little bit of shallow water on the ridges to make it look realistic and so that the animal doesn't go straight from land to water.

Offline world

• Zookeeper
Shallow Vs. Deep Water
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2006, 02:21:28 PM »
i sometimes use a deep/shallow moat sort of thing where the animals can get into shallow then deep water and then it gets shallow towards the guests,to keep the animals away,kinda like this:

Offline starwolfie

• Zookeeper
Shallow Vs. Deep Water
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2006, 01:17:08 AM »
makes sense..yay 40th post

Offline Dreamweaver

• Pooper Scooper
Shallow Vs. Deep Water
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2006, 02:12:36 PM »
Water has so many glitches in the game. oo;; Like the time my polar bear was swimming in utter nothingness, and the baby penguin waddling in deep water. xD