Author Topic: After unzipping....  (Read 1702 times)

Offline JoshMeister

• Pooper Scooper
After unzipping....
« on: June 03, 2006, 10:45:46 AM »
after i unzip the file and put it under c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon\dlupdate. I click on it and it says windows cannot open this file. then it asks would u like to selects the program that created it from a list or use the internet to search for the program.  If anyone can help me and tell me wut program wud have created it or any other tips they would be creatly appreciated.  Thanks...

By the way the file is the user created animal common sunfish for ZT1 if its any help.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
After unzipping....
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 11:12:57 AM »
Why do you want to open it in the first place. Once you place it in the dlupdate folder you open the game and the animal will be available in the animals menu so it can be used in your zoos.

If you are trying to open it to do something else with it. i advise you to first contact the animals creator to get written permission to use any part of the file.

Offline JoshMeister

• Pooper Scooper
After unzipping....
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 11:22:50 AM »
so once i have it in the dlupdate folder it alredy have it in the game?....becuz when u said u have the open it , that wut i have been trying and thats when i get the response about having to locate the program that created it.

and no i just want the animal available in the game im not trying to edit it or anything else.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
After unzipping....
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 11:57:28 AM »
Ok once you have the ZTD file in the dlupdate folder and if the zip contained a .dll file it has to be placed in the main Zoo Tycoon folder.

Start up Zoo Tycoon and either start a new game or open a saved game you are working on. Click on the animal adoption tab and the animal will be available for you to use in your zoo.

Offline JoshMeister

• Pooper Scooper
After unzipping....
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 12:00:24 PM »
alrite i got it now thx alot for ur help.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
After unzipping....
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 12:14:10 PM »
Anytime that's what this iste is all about.
Question answered so i will now close this.

:s_closed: