Author Topic: Is there something wrong?  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Teh Tycoon

• Pooper Scooper
Is there something wrong?
« on: September 03, 2006, 12:41:56 PM »
I'm new to this site, so correct me if this is the wrong forum, but I have trouble downloading custom animals. Is something wrong with my computer or something I'm doing wrong?

Offline Seraphii

• Signed, sealed, delivered
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 12:48:47 PM »
Okay,first of all,welcome to ZA!
please,ogo introduce yourself at introductions,wed really love to get to know you!
and secondly,explan further....I dont really understand

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 12:49:28 PM »
Ok Moving this to ZT1 Download Support! :bob:

Welcome to ZA - as Seraphii says, be sure to head over to the Introductions thread - here (without a doubt best cookies in the world!) - and say hi to all of us!

Can you be a bit more specific - has your computer actually started downloading the files or does it stop before then?
Also if you could let us know which download you are trying we may be able to help a little more! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 12:51:31 PM by alloy61 »

Offline Teh Tycoon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 12:52:30 PM »
I'll go to introductions soon enough.

Well, I download it and stuff then save it to my document then go to Zoo Tycoon then to download locally and click on it then restart then its not there.

Do I need to explain more?

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 12:59:58 PM »
Do you have winzip installed on your computer? If so, sometimes that's the easier way to unzip the files and move them into the proper game folders yourself. It would also be helpful to know which ZT 1 version(s) you're running.

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 01:00:56 PM »
Ok first of all have you unzipped the files? To do this you need to use WinZip or WinRAR, if you don't have it then you can usually find a version by googling it
Secondly I recommend you look here, this will show you some alternatives to using the in-game feature if it doesn't work.
Hope that helps!

EDIT - looks like LadyZ beat me to it :laughing:

Offline Teh Tycoon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 01:02:16 PM »
I guess I do, I save the files on my documents, does that make a diferance?

I use Complete Collection

Edit: No way, I'm not buying anything. Is there another way to fix my problem?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 01:14:47 PM by Teh Tycoon »

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 05:02:30 PM »
Here is what most of us do: First, create a folder in your My Documents called ZT Downloads. This is where I keep all of my user downloads for easy finding. Now, once you have downloaded the file, double click on it and, if you have Winzip on your computer, it should automatically open. I use the free Evaluation version all the time. Once Winzip is open, select the file, then choose "Extract" from the tool bar above. Use the Browse feature on the bottom to locate your Zoo Tycoon game. It can usually be found at C:/Program Files/Games/Microsoft/Zoo Tycoon (that's its default location on a normal installation). Now when the file extension on a dowload is ".dll", this file needs to be put in to your Zoo Tycoon folder (the main one). If the file extension is ".ztd" you need to put that in your dlupdate folder. That's the graphics file for the download.

If you don't have Winzip, go here where you can download a free trial version of it. If you have any more problems be sure to research our download support forum as your questions might have already been asked and answered. If not, let us know-we'll do our best to assist you.

LadyZ :wub:

Offline Teh Tycoon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 10:11:13 AM »
Thanks for the link! Winzip is pretty simple too by the looks of it!

But it won't work, It comes up with the following after I click yes to open the data report after it won't move the file.

Extracting to "E:\DATA\MANIA\XPACK2\"
Use Path: yes   Overlay Files: no
Error:  Access is denied.
Cannot create E:\DATA\MANIA\XPACK2\DesertVolociraptorGha_2004.ztd

???

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 09:50:08 PM »
Winzip is trying to extract to your game cd which is safety locked.
Save it to a temporary file on your main hard drive (the path would be something like this - C:\Temp) or your desktop.  You can change the path by using the folder list on the right side of the extraction box.