Author Topic: SWEP problem  (Read 1519 times)

Offline comicguy68

• Pooper Scooper
SWEP problem
« on: December 13, 2006, 11:04:25 PM »
Has anyone else encountered a problem with the SWEP file?  I downloaded the one from this new site/server but it doesn't come close to the one from the old site/server (the new one is 2,330 kb while the old one is 4,913 kb).  I then tried to unzip the new file and it opened into a blank folder.  :crying:

Offline comicguy68

• Pooper Scooper
Another One
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 12:00:06 AM »
I've just encountered the same problem with the Beach Resort Scenario (new file was 175 kb, old one was 179 kb, new file only created an empty folder).

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
SWEP problem
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 12:05:29 AM »
I have just  downlaoded a testd both the files you mention and they both work fine for me  In the SWEP one i have 4 ztd files and a readme so the problem must be how you are downlaoding it.  Can you give me more information on your connection (ie broadband, dialup) and if you are using a downlaod manger and what program you are usign to unzip the file

Offline comicguy68

• Pooper Scooper
downloading
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 10:17:01 AM »
I'm currently using DSL as my connection, downloading through IE and using "JustZipIt" to unzip the files.  I've been downloading like crazy for the past two weeks to try to replace my files (just starting to replace the ones from here).  I've downloaded about 200-250 files and they all come up okay.  I tried downloading them again before I posted but still got the same error.  I'll try once more (maybe third time's the charm).

Offline comicguy68

• Pooper Scooper
success
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 10:24:23 AM »
Well try number three failed (got a file of 210 kb for the SWEP) BUT the fourth try worked! :specool:   The Beach Resort downloaded on the third try.  Must have been a hiccup somewhere.  Sorry about that. Thanks for helping! :party5:

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
SWEP problem
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 11:35:45 AM »
glad you finally got them.  word of warning though you said you been on a downlaod spree well zt1 has a file limit (about 360 ztd and 63 dll files) so if you ahve more than that you will have to merge the ztd files..

Offline comicguy68

• Pooper Scooper
Thanks
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 02:58:58 AM »
Thanks for the warning!  I've seen that people have posted that warning before.  I usually test the files first to see if I like the animations, the way the object is designed, etc.  I really don't like to use "super" items (you know, ones that feed people and keeps them happy and does it for $2 maintenance fee per month).  Once I have all my downloads, I'll go searching for the threads on how to merge the ztds and dlls.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
SWEP problem
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 03:25:14 AM »
When you are ready you can find the combining tutorial  HERE

Offline comicguy68

• Pooper Scooper
Link
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 04:00:13 AM »
Thanks for the link!!  I've subscribed to the thread so when I'm ready, I'll come back and use it :party5: