Author Topic: How do I install the ZA map editor?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline horse23

• Zookeeper
How do I install the ZA map editor?
« on: July 23, 2006, 02:35:42 PM »
It doesn't say on the download page, and I don't want to mess up the game. How do you install it, and how do you use it, and how do you turn it off? :ermm:

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 02:45:32 PM »
Unzip the download.  Inside is a text file (.txt) with the installation instructions and directions on how to use it.  To turn it off, remove the file from your game.

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 02:56:40 PM »
Here's another, safer, way to use the ZA Map Editor. First, create a file somewhere on your hard drive (in My Documents for example) and name it ZA Map Editor. Then unzip the files into this folder. After you read the text file, take the Map Editor and move it into your ZooTycoon dlupdate folder (not the main folder). When you start up your game, you will find the map editor objects in the objects tab. When you are finished with the map editor, make sure you move it back to the file folder you set up for it-that way you'll always know where to find it. Make sure you delete the zoo entrance on the map you're modifying first, then go back to the Main Menu-it will ask you if you want to save your current game. Say yes, and rename it with something that describes what you're making (I always use the word "map" at the end of it so I know it's one of my creations). Then when the main screen comes back up, click on Load a Saved Game, find your map and open it. Presto!!! There's the new map in progress, and you can begin to delete walls, redesign them-whatever you want. Just be sure to keep the new walls and objects at least one tile away from the edge of the map, otherwise it will cause the game to crash (not a good thing! :pinch: ). Let us know if you have any more questions about it-we're happy to help!! :happy:

Edit: I must be slipping--this goes in ZT 1 Download Support, so moving there.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 03:08:42 PM by LadyZookeeperNY »

Offline horse23

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 05:51:47 PM »
Thanks! I installed it and am working on my first map, Waterfront Zoo. This topic can be closed.

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 09:30:51 PM »
Doing as requested... :s_closed: