Author Topic: Downloads Help  (Read 1276 times)

Offline babygirl

• Pooper Scooper
Downloads Help
« on: November 12, 2005, 08:11:51 PM »
I am having some problems with a few of the animals i downloaded.  Leather back sea turtle and Green Loggerhead Turtle will not swim or even go in the water and are very unhappy about it!!  Bonobo, Jaribu, Siamang, and Meerkat request mates but when I give them a mate they still want one and then so does the new animal.  Pgymy Hippo completely shuts down my game the minute I put it in an exhibit.  Please let me know if you can help.  

e-mailaddress removed for security reasons
Bielski
Forum Admin

Offline fern

• Zookeeper
Downloads Help
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 02:19:14 AM »
I tested all three turtles Zoo Kingdom Loggerhead and Zoo Kingdom Leatherback and Leatherback Sea Turtle by RSN . I was able to get all of them over 90% suitability. However all three are tank only animals and therefore can only be exhibited in MM or CC Games. My guess is you tried to place them in seawater terrain rather than in tanks. If you want a land/seawater terrain turtle Ghirin at Zootek created a Western Pond Turtle that does that.
I will now go and look at your other problems and either edit this post  or make a new one as I find the answers for you
Bonobo When I first constructed an exhibit I did get the needs a mate even though I put one of each in. I ignored it and built up a 90% suitable exhibit 10 x 10 containing two males and two females. By this time they had stopped looking for a mate. Also since primates are such a pain for escaping I use the Reinforced Concrete and Glass Fence to contain them.
I had the same results for the meerkats 10x5 one pair 99% suitable, siamang by Loewnefrau 10x10 2 pairs 99% suitable. Jabiru (ZTU) 10x10 one pair 99% suitable. ZT can sometimes be a bit slow to recognise a change like the adding of a mate. Just stick with it and as you can see the problem usually resolves itself.
Now to go and check the hippo.
The pygmy hippo by Whitetiger suffers from several problems not the least being that it failed to realise that the Rock Wall Fence is in fact a fence and insisted on continually walking through it.  ;)  It has a graphics problem when swimming with at least one view. It also seems to occasionally get stuck while in water. It did not however crash my game. I will get someone else who knows more than me to look at this one. It also seems to pooh a lot more than I like. I also notice that it shows savannah habitat but in fact has no savannah things in its exhibit. It appears to be more rainforest oriented.

Offline babygirl

• Pooper Scooper
Downloads Help
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 05:08:05 PM »
Fern.......i downloaded a patch that fixed the bonobo, siamang, meerkat and several other animals that were complaining about the mate situation.  But the pgymy hippo, florida panther, arctic house and totem pole still shut my game down if i try to use them.  Thanks so much with the turtle advice.  Let me know if you or anyone else can offer a solution for the game crashing animals.