Author Topic: Cannot install downloads  (Read 962 times)

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
Cannot install downloads
« on: January 19, 2005, 04:45:19 PM »
Posted by: TessB Nov. 13 2004, 10:15 AM
Hi there,

I have just downloaded a couple of things from the site here and went to f:\program files\microsoft games\zoo tycoon, but I dont have an updates folder, nor a saved games folder, dlupdatesf older or a maps folder.

Does anyone know why the folders are not there, and how I can install these downloads? Also, can you tell me how I find out which version of ZT I have?

Many thanks,
Tess
xx  

Posted by: zoomama Nov. 13 2004, 10:42 AM
The folders have to be there ... maybe you made a slight mistake in typing? Read these instructions again http://forums.ogresnet.com/zoo/index.php?showtopic=12438 ... and the version means do you have the basic zt ... the complete collection(all parts of the game), marine mania or dino digs.  

Posted by: TessB Nov. 13 2004, 11:11 AM
Hi Zoomama,

Thanks for the quick response! The folders aren't there, I didnt type anything I manually browsed to the zoo tycoon folder myself.

Regards the version, I was wondering how to find out which one I have as I was given the disc by a friend and dont have the box/booklet etc that it came with?

Thanks,
Tess
xx  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 13 2004, 12:14 PM
The version number will be in the right hand bottom corner of the main menu of the game  

Posted by: TessB Nov. 13 2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks, I just noticed it on the start up screen.

The other thing I noticed is in the updates part of the start screen I dont have an option to look locally. My friend bought the game when in the US and I wondered if this makes a difference - might explain why I dont have the folders, etc?

Thanks,
Tess  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 13 2004, 12:48 PM
ok you have not given us the version number but it sounds like a demo or beta version you have there. which would explain why you dont have those things.

If you tell us the version number we can confirm that.  

Posted by: TessB Nov. 13 2004, 12:59 PM
Version number is 10.07.00.0005

It is a full version as far as I know, I have installed it from a disc.

Thanks,
Tess
x  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 13 2004, 01:14 PM
ok 05 at the end is a beta version- and yes it would come on a disk.

06 is the retail version, and when updated with the patch it would be 09.

I am sorry but those functions not available. You will have to buy a retail version.

Posted by: TessB Nov. 13 2004, 01:17 PM
Oh right, I see, I shall have words with my friend !

Might as well buy the cc then, thanks for that!

Tess
x  

Posted by: winkiedude Nov. 14 2004, 12:53 PM
I am having the same problem.

I just came back from the store and bought this retail version, yet there are nothingh other than numbered folders under the zoo tycoon 2 directory  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 14 2004, 01:08 PM
This is for Zoo Tycoon 1

Install ZT2 downloads with the ingame downloader.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 14 2004, 02:13 PM
For Zoo Tycoon 2-

The folders for downloads, saved games and screenshots are in documents and settings.

For downloads you need to go to c:/documents and settings/all users/application data/microsoft games/zoo tycoon 2/downloads

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
Cannot install downloads
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 04:45:19 PM »
Posted by: TessB Nov. 13 2004, 10:15 AM
Hi there,

I have just downloaded a couple of things from the site here and went to f:\program files\microsoft games\zoo tycoon, but I dont have an updates folder, nor a saved games folder, dlupdatesf older or a maps folder.

Does anyone know why the folders are not there, and how I can install these downloads? Also, can you tell me how I find out which version of ZT I have?

Many thanks,
Tess
xx  

Posted by: zoomama Nov. 13 2004, 10:42 AM
The folders have to be there ... maybe you made a slight mistake in typing? Read these instructions again http://forums.ogresnet.com/zoo/index.php?showtopic=12438 ... and the version means do you have the basic zt ... the complete collection(all parts of the game), marine mania or dino digs.  

Posted by: TessB Nov. 13 2004, 11:11 AM
Hi Zoomama,

Thanks for the quick response! The folders aren't there, I didnt type anything I manually browsed to the zoo tycoon folder myself.

Regards the version, I was wondering how to find out which one I have as I was given the disc by a friend and dont have the box/booklet etc that it came with?

Thanks,
Tess
xx  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 13 2004, 12:14 PM
The version number will be in the right hand bottom corner of the main menu of the game  

Posted by: TessB Nov. 13 2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks, I just noticed it on the start up screen.

The other thing I noticed is in the updates part of the start screen I dont have an option to look locally. My friend bought the game when in the US and I wondered if this makes a difference - might explain why I dont have the folders, etc?

Thanks,
Tess  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 13 2004, 12:48 PM
ok you have not given us the version number but it sounds like a demo or beta version you have there. which would explain why you dont have those things.

If you tell us the version number we can confirm that.  

Posted by: TessB Nov. 13 2004, 12:59 PM
Version number is 10.07.00.0005

It is a full version as far as I know, I have installed it from a disc.

Thanks,
Tess
x  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 13 2004, 01:14 PM
ok 05 at the end is a beta version- and yes it would come on a disk.

06 is the retail version, and when updated with the patch it would be 09.

I am sorry but those functions not available. You will have to buy a retail version.

Posted by: TessB Nov. 13 2004, 01:17 PM
Oh right, I see, I shall have words with my friend !

Might as well buy the cc then, thanks for that!

Tess
x  

Posted by: winkiedude Nov. 14 2004, 12:53 PM
I am having the same problem.

I just came back from the store and bought this retail version, yet there are nothingh other than numbered folders under the zoo tycoon 2 directory  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 14 2004, 01:08 PM
This is for Zoo Tycoon 1

Install ZT2 downloads with the ingame downloader.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 14 2004, 02:13 PM
For Zoo Tycoon 2-

The folders for downloads, saved games and screenshots are in documents and settings.

For downloads you need to go to c:/documents and settings/all users/application data/microsoft games/zoo tycoon 2/downloads