Author Topic: Zoohio's ZT2 Zoo and Aquarium  (Read 19630 times)

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Zoohio's ZT2 Zoo and Aquarium
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2007, 02:31:20 PM »
I take my hat off to you, Zoohio, well done. Amazing photography, amazing zoos. :specool:

Offline happyholly

• Pooper Scooper
    • an alternative view
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2007, 04:19:42 AM »
Hi zoohio! I love your marine zoo, its amazing! :surprise:

But I have a question, please. I have looked and looked at your manta ray exhibit and I can't work out how you built it. I see you have one tank wall and the rest cliff walls, but how do you fill the exhibit with water, so the water is above the level of the viewing area?!:wacko: When I tried to do this, the water level didn't rise up to the top of the tank wall. I'm kind of frustrateed on this!!

Sorry if you are not allowed/don't want to tell me!:blushing:

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2007, 02:31:40 PM »
I could tell you..

PM me. : :P :

Offline amileegirl

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2007, 05:36:12 AM »
Quote from: happyholly;178597
Hi zoohio! I love your marine zoo, its amazing! :surprise:

But I have a question, please. I have looked and looked at your manta ray exhibit and I can't work out how you built it. I see you have one tank wall and the rest cliff walls, but how do you fill the exhibit with water, so the water is above the level of the viewing area?!:wacko: When I tried to do this, the water level didn't rise up to the top of the tank wall. I'm kind of frustrateed on this!!

Sorry if you are not allowed/don't want to tell me!:blushing:

I have my own way of doing it since I couldn't find a tutorial anywhere

I have been frustrated by this as well but then discovered that you need to place your glass wall first, then raise the terrain to the level you want behind it, then regular wall needs to go on top of the terrain level you leveled up (not down below surrounding it).  Next fill in with deep water right up against the tank wall, then use the level tool to remove the dirt from against the tank walls inside and out (you may have to click down a ditch or two to make the inside water bottom match the outside or just to make it deeper).  Smooth smooth smooth, flatten flatten flatten.  You can raise or lower the tank wall to what level you desire.      It takes some practice and yelling at the computer :loony: to get it right.  

Tips:
If you have water on the outside of the tank wall it won't smooth or level.
If you don't have the water right up to the tank wall you just get this weird cliff.
If you have spots of shallow water instead of deep inside, that won't smooth near the tank wall.
If you make an error with the water, turn it back to dirt terrain, flatten, smooth, then readd water.
Make the area bigger than you would normally do.
Be prepared to do a lot--and I do mean a lot--of correcting until you get better at it.

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2007, 05:46:36 AM »
I hope the question was answered.

In the Manta Ray exhibit, I created a huge mountain, and then filled the center with water.
Then, using the terrain level/lowering tool, I made the water deeper, to the desired level, moving it right up to the Aquarium wall. It works very well. It takes a little practice, and if you work in little sections at a time, you can easily undo it if you go to far.

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
    • http://
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2007, 01:33:10 PM »
Zoohio! It took me about an hour to get through this thread last night..I was too tired to even post! But oh my gosh! You definately have not lost any of your talent. I tried to build a marine zoo because I haven't used the animals much, but I just couldn't get into it. This has given me new inspiration! Great work! :thumbsup:

Offline happyholly

• Pooper Scooper
    • an alternative view
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2007, 03:05:44 AM »
Weeeee!!! Thanks zoohio and amileegirl!! :woot: I have played around using your tips and the results are great!!

Its easy when you know how!!:laughing:  Thanks again!

Offline african_elephant_2006

• Zookeeper
  • Remember the elephants. Forget ivory!
Re: Zoohio's ZT2 Zoo and Aquarium
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2007, 08:24:16 AM »
Great tips, guys! I'll have to try it out some time. :happy:

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2007, 07:43:16 PM »
Incredible screens!!! My heart stopped with the Shark exhibits and the Rays...wow, just wow. I can't wait to get Marine Mania now that i've seen what can you do!
Your zoo is just amazing, really!

Offline Chimpinater

• Zookeeper
  • I am Dr. Chimpinater!
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
Zoohio= God of the show and tell :worthy: :katdance:

Offline BottleNoseDolphin1

• Zookeeper
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2007, 05:17:32 PM »
Omg your zoo is amazing!  :surprise:  Ive always wanted to make a zoo like that but it always gets messed up.  :crying: Btw how do you get your water to look like that? even with the water detail turned all the way up, i still can't get it to look like that  :boohoo:

Offline ZooLu

• Pooper Scooper
  • I'm crazier than you.
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2007, 08:19:20 AM »
OMG... and I thought I was good at building zoos... How did you get the road through the tank? 'cos I gotta try that with my killer whales & dolphins! I now worship you.  :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Oh, by the way, ditto what the other guys said :P

Offline huntergaber@seaworld

• Pooper Scooper
  • I absolutely LOVE SeaWorld and Shamu :)
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2007, 09:20:08 AM »
 :worthy:    You are SO good at building zoo's!  :goodjob:

Offline ponygirl

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2007, 10:02:46 AM »
this zoo is so good  :clap: :worthy: :eggwub