Author Topic: Installing ZT 1 Downloads Discussion  (Read 6471 times)

Kitsuya

Installing ZT 1 Downloads Discussion
« on: February 27, 2005, 01:53:03 PM »
I dont have an update page.  And the URL you gave us wasn't found on my computer.  Is this for ZT or ZT2, because I am using ZT2.

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 02:03:19 PM »
its for zt1-  and which url?

Kitsuya

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 02:17:32 PM »
oh.  whoops.  I can't read anymore.  I meant the c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon\Updates one.  But I really wanna know how to install the zt2 ones.  Do you know how to?

moneymaker

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 03:32:29 PM »
Do I still need Winzip if I have Windows XP? I thought I read something somewhere that said XP didn't require any additional software to unzip zip files....or was I dreaming? It hasn't worked yet without it, but I could have been doing any number of other things incorrectly. I have ZT 1 CC, and when I downloaded a file, it was there when I loaded ZT & went to 'check for updates' and 'check locally'. Then on the restart, of course, they weren't available in my zoo. I'm going to keep trying, because I know it said somewhere I have it-I remember something on the XP info said if you add another utility (and it named Winzip) it will replace the one that's already on there. I'm going to keep trying-wish me luck! If anyone knows how to do this, please help!

moneymaker

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 07:38:02 PM »
Thanks, I'm off to try that. By the way, I downloaded the Winzip because I still couldn't get it to work (before I knew to do it manually), so do I even need the Winzip?

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 07:48:24 PM »
yes ...use winzip to avoid any problems.

moneymaker

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 08:29:09 PM »
I am trying to download the adoption center. The files are all unzipped and in the proper file (dlupdate). Why can't I see the adoption center when I go to the buildings tab on my zoo? Do I need to do research to get it? Will this ever work for me? Or is it just for you computer whizzes? Getting desperate!

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 08:47:26 PM »
Hi there money.  Did you make sure to install the .ztd into your updates (if you have basic ZT) or dlupdates (if you have later versions)?  Also, you will need the .dll file also.  You can use the one that is included, or one of the combined files.  The .dll file will need to be placed in your main Zoo Tycoon folder (the one with your zoo.ini file).  Hope this helps.

moneymaker

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 09:03:25 PM »
Thank you for being so patient and helpful...I just hadn't put the dll file in the main Zoo Tycoon folder.
I just checked and OHMYGOD! I have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I just need dragons and pegasus and...
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
I didn't even know stuff like this existed...my kids are going to think I'm the coolest! I better go play while they're asleep.

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 09:10:24 PM »
No problem money.  Keep in mind, ZT has an in game limit for total number of .dll files - believe it is 63.  Any more than that, the game will crash.  There are 4 combined .dll files available in our downloads section.  langZA01, langZA02, langZA050ms, and langZA03.  They each have specific instructions of which .dll files they replace, and can be located HERE.  Also, Zoo Keeper's Lounge has a combined .dll that includes some items found at ZA.

etdurbin

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 01:38:57 PM »
I don't have any expansion packs just the original zoo tycoon.  Do i  follow the same instructions as above to get my things to work?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 01:46:24 PM »
yes you just put the ztd files into your updates folder.

etdurbin

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 02:03:26 PM »
DId that. DO i have to wait until they get unlocked like when to get teh pizza stand and all that.

etdurbin

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 02:11:33 PM »
I got them to work once i downloaded the patch.  Thanks for the help.

Ges

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 04:31:31 PM »
I feel stupid here... :blush

I have downloaded files before, because I have them in the game and they work. But now when I unzip the files there is no Updates folder to put them in!  :crazy

Should I reinstall the game or is there something I am missing?

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 04:53:29 PM »
Strange- check the path where you zoo tycoon is installed to- there should be a folder there called updates.  If there isn't you must have deleted it by accident perhaps.  Reinstalling would then be the thing to do as there may be other files gone as well.

Ges

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2005, 07:28:24 PM »
Alright!

Thank you Aussie! :happy

Ges

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 01:03:58 PM »
:( Well I spoke too soon...

They still aren't there!
I don't think there's much else to do.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 01:44:44 PM »
Ges,

1) Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the game ???

2) When you uninstalled did you run the ZT registry cleaner available in the Utilities section of our downloads ??

if not download the registry cleaner. Use add/remove programs in control panel to uninstall ZT. install and run the registry cleaner then reboot the system. reinstall ZT and then run the game with no downloads to be sure it runs ok. after you exit the game, open Windows explorer and click as follows

Local Drive : C

Program Files

Microsoft Games

Zoo tycoon

in the zoo tycoon folder you should now have an updates folder

you can now reinstall any downloads you wan to use but do it using copy and paste manually do not use the ingame updater and also be sure you download and install the game update patch from the utilities here or the main ZT sight.

Don't give up yet. If you follow the directions I have supplied you should have no problems with your game when completed.

Yellowrose

Simonsays

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2005, 12:27:21 AM »
I am a mac user, and I have unziped the files from the cc bonus stufff i dowloaded form the site, but I can't get the whale shark and tapir to work ect.. They are there, but they are invisable. The orangatng and komodogdragon and stuff works, but some animals don't. I downloaded everything off of the cc bonus material page, but I am not sure what to do. Where do I put things after I unzip them, if i am a mac user? :sick  I have know idea what I am doing.

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2005, 01:52:00 AM »
I do not know anything about mac computers however:

If animals are invisible you are missing a dll file.  For example the whale shark zip contains 2 files- a ztd which goes in updates and a dll which should be put in your main zoo tycoon folder.

Simonsays

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2005, 04:29:29 PM »
Okay so if I am missing the dll file then how do I get it?
I tried redowloading thee material that isn't working and that didn't do anything.

Simonsays

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2005, 05:49:39 PM »
Okay I foun dou that I can see the female version of the grey whale and whale shark, but not the male version. Any suggestions or thoughts on whats going on? :blush

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2005, 03:36:57 AM »
'Version'?! :blink Ah well.

You should find the .dll file in the .zip file you downloaded. Place that in the main Zoo Tycoon directory.

ccf

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2005, 04:08:50 PM »
I've posted here along time ago.  I am playing Zoo Tycoon one   again now. I just unzipped the Endangered Species files but the   endangered species names and descriptions Doesn't show up
 Should I let the game find them or do I need to put them in a certin folder.