Author Topic: trying to find langJBSPZT-Ultimate.dll  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Rinoa

• Pooper Scooper
trying to find langJBSPZT-Ultimate.dll
« on: January 06, 2007, 07:07:30 PM »
Hi this is my first post here, sorry if this topic is not where it should be, please move it if necessary :unsure: :blushing: .

I am trying to locate where I can find/download this file:

langJBSPZT-Ultimate.dll

I believe this .dll file translates Dutch to English. In other words, the English texts (in game) will be automatically displayed to non-Dutch-users. In particular the zt_frituur.zip download.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:pout:

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 10:49:34 PM »
Welcome to Zoo Admin.

".dll" files to not translate messages. They contain messages for certain things in Zoo Tycoon. In the case of langJBSPZT-Ultimate.dll, it has some messages in Dutch and some messages in English. For zt_frituur.zip (Chip Shop), the ".dll" file has both Dutch and English messages for the building. The site that had the ".dll" does not exist any more. There are plans to update that ".dll" file for other things. The Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory site has permission to update the ".dll". There are also some minor problems with the Chip Shop. It is possible in some cases that guests will go there to satisfy hunger or thirst, yet not have that need satisfied. The building guest thought is also incorrect. I am not aware of any plans currently to update the building.

Offline Rinoa

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 02:40:15 PM »
Hi Jay,

Thank you for your reply and explanation on dll files.  You mentioned that there seems to be some minor problems with the zt_frituur.zip (Chip Shop); would it be best for me to remove this file from my game?  Or is it possible for me to change the in game text to English and make sure that the guest's thirst and hunger are satisfied after their visit?
If this is possible, is there a "how to" guide for me to follow, I am a complete novice to APE and dll's.

I tried going to the Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory site, however it appears to be down, have they changed their site?

Once again, many thanks for your help.

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 11:24:53 PM »
I do not know how serious the problem is for the incorrect guest thought. I have not tested that. But I suspect the problems are minor enough to live with. For the food/drink problem, the worse that would happen is some guests would go to the stand several times in a row before their need is met. However, if you want to fix these problems and you are very familiar with unzipping and rezipping files, the steps to fix it would be:
1. Create a "frituur" folder somewhere that is not inside any Zoo Tycoon folder.
2. Unzip frituur.ztd into that folder.
3. Open 730BE026.ai (which is in the building subfolder within the scenery subfolder) in NotePad.
4. Change "cHungerChange = 0" to "cHungerChange = -100". Change "cThirstChange = 0" to "cThirstChange = -100". Remove "cUsedThought=10080". Save the changes and exit NotePad.
5. Rezip everything in the "frituur" folder into a new frituur.ztd.

As for English messages, that requires a ".dll" file, which is somewhat difficult to do. The best is to wait for the ".dll" update. The building can still be used without the messages.

As for the Download Directory site, the owner has been busy with the holidays and other real life things. I do not know when it will be back online. Hopefully it will be soon. However, the ".dll" update is not there yet.

Offline Rinoa

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 03:00:17 PM »
Hi Jay,

I am very familiar with zip files, so I will be able to follow your instructions to change the guest's hunger and thirst satisfaction levels.  Look forward to the lang file becoming available at a later date either here or at Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory, in the mean time will use the frituur building without the messages.

Thank you