Author Topic: Baby Tycoon causing crash?  (Read 1498 times)

Offline samkit

• Pooper Scooper
Baby Tycoon causing crash?
« on: November 14, 2006, 11:01:52 AM »
Has anyone had problems with the Baby Tycoon download? It's been crashing my game, and I'm not sure why. It doesn't even happen when I'm doing things with the babies, I could be working on another part of my zoo and suddenly my game will crash. I'm under the .ztd and .dll limit, and I've looked through the id strings of Baby Tycoon and my other user created objects/animals, and there are no duplicates. I'm not sure what else could be causing this. Is there a limit to the number of total animals/items that one can have in the game, and if so, what is it?

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 12:15:45 PM »
The only limits the game has (to my knowledge) are the ztd and dll limits. Are you using any hacks...e.g. freeform unlock or free staff.....If you are try taking them out and see what happens. A known problem is when you use more then one hack.....

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 01:28:49 PM »
I will have to agree with Bielski and say that it is most likely a conflicting hack. If you are convinced it is the Baby Tycoon download, try removing it to see if the game still crashes without it. If it does, then you will have to start looking at the hacks.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 02:07:55 PM »
There is another Issue that causes downloads to conflict and games to crash.

In the ucs and uca files there is a line the has LCID in it and a number appears this number should read 1033 if it is any other number it can cause games to crash. This is a problem with a number of files available throughout the community.

Offline samkit

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 06:45:30 PM »
I'm using a couple different hacks, but I've never had a problem with them before. I took out all hacks and user creations, and ZTC worked. I went through and added everything in twos and threes, except for Baby Tycoon. For some reason, "Tree House" was causing the crash, even though I've never had a problem with it before. Unless for some reason the scenario I'm on, t-rex breeding, is clashing with the Tree House. I'll try adding Baby Tycoon in a minute to see what happens..

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 09:01:37 PM »
There are multiple Baby Tycoon downloads. They have the LCID problem that Yellowrose mentions. So they will cause a problem for people with a Zoo Tycoon version that is not using American English or one of the other languages they are configured for. However, that problem would cause a crash in the purchase menu and not elsewhere. They have other problems as well. But I do not believe those other problems would cause a crash. The Tree House also has problems. But, again, I do not believe its problems would cause a crash. Except for the freeform unlock, I do not use other hacks on a regular basis. So I cannot speak on them.

There is a limit on how many user creations may be added to the game. This limit is 3000 or a little over. I suspect you did not hit that limit.

You might want to check your ".dll" files. It is known that user ".dll" files that changed or copied lang0.dll will cause sporadic crashes. If you have any user ".dll" file in your Zoo Tycoon folder that is larger than 1.8 mb, delete it. If you have any ".dll" file with "backup" in its name, delete it. Compare the size of lang0.dll on your harddisk with the lang0.dll on the Zoo Tycoon CD-ROM. If they are not the same size, copy the one from the Zoo Tycoon CD-ROM to the harddisk.

There could also be problems with some other user created animal that you have. Some of them can be difficult to find. For example, maybe they only cause a crash when they try to swim or try to escape or try to do some other activitity that they do not do very often.

Offline samkit

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 12:48:33 PM »
I added Baby Tycoon back in, and the game is working fine. I'm not sure why Tree House is acting up all of a sudden; even when I put it in without Baby Tycoon, the game crashed. Unless it has somehow become corrupted.

I checked the .dll files, and they're all under 1.8mb. I couldn't find lang0.dll on the disc, but I was looking on disc 2. Maybe it's on disc 1; otherwise I overlooked it somewhere.

Oh well, don't worry about it. The game is working fine now without the Tree House. I'll just have to do without it.

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 02:49:59 AM »
As the original problem is solved this topic will be closed