Author Topic: Please Help With Dll Files.  (Read 1047 times)

Offline distanthorizon

• Pooper Scooper
Please Help With Dll Files.
« on: March 20, 2006, 03:51:45 AM »
I am running ZT1 and can't seem to get ANY downloaded files with dll partners to work right in the game. I am on a MAC using OX Panther. I can put the zdt files correctly, and the objects do show up in the game, but I can't seem to get any dll files into the game and the object have no text. There is not one dll file in my version anywhere in the Zoo Tycoon folders. I have files that end in "lang" instead of "dll" (I don't know if PC users have lang files too). I have tried putting the dll files into ever folder and directory, and have also tried renaming them with a "lang" extension. Nothing works. Are there any Mac people that can offer a suggestion? Thanks!

Offline crazedgiggles

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Please Help With Dll Files.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 01:24:52 PM »
I have the same problem, and I'm on Tiger. The problem is, Mac can't understand .dll formats, which are a Windows-only format. Sadly I don't know a way around this either, so any help on this would be quite nice!

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Re: Please Help With Dll Files.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 06:14:31 PM »
Sorry, but crazedgiggles is exactly right.  Any downloads that need a .dll file will not work on the Mac because it's a file format it does not understand.  Even if you change the extension it doesn't work...you'd have to find a way to convert the file.

Unfortunately, because the Mac version of ZT1 was made by a 3rd party company, they never even converted Blue Fang's own bonus downloads for the Mac version, so there aren't any examples for other creators to work off of.

However any of the downloads that don't need a .dll file will work with ZT1, including the user created ones, many of which will soon be available again here!   :D