Author Topic: Downloads  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Fuzzy

• Pooper Scooper
Downloads
« on: August 14, 2006, 09:14:20 PM »
I already know the file you're supposed to save it under, but I can't find it on my comp, can anybody help me figure this out? :huh:

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
Downloads
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 10:20:38 PM »
Well usually you'd:
- press start and find the windows explorer.
- open the windows explorer ---> click on "My Computer" and find "Local Disc" (normally that would be called C)
- Click on that and find "Program Files" ----> click and find "Microsoft Games"
- (almost there now) click on "Zoo Tycoon" and find the folder called either updates or dlupdates depending on which version of ZT1 you have.
- Now putt the *.ztd-files in there. The *.dll- files you can put in "Zoo Tycoon"

Hope this helps you on your way

Offline Fuzzy

• Pooper Scooper
Downloads
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 10:44:58 PM »
I have two questions now (sigh bare with me here : :P : ). Are the *.dll-files the ones with dll in front of the name? If so, I put them in ztc file, and they won't upload.

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
Downloads
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 01:35:37 PM »
No dll are files with dll as an extention (e.g. lang001.dll) and you put that in the main folder. If you don't the download will not function properly.

When you for example download a building, you will get a zip-file. When you unzip the file it will leave you with (most of the time) two files.
1) a ztd-file (which is the building itself)
2) a dll-file (which makes the building functional)
The ztd-file you will have to upload (move) into the above mentioned (dl)updates folder and the dll-file you will have to upload (move) into the main Zoo Tycoon folder.

Does this help in anyway??