Author Topic: Wild Wings  (Read 20974 times)

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
Wild Wings
« on: January 19, 2005, 05:44:37 PM »
Posted by: Eagle One Jan. 6 2004, 12:19 AM
This will be the support thread for the Wild Wings UXP
please post your qustions here ?  

Posted by: CartmanDude Jan. 6 2004, 12:25 AM
Where is the wild wings uxp? i can't find it in the downloades section.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 6 2004, 12:56 AM
As Loewenfrau posted in the WW thread- it is going to take at least a couple of days. All the files have to be fixed- (there are approx 30 animals) plus an issue with the animations is being looked at before it can be released.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 9 2004, 05:25 AM
It is getting closer to being fixed

Those that are trying to post otherwise on other sites are just the usual trouble makers  

There is a lot to fix and everyone is doing their best with everything else they have to do here, I applaud them for spending the time to fix all the files RSN has submitted- and thank RSN for making stuff for the community too.

Special thanks to Devona (ZK Lounge) and Mngwa (Zoo Admin) again for all the help they contribute to this and of course Loewenfrau who has spent endless hours fixing everything  

Posted by: Spiderghost Jan. 10 2004, 07:37 PM
Good to hear AK  . Why cant people just keep their noses in their own business. Oh, well their just jealous anyway.  

Posted by: dragonperson391 Jan. 10 2004, 08:56 PM
I can't wait. how many days would you guess?  

Posted by: rightEyElash Jan. 11 2004, 12:43 AM
Is there a list of what animals will be available?  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 11 2004, 12:52 AM
You can check the wild wing thread in current projects for information on the animals-

there is a further delay with testing, sorry cannot give you any further news when it will be released.  

Posted by: JackHannahJr. Jan. 11 2004, 09:35 AM
I'm glad to hear that WW is almost fixed and ready to be released.  It's been a long time since R-s-n started on this project and I can't wait to see it.  

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 11 2004, 02:49 PM
The animals(26)is:
Mythy(2)
Phoenix
Pegasus
Pre-historic(1)
Meganeura
Zoo Tycoon and Marine Mania(23)
Common puffin
Indian peafowl
Andean condor
California condor
Golden conure
Scarlet macaw
Hyacinth macaw
Harpy eagle
Bald eagle
Hoatzin
Eastern brown pelican
Black swam
Single wattled cassowary
Crowned crane
Emu(bow is dimorphic)
Concave casqued hornibill
Toco toucan
Blue and gold macaw
Machurian crane(updated)
Bali minah
Shoebill stork
Sunbittern
Snow owl

The objects inlcude the AviaryCage b yCatfish and others,i´m dont remeber at this moment.  

Posted by: Spiderghost Jan. 11 2004, 02:53 PM
Wow that is quite a list.  That is the first I've seen of the complete list. no wonder it is taking awhile to check it over.
I'm happy to see the Toucan and condors in the list. Ahhh heck, I was glad to see all of them. Good job  

Posted by: JackHannahJr. Jan. 11 2004, 02:59 PM
I hope Loewenfrau finishes it soon. I want to put them in my zoo so badly!  

Posted by: Spiderghost Jan. 11 2004, 03:02 PM

Yes, I'm anxious too. I want it to work correctly also.  

Posted by: dlugopets Jan. 16 2004, 10:16 PM
Sounds interesting. is it an expansion thing?

how do you keep them in the cages if they can fly?

is it magic?  
':saruman'  

Posted by: Crookshankz227 Jan. 17 2004, 08:22 AM
Animals fly out unless the fence is too short, but nothing can fly ove DD fences.
If you DL the aviary pack, then it will look like you have an aviary fence.  

Posted by: Sideshow_Bob Jan. 17 2004, 08:34 AM
But things like the peafowl can use normal fences?  

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 17 2004, 12:25 PM
Peafowls,hoatzins,sunbitterns,pelicans,swam,...these ones can put in normal fences.  

Posted by: JackHannahJr. Jan. 17 2004, 12:26 PM
I hope Loewenfrau releases it soon! She pmed me saying it would be up this weekend.  

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 17 2004, 12:29 PM
Yes.But need fiorst i´m correct htee developer itens.Also,is in my mind add other animal to the pack,an humming bird.  

Posted by: Bigfoot Jan. 20 2004, 10:51 PM
It is now out!!! Yeah!!!    

Posted by: Eagle One Jan. 20 2004, 11:59 PM
Yes it is and the Staff here at zoo admin did a great job on it Thanks RSN Loewenfrau, and all the other staff members that help in bring this out  

Posted by: PegasusUnicornPhoenix Jan. 21 2004, 12:13 AM
I was wondering if the Wild Wings pack will be Compatibility with all games versions or is it compatibility with the ZTCC. Please let me.

Thanks

Posted by: Ultimatewarlord Jan. 21 2004, 01:22 AM
ok well since this is tech supporot for the Wild Wings UXP this is probally the best place to ask this. Everything works fine and great (good job everyone) except one animal the meganura (spelling?) the icon in the purchase list is all black and when i go to place the animal it is invisible. If i click on the information for it it crashes the entire game with a C++ runtime error of some sort. I tried redownloading the pack and that didnt fix it and the only other user created objects i have are RSNs animals. So does anyone have this problem also or any idea on how to fix it?

Edit: forgot to say i have complete collection the purchased version  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 21 2004, 02:13 AM
Loewenfrau posted about this in the news thread. She fixed the problem and uploaded it, so if you download it again you will get the fixed files  

Posted by: zookeeper remco Jan. 21 2004, 01:41 PM
i doawnloaded wild wings and sad RSN there wod by a kind of insect and a pteranodon and more but the arent  

Posted by: Ultimatewarlord Jan. 21 2004, 02:37 PM
ok thank you very much you really helped  

Posted by: dinwrest Jan. 21 2004, 04:58 PM
where's the meganeura and where do you put the saurian thing and how do you get the new loading screen and icon?  

Posted by: Zoogrammy Jan. 21 2004, 05:43 PM
The Saurian thing is a font so you put it in your C drive under windows in fonts. I have yet to see how it is used though. I would love for someone to tell us.  

Posted by: Cherrypanther Jan. 21 2004, 07:01 PM
Well, hm - I downloaded the original version. It didn't work (at all nothing showed up). So I come on today and find out there's a fix - Of course I downloaded that and wow, it didn't work. Nothing, at all works. The only sign of it I have at all is that there is a 'sort by Wild Wings' option. (not that there is anything IN that category).

I put all the files into the update folder - and put the maps into the map folder and the Langfile into the main (zoo tycoon) folder. It just won't work.

Why doesn't it work? o.o
------------------------------------
yes I have all three zoo tycoons btw.

Posted by: Dark Helemet Jan. 21 2004, 09:05 PM
I too downloaded the fixed version. theonly thing i could load was the maps. i couldnt get the animals or objects to appear.  

Posted by: tracim28 Jan. 21 2004, 09:21 PM
I know this is a support thread but I downloaded wild wings and i love it  no problems at all.I dont have the intro screen but that doesnt matter to me I just wanted to let everyone know it worked for me.. Thank you

I have CC disk set  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 21 2004, 09:28 PM
Seems some have it working and some don't. Could everyone please also state what version of ZT they have as well when reporting it does work/doesn't work
ie: Zoo Tycoon with DD and MM expansions,
ZT Complete Collection, ZT with Marine mania expansion only etc

thanks  

Posted by: Neo_Exodus Jan. 21 2004, 10:08 PM
I Downloaded The Pack No Problem But When I Put All The Stuff In My Game It Showed A Bunch Of Christmas Stuff Like A Living Christmas Tree And An Ice Rink. What's Up With That?  

Posted by: trexrob Jan. 21 2004, 10:27 PM
yes how do you install wild wings?... thank you for your time  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 21 2004, 10:48 PM
@neo_exodus: There's no xmas stuff included in the WW pack so you must have gotten that from another download.

@trexrob : just put all ZTD files in your Updates or dlupdate folder and the DLL file in your main directory. The zoo files can be saved anywhere and loaded via the " open saved game" option in the main menue.

to everyone who doesn't get the animals appear please try putting the ZTDs into the dlupdates folder. That's where I put mine and I didn't have any problems with animals or objects when I tested and fixed them.
I'm also running the CC retail version.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 22 2004, 04:03 AM
I had a few PM 's and promised I would check it out - I had no problems installing the pack-
When you install all the files- a Wild Wings menu becomes available - you can click on that to go quickly to the animals/objects.

Here is a checklist if you are having trouble.

Make sure these files are in your updates folder (or dlupates if you have CC)
uiWW.ztd
WWanimals_finalfix.ztd
WWdev_finalfix.ztd
WWscenery_finalfix.ztd
WWshelterrockfinalfix.ztd

The following file is in your main zoo tycoon folder
langRSwildwings.dll

The following files can go in maps
crazy time.zoo
Particular breed.zoo
mountain camp.zoo

Note:
The html is a link to rsn site
the doc file - a readme (note the file names have changed)
the icon- you only need to use if you want to change your game icon
You can put the saurian file in C:/windows/fonts

If everyone having a problem could you please first check all the above files are in the correct folders, have checked if when in a freeform game they get the new drop down menu "Wild Wings" with the new items.

If you have the files in the correct place and still having problems, please post here explaining what the problem is and what Zoo Tycoon version you have.
We cannot help you unless we have all the information-  

Posted by: dinwrest Jan. 22 2004, 07:43 AM
I'm just about to see if the filter appears , but I'm still stuck on the icon thingy where do I put to it for it to work  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 22 2004, 07:49 AM
I'm just about to see if the filter appears ,  but I'm still stuck on the icon thingy where do I put to it for it to work

It does not matter where you put it- it is not needed by the game files- you can use it if in place of your current desktop zootycoon icon.

Right click on the icon you already use to start Zoo Tycoon on your desktop.
Choose properties, then Icons- navigate to where the new icon image is saved.
Apply the changes - then that it the new desktop icon to start your game,  

Posted by: Bovidaeloony Jan. 22 2004, 08:46 AM
I have Marine Mania and the downloaded Endangered Species pack.

About five or ten minutes into every game since I downloaded the pack, zoo tycoon crashes. What I'm doing seems to be irrelevant- placing animals, modifying terrain, clicking the menu to hire staff. I downloaded the original and then replaced it with the fixed version, but I'm still getting that blank animal. I also moved everything to the proper folder suggested in this thread. All the other downloaded animals I have are official. Any tips?  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 22 2004, 09:13 AM
try putting the files in the dlupdates folder.

also if youstill have that blank icon you don't have the fixed version.  

Posted by: Cherrypanther Jan. 22 2004, 10:59 AM
tsk. Okay I have
--------
Zoo Tycoon and Marine mania with Dinosaur Digs included.
--------
Okay then - I have all the files in the right folders - I get the drop down menu but nothing in them - Well at least nothing from the -pack-.
What I do get is objects from the christmas packs ... o.o
--------
I then tried puttin the .ztd files into my dlupdate folder - no change.
--------
I even tried the 'get new objects'. Nothing.
--------

I am guessing theres some type of conflict between the Xmas packs and the WWings =/ - But I cannot find the Xmas pack files to delete them and see...?  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 22 2004, 05:41 PM
ok I need to reinstall flamethrowers xmas pack to test this- since he made both the wild wings and xmas pack menu's - maybe they are conflicting.
I wont be able to test for about 10 hours so anyone else that can in the meantime - please post your results here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: casey Jan. 22 2004, 07:02 PM
The files for the xmas pack start with '03CExp....'  

Posted by: Bovidaeloony Jan. 23 2004, 09:08 AM
Thank you for your suggestions.

I deleted all the WW files and redownloaded the fixed pack. I reinstalled it in the folders suggested, and I'm still having the problem where the game crashes randomly after just a few minutes run-time. Am I going to have to reinstall Zoo Tycoon or is there something else I can try first?  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 23 2004, 09:28 AM
i did an extended test last night.
I was playing the WW in a new free form zoo and did not get any crashes.
I have the retail version of CC and the WW files are in the dlupdate folder. I do have some other user stuff but not much.

did you try a different map ? someone suggested that some maps have " bad spots" that can cause a crash when you put someting on it.
do you have other downloads too ? maybe you exceeded the max download limit. Try to removing everything else and just play with the WW.

also do you have the USA game version of MM ?

I'm sorry but that's all I can suggest for now.
If an uninstall and reinstall is not too much trouble you can try that too, of course but I doubt this will solve the problem. I suspect someting else in combination with the WW pack causes you the crash.

Posted by: chocolette Jan. 23 2004, 12:45 PM
I had some problems with the wwpack too but soon found out that it was due to my "draging skills". What I mean is that after unzipping the wwpack file I dragged the "langRSwildwings.dll" into the zoo tycoon folder (wher it should go) - unfortunately though it slipped into the subfolder 1028. All the other files I have in the dlupdates folder. After moving the dll file into the correct folder all the items became visible and everything works fine now. By the way I have the CC version.

a very simple problem and very embarrassing but maybe somebody else was let down by his or hers "mouse" and maybe you can solve the problem like this too.

chocolette

Posted by: Bovidaeloony Jan. 23 2004, 06:08 PM
It's not a download conflict- WW is the only download I have, I haven't even downloaded the invisible fence yet. The map I'm using is the basic small grass map that came with the original ZT. And yes, I have the original US version of MM. DD and ZT too, for that matter.

I'm going to have to try other maps, I haven't done that yet. I'll try, and reinstall it if that doesn't work.  I'll let you know what happens, in case it helps anyone else with the same problem. Thanks for all your help, as well.  

Posted by: Dragon Kitty Jan. 23 2004, 06:43 PM
It keeps saying that I can;t download "(insert name of file here)"

Server has been reset.

HELPPPP!!!!  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 23 2004, 09:38 PM
#dragonkitty - I just tried to download now and had no problems - maybe try again.

Regarding WW not working for those that do not own Complete COllection- I will have to test this myself, I have CC installed but will have to uninstall it and reinstall ZT with the expansions so it will take me a little while to do it.
I will report my findings here when done.  

Posted by: Bovidaeloony Jan. 24 2004, 12:51 AM
Arg. I thought it was going to work on the small city map, but then I adopted a phoenix and *poof*, all is gone again. I lasted a lot longer than the others, but still crashed. :/ I'm going to reinstall the whole game in the morning.

Thought I'd add, it was about five minutes after I add WW animals that he game crashes. This was a little longer, I think, becaus eI started out with a regular exhibit.  

Posted by: James 24 Jan. 24 2004, 08:30 AM
I just downloaded it and tested it. I have US version of MM and the ESTP installed and I tried most things quickly and had no problems with it.

Just so you know, I put the ztds in the updates folder and the lang in the main folder. Haven't installed the maps yet.  

Posted by: Dragon Kitty Jan. 24 2004, 09:39 AM
New problem:
The Aivary Cage shows up as an item on the decorations list, not a fence.
WHY???  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 24 2004, 09:46 AM
I dont see that as problem- thats just the way it was made. It is decoration- you need the invisible fence to use it properley.  

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 24 2004, 11:48 AM
Propably the mas dont work,becasue the files in it dont is updated.  

Posted by: photo53 Jan. 25 2004, 07:07 AM
Are there any plans to fix the minor bugs, such as the improper identifaction of prefered foilage in menu on many of the birds.  

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 25 2004, 11:06 AM
The description of the prefered foliage in the animal adoption menu?I´m cant change it.DOnt know how.Also,an another problem is the list of aniamls.User Created ones appear with habitat icon.  

Posted by: photo53 Jan. 25 2004, 12:59 PM
That's ok. They still are good. You did a very good job on them and it is appreciated.  

Posted by: dragonperson391 Jan. 25 2004, 02:56 PM
whenever I use WW scenery, the game crashes.  

Posted by: zttom Jan. 25 2004, 04:36 PM
Hi

Can someone give a step by step on how to to set up an exhibit. I read the file that came with the download.
Sorry, but I get confused on this stuff way to easy  
Thanks to the folks who put this pack together. It looks like it will be awesome.

Thanks

Tom  

Posted by: Kless Jan. 25 2004, 06:52 PM
I don't have langRSwildwings.dll .  

Posted by: wolftamer Jan. 25 2004, 07:01 PM
umm when i extracted mine and went to play checking the get new items just in case i needed to do something and then tried the game they didn't show i went back and think to my self do i need to click the items showing in the get new items area in ym zoo tycoon section to use them cause i really don't like winzip either

i have cc  

Posted by: Kentrosaurus Jan. 25 2004, 08:49 PM
New problem:
WHY???

That's the way it works. You have to put a real fence up, then you put the aviary cage around it to create the illusion they are in an aviary.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 25 2004, 09:19 PM

It would have been in the dowonload when you unzipped (the orange and green icon) it but here it is anyway

unzip it and place in main folder

Posted by: Kless Jan. 25 2004, 09:22 PM
I got it from flamethrower. The pack is now working.  Now I have to work on the unlock all stuff hack, its not working.  

Posted by: PegasusUnicornPhoenix Jan. 26 2004, 08:55 AM
I was wondering if the Wild Wings Pack can be install in the Zoo Tycoon MM or do you need the Zoo Tycoon CC. I only have the ZT MM I don't have the ZTCC. Please let me know soon.

Thanks  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 26 2004, 09:12 AM
James24 downloaded and tested it. He has Zoo Tycoon with the dino digs and marine mania expansions installed. He also has the endangered species pack installled.
He reported that the pack worked for him -

Hope that helps.

Posted by: Ztdinozaur Jan. 26 2004, 06:57 PM
I don't know if it's related to wild wings or not but at about the same time I downloaded it my game started to act funny. Everything is working great except that guests get stuck on the benches and tables. Do you know why this could be happening?

I have ZT, DD, MM, and the ESPack downloaded.  

Posted by: Necrotizing Spectre Jan. 26 2004, 08:22 PM
I can't tell ya, Ztdinosaur. But WW works for me. A big hand to all who helped out on WW!  

Posted by: Kentrosaurus Jan. 27 2004, 06:53 AM
umm when i extracted mine and went to play checking the get new items just in case i needed to do something and then tried the game they didn't show i went back and think to my self do i need to click the items showing in the get new items area in ym zoo tycoon section to use them cause i really don't like winzip either

i have cc

I can't understand what you're saying. How about using punctuation marks?

Did you unzip it or not? It has to be unzipped to appear in the game. But it's better if you just copy and paste the files to their correct directories rather than trying to use the Get New Items.  

Posted by: MinGraphics Jan. 28 2004, 01:50 AM
I'm sorry to say that it is crashing my game to, I have ZTCC and when I put it in the folders we were told to put them in it did not show up at all. I had to put them in the old update folder to even get them to show up in the game. I have no ideas on why....sorry!  

Posted by: sea monkey Jan. 28 2004, 07:52 PM
I love it i always wanted birds  
But I can't get the maps to show up . I put them in the maps folder . is that right?
are they supposed to show up in freeform?  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 28 2004, 08:55 PM
no, you open them via "open saved game" from the main menu and then navigate to where you saved the maps.  

Posted by: tigermjoe Jan. 28 2004, 09:26 PM
I downloaded the wwpack and the dll file, how do you put them together  
plaese help  

Posted by: Bigfoot Jan. 28 2004, 09:40 PM
You put the .ztd extensions in the Zoo Tycoon/Updates or Zoo Tycoon/dlupdate if you have CC. Put the .dll extensions in the main directory C:/program files/Microsoft Games/Zoo Tycoon.  

Posted by: Reptile315 Jan. 30 2004, 07:17 PM
the wwpack installed ok but after i put the items in a zoo,save and return to it it won't let me edit the zoo i made it says cant put objects outside zoo walls I have zoo dino marine i also have invis fence  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 30 2004, 09:56 PM
Hi, did you use some kind of map editor to make your zoo. You may have the entrance placed the wrong way around.  

Posted by: Ztdinozaur Jan. 31 2004, 10:41 AM
I did use the map editor...put would haveing it the wrong way effect all my zoos?  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 31 2004, 10:52 AM
yes it can if you try to change things that you should only so with the map editor.  

Posted by: Ztdinozaur Jan. 31 2004, 11:51 AM
I think I must have a download conflict because even after deleting all my zoos it still is glitching(people stuck on bench or table). Do you know of anything here that could cause this?  

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 31 2004, 12:04 PM
Maps dotn work,probably it is desatualized.The developer file in it is the old version.The ones of the pack is the updated version.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 31 2004, 12:15 PM
ok lots of reports of conflict. Rsn i not sure i understand what you mean by old deveoper version? Do you mean the version that used to be available here - Quebecs? and you need to use the new map editor Loewenfrau made?

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 31 2004, 12:22 PM
The question doint is : the maps of WW pack dont open?Right?The objects of developer iten of WW(Pickup,bird training center and motorctcle),is an update.The first version i´m submited dont show the icons.Loewenfrau sended me an PM for re-make the files with icons.But,she dont update the maps,and it dont open in game.I´m used the Zo oAdmin map editor to make the maps.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 31 2004, 12:30 PM
hmm i thought the questions was why no zoos work any longer- but anyway I may misunderstand. Changing your icons would not effect anything to my knowledge.
If the files in the pack are wrong can you please send correct ones to LOewenfrau or PM her about this to help everyone  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 31 2004, 02:41 PM
ok i see.

When RSN updated his "developer objects" ( motorcycle etc) he actually made them new from scratch so they have different APE numbers now than they had when he used them to include on his maps.
So those objetcs don't show on the maps anymore. He would have to redo the maps and put the "new" dev objects in.

But I don't see why this could cause the maps from not working. They simply just don't show the 3 objects anymore.  

Posted by: PegasusUnicornPhoenix Feb. 2 2004, 06:49 PM
I downloaded the Wild Wings Pack and I was wondering if the pegasus in the Wild Wings Pack stops flying or does it always fly.

Thanks  

Posted by: Jeox Feb. 8 2004, 08:19 PM
 how do you get wild wings into zoo tycoon i know how to put other stuff in but is there a special way of installing it?  

Posted by: pixel Feb. 8 2004, 08:52 PM
There is a wild wings thread in download support

I'll move this there.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Feb. 8 2004, 09:26 PM
I had a few PM 's and promised I would check it out - I had no problems installing the pack-
When you install all the files- a Wild Wings menu becomes available - you can click on that to go quickly to the animals/objects.

uiWW.ztd
WWanimals_finalfix.ztd
WWdev_finalfix.ztd
WWscenery_finalfix.ztd

langRSwildwings.dll

crazy time.zoo
Particular breed.zoo
mountain camp.zoo

Note:

If everyone having a problem could you please first check all the above files are in the correct folders, have checked if when in a freeform game they get the new drop down menu "Wild Wings" with the new items.

If you have the files in the correct place and still having problems, please post here explaining what the problem is and what Zoo Tycoon version you have.

There is also a readme with the download  

Posted by: Bovidaeloony Feb. 9 2004, 08:14 PM
I just thought I'd mention that for me and at least one other person, the pegasus and/or pheonix still makes our games crash. I reinstalled both ZT and the download multiple times and there's no solution yet. I thought I'd mention this in case it's something that can be fixed or prevented in the next additions. (Or something that can be fixed in the coding of the pegasus/phoenix? I don't know much about these things.)  

Posted by: ckgiggles Feb. 10 2004, 01:48 PM
i put the maps that go with WW and they have not shown up with my freeform map location

Posted by: Aussie Koala Feb. 10 2004, 07:03 PM
You need to open the maps like you do a saved game. Just navigate to the folder you put them in.

Posted by: Jaxomruth Feb. 11 2004, 09:30 PM
for some reason I'm having problems with WW pack. Every time I try to use it, it causes my game to crash. I don't have the complete collection but I do have Marina Mania, what is the problem?  

Posted by: zoomama Feb. 11 2004, 10:16 PM
There really is good info in this thread....read page 3 especially....if you don't have CC, make sure you are unzipping the files into Updates and that the .dll file is going into your ZT main folder - do you have a lot of user downloads? That could cause problems, but it could also be the map you are using - try playing on a different one and see if that helps.....make sure you read the posts - it could be a simple solution that you haven't thought of!  

Posted by: Jeox Feb. 11 2004, 10:28 PM
ok the stuff is in the game but it doesn't show up i happened to click on a guest and his favorite animal was a harpy eagle but no wild wings animals are in the game! the filter isnt there either please help!!  

Posted by: Jeox Feb. 11 2004, 11:17 PM
some of the scenery appears too(forgot to say)  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Feb. 11 2004, 11:28 PM
There is a couple posts on previous pages that show exactly what flienames you should have and where you should put them.
Please check you have all the files listed placed in correct place

Posted by: Jeox Feb. 13 2004, 06:41 PM
what exactaly is the "main" Zoo Tycoon folder.... and I still have everything in the game but it won't show up guests favorite animals are harpy eagle pheonix etc. and on the drop down menu where you choose what game version you want the stuff to be from it has a space like something should be there but, isn't. Itried clicking on it and nothing happens...  And when I display "all" on the drop down menu the Wild Wings stuff still doesn't show up still I did exactaly what it said to do on page 3 except the language thing in the main zt folder the file doen't appear when I downloaded it. I tried redownoading it yesterday and replaced all the files, but still nothing happens  Ive tried removing EVERY user created thing reinstalling the game BUT STILL NOTHING HAPPENS!!  
I have purchased ALL the versions of Zoo Tycoon.. PLEASE could someone help me  

Posted by: pixel Feb. 13 2004, 07:17 PM
If you installed to the default options your main Zoo Tycoon folder should be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon  

Posted by: Jeox Feb. 13 2004, 07:26 PM
But the language thing isn't in the download.....
It's probibaly the problem.

Posted by: Aussie Koala Feb. 13 2004, 10:05 PM
the dll is in the download, you probably missed it. It is also posted a few pages back- so just go download that file, unzip to the location Pixel gave above  

Posted by: Niebi Feb. 22 2004, 01:33 PM
ok..i have some major issues with the pack. Note that i use the german version of ZT (DD and MM installed).Most of the animals have a strange name, like ''longhelp(some numbers)'', and when my mouse hovers over the icon of one of the nests (looks like the ground one), the game crashes ! Help !!!  

Posted by: Necrotizing Spectre Feb. 22 2004, 09:44 PM
I don't get it. Under research and all that shpeil, it doesn't show the ZT ones!  What's up with that?  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Feb. 22 2004, 11:25 PM
Maybe you could ask R-s-n. You can send him a PM or ask him at his own site- you can find that in site ads

Posted by: fred Feb. 23 2004, 03:45 PM
What is the Bird Training Centre for?
Fred    

Posted by: Gazman01 Apr. 7 2004, 05:47 AM
Having downloaded this pack, I was pleased to discover that everything works just peachy (especially after reading all of the horror stories relating to it)!  

That is, apart from the fact that none of the birdies have any sound!!!???!!!  

Is this correct?

And, if not, HELLLLLLLLLLLP!!!  

Gazman01  

Posted by: Firstborn Dragon Apr. 20 2004, 09:42 PM
Hmm... Okay, just a minor issue, but..

Some of the birds seem to have invisible babies. I think one was/is the cownedcrain. Can't remeber the others I've seen it happen with.  

Posted by: Giginotosaurus1-11 May. 8 2004, 05:16 PM
why dose it need CC anyways  

Posted by: jonmc0603 Jul. 28 2004, 03:01 PM
Hey I cant get the wild wings pack to work on my computer:angry. Can someone help me? All i really want is the Phoenix anyway. Please help me!  

Posted by: cubonekid Aug. 28 2004, 09:10 PM
 same here  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Aug. 28 2004, 11:56 PM
QUOTE (Aussie Koala @ Jan 22 2004, 07:03 PM)

uiWW.ztd
WWanimals_finalfix.ztd
WWdev_finalfix.ztd
WWscenery_finalfix.ztd

langRSwildwings.dll

crazy time.zoo
Particular breed.zoo
mountain camp.zoo

Note:

Read the entire thread here and see if something someone suggests works for you  

Posted by: Purring Tiger Sep. 3 2004, 11:07 AM
I downloaded WW and in the game there is a drop-down menu labled Wild Wings but there is nothing in it. all the files are in the correct places. It was working and then I downloaded the X-mas and Wild Wings animals were replaced with X-mas stuff. I deleted the X-mas things and re-downloaded wild wings but now I can't get it to work.   HELP!!  

Posted by: noconaasa Sep. 4 2004, 10:24 AM
I have downloaded the Wild Wings pack and would really like to get an aviary built but i'm not sure how...What is the entrance for? Do people go in the aviary? I know i need the invisible fence, and then the cage walls, but is that all there is to it, or can you do more?  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Sep. 4 2004, 10:35 AM
Just use the invisible fence to make the exhibit! The invisible fence is all you need to keep the animals in the 'aviary'! But to make it a real looking aviary you can add those cage walls around the aviary! It is not needed to keep your animals in it, it is just for making it a real looking aviary!  

Posted by: Rotipher Sep. 8 2004, 09:20 PM
Guests won't enter the exhibit for real, but you can create a path through the area where you want the aviary to stand, then surround the path with one or more invisible-fence exhibits on either side. Box in the whole thing with aviary walls, stick aviary entrances at either end of the path (put one facing in and one facing out at each end), and roof it all over. Guests will look like they're walking through the aviary and will become happy when they enter and exit it, but they're not really moving through exhibits.

Note that when you design an aviary, it's best to plan ahead for where you'll be placing the roof sections. Each roof-piece covers nine squares, but only fills/occupies the middle square; that center square is walkable, but you can't place objects there. Make sure that you leave the middle square vacant of foliage, rocks, etc., for each 3 x 3 chunk of the aviary's interior, and try to keep ground-level the same for all these "footprint" squares or your roof won't be even.  

Posted by: Texgnome1 Sep. 8 2004, 11:29 PM
There's a very large thread that you can find here http://forums.ogresnet.com/zoo/index.php?s...ic=10086&st=105 for tech help with this pack. I will merge. Thanks!  

Posted by: That-Parbhu-Guy Nov. 25 2004, 02:35 AM
Hi i just downloaded the Wild Wings pack, Its great  

but no guests go into my avairy or are you just supposed to place the entrance on the invisble fence gate? and what is the bird training center for and how do you use it?

Thanks

Kiran/ That Parbhu Guy  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 25 2004, 02:36 AM
It's just scenery I believe.

Moving to Downloads Support btw.  

Posted by: That-Parbhu-Guy Nov. 25 2004, 02:52 AM
sorry for posting wrongly and what is just scenery? both, one  im unsure  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 25 2004, 03:29 AM
well, I know the aviary is just scenery.

Not sure about the bird training center.

If it's in the scenery (button with bench icon) list, then it's probably scenery.  

Posted by: Purring Tiger Nov. 25 2004, 07:41 PM
The avairy is just scenery, meaning that no one can go in it. If you put it around the cage, make sure you put the avairy entrance at the gate so zoo keepers will look like they are gong in the avairy.

As for the bird training center, i have no idea what it is for. I believe it is just scenery.  

Posted by: Rotipher Nov. 29 2004, 11:33 AM
If you want guests to enter an aviary-cage, you need to do a lot of planning first. Here's how I've done it:

1) Using the Guide (green post-rail fence) from the Invisible Fence pack, lay out *two* exhibits side by side. Their outer walls should form a rectangle or square, but their inner walls (3 spaces apart) should create a passage between the two, either straight or bendy. Make sure to count off squares as you do this, as you'll want the two exhibits' length and width, *including the path between them*, to be divisible by 3 for purposes of laying the roof. You can put the gates for the keepers anywhere BTW; it looks better if they have cage-entryways to enter through, but staff can walk through plain cage walls if they need to, just like they can walk through decorative fences.

2) Place a path along the middle of the passage between the two exhibits, making sure it doesn't directly abut either one. You can use any kind of path, but dirt, desert, or stepping-stone paths will give your "walkthrough" a more naturalistic look.

3) Select what specie(s) of birds you want to include in each side of your aviary-cage. You can use the same birds on each side (just remember they can't cross over to mate!), or assign a different species to each side. If you use different species, it'll look more plausible if they come from the same continent; there's lots of South American jungle birds which work well here. A good "starter aviary" might be scarlet macaws on one side and a mixed exhibit of blue macaws and conures on the other. You could even put monkeys from the Monkey Business pack on one side, since they need roofed-over exhibits IRL, too!

4) Create suitable exhibits for your chosen animals. Make sure to avoid putting foliage or rocks in the spaces that you'll be using for your roof pieces; if it's hard to keep track of which grid-squares those are, try temporarily marking the "forbidden" squares with Guide fence pieces, which don't cost anything and can be removed later. Most WW birds don't need conventional shelters, but if you're using animals that do (like monkeys), remember that a shelter's entrance can face a square you'll be laying a roof-piece on, because the roofs' anchor-squares are walkable.

5) Once your animals are settled into their new exhibits, replace the outer and inner Guide fence-pieces with invisible fencing appropriate to the terrain. This can get tricky if your path is bendy, so replace one fence section at a time until you're used to this technique. If you find you've made a mistake and it's too late to Undo it, you can locate out-of-place invisible fence sections by moving a (free) Guide fence section around the grid until it develops orange stripes, then clicking to replace the wayward invisible section with the (visible) Guide section, and finally demolishing the replacement fence piece.

6) In the area of your path -- which should still match the background terrain for the map you're using -- change the terrain to match the adjacent squares of your two exhibits. This will create the illusion that the path is inside one continuous exhibit, not weaving its way between two separate ones. Placing a few small rocks or bushes alongside the path enhances this impression, although you should also add signs and benches if it's a long walk through the aviary-cage. Don't put bushes, rocks, signs or benches in the squares where roof-pieces need to be 'anchored', although it's okay if the path crosses such squares.

7) Last but not least, surround the entire construction -- both exhibits *plus* the passage -- with one continuous box of aviary wall objects. Use corner-pieces only on the outer corners of the two exhibits; entryway-pieces should go at either end of the path between exhibits. Check that it looks like one huge exhibit with a path running through it, then cover it over with roofs.

Ta da! :-)

If all this seems a bit much, or if you only want to use one species, you can of course simplify this process, by making only one exhibit but putting a big alcove in one side. Lay a path that leads into, then out of, the alcove; decorate it so it looks like the alcove is also part of the exhibit; then wall in the whole thing with aviary-cage pieces, including entryways for the in-and-out path. I've done this not only for the white mynahs and snowy owls -- neither of which have other Wild Wings species to "share" an aviary cage with, since they're the only flying birds from their respective habitats -- but also for big brown bats from another user-created download.  

Posted by: Zirconia Wolf Dec. 9 2004, 02:41 PM
Wow- just when I thought it was safe to go back to ZT (been away for awhile), I find this Wild Wings pack, which managed to slip by me....

Quick question/request: I've downloaded (not yet installed) WW and EVERYTIME that I try to read the Instructions on Creating Aviarys, I get an annoying pop-up message telling me that "Runtime" is being asked to "terminate" it's "timming" in "an unusual way", so I was wondering if someone would explain/point me to a tread that briefly explains the finer points of Aviary construction? I've read through all the WW treads I've found so far, and have a general idea of the concept of the invisible fence/aviary "wall" deal, but am confused about the menchen of roof pieces. And the enterance thing sounds different too.

Any help/pointers would be GREAT!!!!

Thanks, Zirconia Wolf  

Posted by: Texgnome1 Dec. 9 2004, 11:59 PM
Here is the original thread for Wild Wings. I have merged them for your convenience. If you still can't find a fix for it, let us know.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 05:56:25 PM by Yellowrose »

sarah.louise

Wild Wings
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 09:27:04 AM »
Hi I would love to install wild wings but it just comes up "cannot open file is does not appear to be a valid file if downloaded trying dowloading file again" which i did and still no go HELP!!! PLEASE !!!!   :(

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Wild Wings
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 07:34:43 PM »
Hi sarah.  I just checked, and the file appears to be good.  When you download it, what program are you trying to use to open it?  There are several files inside, and those will have to be taken out of the .zip file and moved into the appropriate folders.  If you are on dial-up, it may be that the file is too large and something is causing it to not completely download.  Let me know.

sheps-05

Wild Wings
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 11:13:29 AM »
i downloaded wild wings but wat is the bird training center for as my people never seem to take a bird in there can u plz help me with this and my birds wont stay in the avoiry i built can u help plz :blink:

Offline Purring Tiger

• Marine Biologist
    • http://
Wild Wings
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 12:21:59 PM »
the bird training center is just a building.  Nobody seems to use it.  it's like scenery.

In order for the birds to stay in the aviary you have to use invisable fence and then cover it with aviary fencing. good luck. :D

sheps-05

Wild Wings
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 02:41:49 AM »
:lol: thnx 4 da help but wat about the door cood the guests still walk through there wiv a fence around it?
 :rolleyes:

amy101

Wild Wings
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 04:44:20 PM »
I just keep getting the christmas packO_o

jaylee

Wild Wings
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 09:42:17 PM »
Does the Wild Wings pack have 15 or 30 animals? I think I just got 15.

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Wild Wings
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »
My understanding is 26.  I will recheck the file as soon as I can though to be sure.

jaylee

Wild Wings
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 10:16:28 PM »
There is 26  :huh: my mistake.
Does Wild Wings have any scenerios?

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
Wild Wings
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 10:39:53 PM »
No scenaros sorry

jaylee

Wild Wings
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 06:46:47 AM »
think there's any chance there will be in the future?

Offline Coeur de lion

• Marine Biologist
    • http://
Wild Wings
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 06:51:48 AM »
Highly unlikely i would say, there are very few people who know how to do the programming for scenarios and some of those that do no longer make content reducing the numbers further

Offline lancey

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/zooluvin
Wild Wings
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 12:33:53 PM »
<_< i put all the other files in updates but couldnt paste the font thingy(what ever its for)in the windows fonts what is happaning as this seems to be a great exp and would like to install quickly thanks for eney help :)

:( somebody please help :(

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
Wild Wings
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 09:37:11 PM »

uiWW.ztd
WWanimals_finalfix.ztd
WWdev_finalfix.ztd
WWscenery_finalfix.ztd

langRSwildwings.dll

crazy time.zoo
Particular breed.zoo
mountain camp.zoo

Note:

You don't have to have the font for the pack to work.  Just make sure you have all of the above files - and check they all in right location.

Offline lancey

• Zookeeper
Wild Wings
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2005, 02:14:10 PM »
:D yyyaaaaayyy it worked thanks a.k :D

Offline lancey

• Zookeeper
Wild Wings
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2005, 12:07:07 PM »
ok then this only goes for people who have ww(wild wings expansion)installed on there computer NOTE: this will only work with the NON flying birds Peafowl,pelican etc first make your exibit

Offline lancey

• Zookeeper
Wild Wings
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2005, 12:10:03 PM »
next build a low fence exibit 1 square in like this

Offline lancey

• Zookeeper
Wild Wings
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2005, 12:14:36 PM »
next add your animals and make the exibit suitable NOTE:you will realize once in a while a bird will escape to reduce the risk of this you could surround the exibit with water or even make another lowfence exibit NOTE: make sure the zoo keepers are able to get to your exibit :)

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Wild Wings
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2005, 06:41:55 PM »
Hi Lancey, since this is such a big pack, I have gone ahead and merged your thread with this one.  Lots of the folks that have wild wings and look for help look here.  Thanks for the tips!

Offline lancey

• Zookeeper
Wild Wings
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 03:10:02 PM »
:approve ok tex nice idea i think thats true about people looking here :approve

lemur_lady

Wild Wings
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2005, 03:42:17 PM »
It won't work for me!  :(   :(   :angry

Offline lancey

• Zookeeper
Wild Wings
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2005, 06:11:13 PM »
:happy did you put all the files into the correct folders it took me  2 days to get right  :crazy

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
Wild Wings
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2005, 05:44:37 PM »
Posted by: Eagle One Jan. 6 2004, 12:19 AM
This will be the support thread for the Wild Wings UXP
please post your qustions here ?  

Posted by: CartmanDude Jan. 6 2004, 12:25 AM
Where is the wild wings uxp? i can't find it in the downloades section.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 6 2004, 12:56 AM
As Loewenfrau posted in the WW thread- it is going to take at least a couple of days. All the files have to be fixed- (there are approx 30 animals) plus an issue with the animations is being looked at before it can be released.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 9 2004, 05:25 AM
It is getting closer to being fixed

Those that are trying to post otherwise on other sites are just the usual trouble makers  

There is a lot to fix and everyone is doing their best with everything else they have to do here, I applaud them for spending the time to fix all the files RSN has submitted- and thank RSN for making stuff for the community too.

Special thanks to Devona (ZK Lounge) and Mngwa (Zoo Admin) again for all the help they contribute to this and of course Loewenfrau who has spent endless hours fixing everything  

Posted by: Spiderghost Jan. 10 2004, 07:37 PM
Good to hear AK  . Why cant people just keep their noses in their own business. Oh, well their just jealous anyway.  

Posted by: dragonperson391 Jan. 10 2004, 08:56 PM
I can't wait. how many days would you guess?  

Posted by: rightEyElash Jan. 11 2004, 12:43 AM
Is there a list of what animals will be available?  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 11 2004, 12:52 AM
You can check the wild wing thread in current projects for information on the animals-

there is a further delay with testing, sorry cannot give you any further news when it will be released.  

Posted by: JackHannahJr. Jan. 11 2004, 09:35 AM
I'm glad to hear that WW is almost fixed and ready to be released.  It's been a long time since R-s-n started on this project and I can't wait to see it.  

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 11 2004, 02:49 PM
The animals(26)is:
Mythy(2)
Phoenix
Pegasus
Pre-historic(1)
Meganeura
Zoo Tycoon and Marine Mania(23)
Common puffin
Indian peafowl
Andean condor
California condor
Golden conure
Scarlet macaw
Hyacinth macaw
Harpy eagle
Bald eagle
Hoatzin
Eastern brown pelican
Black swam
Single wattled cassowary
Crowned crane
Emu(bow is dimorphic)
Concave casqued hornibill
Toco toucan
Blue and gold macaw
Machurian crane(updated)
Bali minah
Shoebill stork
Sunbittern
Snow owl

The objects inlcude the AviaryCage b yCatfish and others,i´m dont remeber at this moment.  

Posted by: Spiderghost Jan. 11 2004, 02:53 PM
Wow that is quite a list.  That is the first I've seen of the complete list. no wonder it is taking awhile to check it over.
I'm happy to see the Toucan and condors in the list. Ahhh heck, I was glad to see all of them. Good job  

Posted by: JackHannahJr. Jan. 11 2004, 02:59 PM

Posted by: Spiderghost Jan. 11 2004, 03:02 PM

Yes, I'm anxious too. I want it to work correctly also.  

Posted by: dlugopets Jan. 16 2004, 10:16 PM
Sounds interesting. is it an expansion thing?

how do you keep them in the cages if they can fly?

is it magic?  
':saruman'  

Posted by: Crookshankz227 Jan. 17 2004, 08:22 AM
Animals fly out unless the fence is too short, but nothing can fly ove DD fences.
If you DL the aviary pack, then it will look like you have an aviary fence.  

Posted by: Sideshow_Bob Jan. 17 2004, 08:34 AM
But things like the peafowl can use normal fences?  

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 17 2004, 12:25 PM
Peafowls,hoatzins,sunbitterns,pelicans,swam,...these ones can put in normal fences.  

Posted by: JackHannahJr. Jan. 17 2004, 12:26 PM
I hope Loewenfrau releases it soon! She pmed me saying it would be up this weekend.  

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 17 2004, 12:29 PM
Yes.But need fiorst i´m correct htee developer itens.Also,is in my mind add other animal to the pack,an humming bird.  

Posted by: Bigfoot Jan. 20 2004, 10:51 PM
It is now out!!! Yeah!!!    

Posted by: Eagle One Jan. 20 2004, 11:59 PM
Yes it is and the Staff here at zoo admin did a great job on it Thanks RSN Loewenfrau, and all the other staff members that help in bring this out  

Posted by: PegasusUnicornPhoenix Jan. 21 2004, 12:13 AM
I was wondering if the Wild Wings pack will be Compatibility with all games versions or is it compatibility with the ZTCC. Please let me.

Thanks

Posted by: Ultimatewarlord Jan. 21 2004, 01:22 AM
ok well since this is tech supporot for the Wild Wings UXP this is probally the best place to ask this. Everything works fine and great (good job everyone) except one animal the meganura (spelling?) the icon in the purchase list is all black and when i go to place the animal it is invisible. If i click on the information for it it crashes the entire game with a C++ runtime error of some sort. I tried redownloading the pack and that didnt fix it and the only other user created objects i have are RSNs animals. So does anyone have this problem also or any idea on how to fix it?

Edit: forgot to say i have complete collection the purchased version  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 21 2004, 02:13 AM
Loewenfrau posted about this in the news thread. She fixed the problem and uploaded it, so if you download it again you will get the fixed files  

Posted by: zookeeper remco Jan. 21 2004, 01:41 PM
i doawnloaded wild wings and sad RSN there wod by a kind of insect and a pteranodon and more but the arent  

Posted by: Ultimatewarlord Jan. 21 2004, 02:37 PM
ok thank you very much you really helped  

Posted by: dinwrest Jan. 21 2004, 04:58 PM
where's the meganeura and where do you put the saurian thing and how do you get the new loading screen and icon?  

Posted by: Zoogrammy Jan. 21 2004, 05:43 PM
The Saurian thing is a font so you put it in your C drive under windows in fonts. I have yet to see how it is used though. I would love for someone to tell us.  

Posted by: Cherrypanther Jan. 21 2004, 07:01 PM
Well, hm - I downloaded the original version. It didn't work (at all nothing showed up). So I come on today and find out there's a fix - Of course I downloaded that and wow, it didn't work. Nothing, at all works. The only sign of it I have at all is that there is a 'sort by Wild Wings' option. (not that there is anything IN that category).

I put all the files into the update folder - and put the maps into the map folder and the Langfile into the main (zoo tycoon) folder. It just won't work.

Why doesn't it work? o.o
------------------------------------
yes I have all three zoo tycoons btw.

Posted by: Dark Helemet Jan. 21 2004, 09:05 PM
I too downloaded the fixed version. theonly thing i could load was the maps. i couldnt get the animals or objects to appear.  

Posted by: tracim28 Jan. 21 2004, 09:21 PM
I know this is a support thread but I downloaded wild wings and i love it  no problems at all.I dont have the intro screen but that doesnt matter to me I just wanted to let everyone know it worked for me.. Thank you

I have CC disk set  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 21 2004, 09:28 PM
Seems some have it working and some don't. Could everyone please also state what version of ZT they have as well when reporting it does work/doesn't work
ie: Zoo Tycoon with DD and MM expansions,
ZT Complete Collection, ZT with Marine mania expansion only etc

thanks  

Posted by: Neo_Exodus Jan. 21 2004, 10:08 PM
I Downloaded The Pack No Problem But When I Put All The Stuff In My Game It Showed A Bunch Of Christmas Stuff Like A Living Christmas Tree And An Ice Rink. What's Up With That?  

Posted by: trexrob Jan. 21 2004, 10:27 PM
yes how do you install wild wings?... thank you for your time  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 21 2004, 10:48 PM
@neo_exodus: There's no xmas stuff included in the WW pack so you must have gotten that from another download.

@trexrob : just put all ZTD files in your Updates or dlupdate folder and the DLL file in your main directory. The zoo files can be saved anywhere and loaded via the " open saved game" option in the main menue.

to everyone who doesn't get the animals appear please try putting the ZTDs into the dlupdates folder. That's where I put mine and I didn't have any problems with animals or objects when I tested and fixed them.
I'm also running the CC retail version.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 22 2004, 04:03 AM

uiWW.ztd
WWanimals_finalfix.ztd
WWdev_finalfix.ztd
WWscenery_finalfix.ztd

langRSwildwings.dll

crazy time.zoo
Particular breed.zoo
mountain camp.zoo

Note:

Posted by: dinwrest Jan. 22 2004, 07:43 AM
I'm just about to see if the filter appears , but I'm still stuck on the icon thingy where do I put to it for it to work  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 22 2004, 07:49 AM
I'm just about to see if the filter appears ,  but I'm still stuck on the icon thingy where do I put to it for it to work

It does not matter where you put it- it is not needed by the game files- you can use it if in place of your current desktop zootycoon icon.

Right click on the icon you already use to start Zoo Tycoon on your desktop.
Choose properties, then Icons- navigate to where the new icon image is saved.
Apply the changes - then that it the new desktop icon to start your game,  

Posted by: Bovidaeloony Jan. 22 2004, 08:46 AM
I have Marine Mania and the downloaded Endangered Species pack.

About five or ten minutes into every game since I downloaded the pack, zoo tycoon crashes. What I'm doing seems to be irrelevant- placing animals, modifying terrain, clicking the menu to hire staff. I downloaded the original and then replaced it with the fixed version, but I'm still getting that blank animal. I also moved everything to the proper folder suggested in this thread. All the other downloaded animals I have are official. Any tips?  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 22 2004, 09:13 AM
try putting the files in the dlupdates folder.

also if youstill have that blank icon you don't have the fixed version.  

Posted by: Cherrypanther Jan. 22 2004, 10:59 AM
tsk. Okay I have
--------
Zoo Tycoon and Marine mania with Dinosaur Digs included.
--------
Okay then - I have all the files in the right folders - I get the drop down menu but nothing in them - Well at least nothing from the -pack-.
What I do get is objects from the christmas packs ... o.o
--------
I then tried puttin the .ztd files into my dlupdate folder - no change.
--------
I even tried the 'get new objects'. Nothing.
--------

I am guessing theres some type of conflict between the Xmas packs and the WWings =/ - But I cannot find the Xmas pack files to delete them and see...?  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 22 2004, 05:41 PM
ok I need to reinstall flamethrowers xmas pack to test this- since he made both the wild wings and xmas pack menu's - maybe they are conflicting.
I wont be able to test for about 10 hours so anyone else that can in the meantime - please post your results here.

Posted by: casey Jan. 22 2004, 07:02 PM
The files for the xmas pack start with '03CExp....'  

Posted by: Bovidaeloony Jan. 23 2004, 09:08 AM
Thank you for your suggestions.

I deleted all the WW files and redownloaded the fixed pack. I reinstalled it in the folders suggested, and I'm still having the problem where the game crashes randomly after just a few minutes run-time. Am I going to have to reinstall Zoo Tycoon or is there something else I can try first?  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 23 2004, 09:28 AM
i did an extended test last night.
I was playing the WW in a new free form zoo and did not get any crashes.
I have the retail version of CC and the WW files are in the dlupdate folder. I do have some other user stuff but not much.

did you try a different map ? someone suggested that some maps have " bad spots" that can cause a crash when you put someting on it.
do you have other downloads too ? maybe you exceeded the max download limit. Try to removing everything else and just play with the WW.

also do you have the USA game version of MM ?

I'm sorry but that's all I can suggest for now.
If an uninstall and reinstall is not too much trouble you can try that too, of course but I doubt this will solve the problem. I suspect someting else in combination with the WW pack causes you the crash.

Posted by: chocolette Jan. 23 2004, 12:45 PM
I had some problems with the wwpack too but soon found out that it was due to my "draging skills". What I mean is that after unzipping the wwpack file I dragged the "langRSwildwings.dll" into the zoo tycoon folder (wher it should go) - unfortunately though it slipped into the subfolder 1028. All the other files I have in the dlupdates folder. After moving the dll file into the correct folder all the items became visible and everything works fine now. By the way I have the CC version.

a very simple problem and very embarrassing but maybe somebody else was let down by his or hers "mouse" and maybe you can solve the problem like this too.

chocolette

Posted by: Bovidaeloony Jan. 23 2004, 06:08 PM
It's not a download conflict- WW is the only download I have, I haven't even downloaded the invisible fence yet. The map I'm using is the basic small grass map that came with the original ZT. And yes, I have the original US version of MM. DD and ZT too, for that matter.

I'm going to have to try other maps, I haven't done that yet. I'll try, and reinstall it if that doesn't work.  I'll let you know what happens, in case it helps anyone else with the same problem. Thanks for all your help, as well.  

Posted by: Dragon Kitty Jan. 23 2004, 06:43 PM
It keeps saying that I can;t download "(insert name of file here)"

Server has been reset.

HELPPPP!!!!  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 23 2004, 09:38 PM
#dragonkitty - I just tried to download now and had no problems - maybe try again.

Regarding WW not working for those that do not own Complete COllection- I will have to test this myself, I have CC installed but will have to uninstall it and reinstall ZT with the expansions so it will take me a little while to do it.
I will report my findings here when done.  

Posted by: Bovidaeloony Jan. 24 2004, 12:51 AM
Arg. I thought it was going to work on the small city map, but then I adopted a phoenix and *poof*, all is gone again. I lasted a lot longer than the others, but still crashed. :/ I'm going to reinstall the whole game in the morning.

Thought I'd add, it was about five minutes after I add WW animals that he game crashes. This was a little longer, I think, becaus eI started out with a regular exhibit.  

Posted by: James 24 Jan. 24 2004, 08:30 AM
I just downloaded it and tested it. I have US version of MM and the ESTP installed and I tried most things quickly and had no problems with it.

Just so you know, I put the ztds in the updates folder and the lang in the main folder. Haven't installed the maps yet.  

Posted by: Dragon Kitty Jan. 24 2004, 09:39 AM
New problem:
WHY???  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 24 2004, 09:46 AM
I dont see that as problem- thats just the way it was made. It is decoration- you need the invisible fence to use it properley.  

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 24 2004, 11:48 AM
Propably the mas dont work,becasue the files in it dont is updated.  

Posted by: photo53 Jan. 25 2004, 07:07 AM
Are there any plans to fix the minor bugs, such as the improper identifaction of prefered foilage in menu on many of the birds.  

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 25 2004, 11:06 AM
The description of the prefered foliage in the animal adoption menu?I´m cant change it.DOnt know how.Also,an another problem is the list of aniamls.User Created ones appear with habitat icon.  

Posted by: photo53 Jan. 25 2004, 12:59 PM
That's ok. They still are good. You did a very good job on them and it is appreciated.  

Posted by: dragonperson391 Jan. 25 2004, 02:56 PM
whenever I use WW scenery, the game crashes.  

Posted by: zttom Jan. 25 2004, 04:36 PM
Hi

Can someone give a step by step on how to to set up an exhibit. I read the file that came with the download.
Sorry, but I get confused on this stuff way to easy  
Thanks to the folks who put this pack together. It looks like it will be awesome.

Thanks

Tom  

Posted by: Kless Jan. 25 2004, 06:52 PM

Posted by: wolftamer Jan. 25 2004, 07:01 PM

i have cc  

Posted by: Kentrosaurus Jan. 25 2004, 08:49 PM
New problem:
WHY???

That's the way it works. You have to put a real fence up, then you put the aviary cage around it to create the illusion they are in an aviary.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 25 2004, 09:19 PM

It would have been in the dowonload when you unzipped (the orange and green icon) it but here it is anyway

unzip it and place in main folder

Posted by: Kless Jan. 25 2004, 09:22 PM
I got it from flamethrower. The pack is now working.  Now I have to work on the unlock all stuff hack, its not working.  

Posted by: PegasusUnicornPhoenix Jan. 26 2004, 08:55 AM
I was wondering if the Wild Wings Pack can be install in the Zoo Tycoon MM or do you need the Zoo Tycoon CC. I only have the ZT MM I don't have the ZTCC. Please let me know soon.

Thanks  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 26 2004, 09:12 AM
James24 downloaded and tested it. He has Zoo Tycoon with the dino digs and marine mania expansions installed. He also has the endangered species pack installled.
He reported that the pack worked for him -

Hope that helps.

Posted by: Ztdinozaur Jan. 26 2004, 06:57 PM
I don't know if it's related to wild wings or not but at about the same time I downloaded it my game started to act funny. Everything is working great except that guests get stuck on the benches and tables. Do you know why this could be happening?

I have ZT, DD, MM, and the ESPack downloaded.  

Posted by: Necrotizing Spectre Jan. 26 2004, 08:22 PM
I can't tell ya, Ztdinosaur. But WW works for me. A big hand to all who helped out on WW!  

Posted by: Kentrosaurus Jan. 27 2004, 06:53 AM

i have cc

I can't understand what you're saying. How about using punctuation marks?

Did you unzip it or not? It has to be unzipped to appear in the game. But it's better if you just copy and paste the files to their correct directories rather than trying to use the Get New Items.  

Posted by: MinGraphics Jan. 28 2004, 01:50 AM
I'm sorry to say that it is crashing my game to, I have ZTCC and when I put it in the folders we were told to put them in it did not show up at all. I had to put them in the old update folder to even get them to show up in the game. I have no ideas on why....sorry!  

Posted by: sea monkey Jan. 28 2004, 07:52 PM
I love it i always wanted birds  
But I can't get the maps to show up . I put them in the maps folder . is that right?
are they supposed to show up in freeform?  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 28 2004, 08:55 PM
no, you open them via "open saved game" from the main menu and then navigate to where you saved the maps.  

Posted by: tigermjoe Jan. 28 2004, 09:26 PM
I downloaded the wwpack and the dll file, how do you put them together  
plaese help  

Posted by: Bigfoot Jan. 28 2004, 09:40 PM
You put the .ztd extensions in the Zoo Tycoon/Updates or Zoo Tycoon/dlupdate if you have CC. Put the .dll extensions in the main directory C:/program files/Microsoft Games/Zoo Tycoon.  

Posted by: Reptile315 Jan. 30 2004, 07:17 PM
the wwpack installed ok but after i put the items in a zoo,save and return to it it won't let me edit the zoo i made it says cant put objects outside zoo walls I have zoo dino marine i also have invis fence  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 30 2004, 09:56 PM
Hi, did you use some kind of map editor to make your zoo. You may have the entrance placed the wrong way around.  

Posted by: Ztdinozaur Jan. 31 2004, 10:41 AM
I did use the map editor...put would haveing it the wrong way effect all my zoos?  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 31 2004, 10:52 AM
yes it can if you try to change things that you should only so with the map editor.  

Posted by: Ztdinozaur Jan. 31 2004, 11:51 AM
I think I must have a download conflict because even after deleting all my zoos it still is glitching(people stuck on bench or table). Do you know of anything here that could cause this?  

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 31 2004, 12:04 PM
Maps dotn work,probably it is desatualized.The developer file in it is the old version.The ones of the pack is the updated version.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 31 2004, 12:15 PM
ok lots of reports of conflict. Rsn i not sure i understand what you mean by old deveoper version? Do you mean the version that used to be available here - Quebecs? and you need to use the new map editor Loewenfrau made?

Posted by: R-s-n Jan. 31 2004, 12:22 PM
The question doint is : the maps of WW pack dont open?Right?The objects of developer iten of WW(Pickup,bird training center and motorctcle),is an update.The first version i´m submited dont show the icons.Loewenfrau sended me an PM for re-make the files with icons.But,she dont update the maps,and it dont open in game.I´m used the Zo oAdmin map editor to make the maps.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 31 2004, 12:30 PM
hmm i thought the questions was why no zoos work any longer- but anyway I may misunderstand. Changing your icons would not effect anything to my knowledge.
If the files in the pack are wrong can you please send correct ones to LOewenfrau or PM her about this to help everyone  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 31 2004, 02:41 PM
ok i see.

When RSN updated his "developer objects" ( motorcycle etc) he actually made them new from scratch so they have different APE numbers now than they had when he used them to include on his maps.
So those objetcs don't show on the maps anymore. He would have to redo the maps and put the "new" dev objects in.

But I don't see why this could cause the maps from not working. They simply just don't show the 3 objects anymore.  

Posted by: PegasusUnicornPhoenix Feb. 2 2004, 06:49 PM
I downloaded the Wild Wings Pack and I was wondering if the pegasus in the Wild Wings Pack stops flying or does it always fly.

Thanks  

Posted by: Jeox Feb. 8 2004, 08:19 PM
 how do you get wild wings into zoo tycoon i know how to put other stuff in but is there a special way of installing it?  

Posted by: pixel Feb. 8 2004, 08:52 PM
There is a wild wings thread in download support

I'll move this there.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Feb. 8 2004, 09:26 PM

uiWW.ztd
WWanimals_finalfix.ztd
WWdev_finalfix.ztd
WWscenery_finalfix.ztd

langRSwildwings.dll

crazy time.zoo
Particular breed.zoo
mountain camp.zoo

Note:

There is also a readme with the download  

Posted by: Bovidaeloony Feb. 9 2004, 08:14 PM
I just thought I'd mention that for me and at least one other person, the pegasus and/or pheonix still makes our games crash. I reinstalled both ZT and the download multiple times and there's no solution yet. I thought I'd mention this in case it's something that can be fixed or prevented in the next additions. (Or something that can be fixed in the coding of the pegasus/phoenix? I don't know much about these things.)  

Posted by: ckgiggles Feb. 10 2004, 01:48 PM
i put the maps that go with WW and they have not shown up with my freeform map location

Posted by: Aussie Koala Feb. 10 2004, 07:03 PM
You need to open the maps like you do a saved game. Just navigate to the folder you put them in.

Posted by: Jaxomruth Feb. 11 2004, 09:30 PM
for some reason I'm having problems with WW pack. Every time I try to use it, it causes my game to crash. I don't have the complete collection but I do have Marina Mania, what is the problem?  

Posted by: zoomama Feb. 11 2004, 10:16 PM
There really is good info in this thread....read page 3 especially....if you don't have CC, make sure you are unzipping the files into Updates and that the .dll file is going into your ZT main folder - do you have a lot of user downloads? That could cause problems, but it could also be the map you are using - try playing on a different one and see if that helps.....make sure you read the posts - it could be a simple solution that you haven't thought of!  

Posted by: Jeox Feb. 11 2004, 10:28 PM
ok the stuff is in the game but it doesn't show up i happened to click on a guest and his favorite animal was a harpy eagle but no wild wings animals are in the game! the filter isnt there either please help!!  

Posted by: Jeox Feb. 11 2004, 11:17 PM
some of the scenery appears too(forgot to say)  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Feb. 11 2004, 11:28 PM
There is a couple posts on previous pages that show exactly what flienames you should have and where you should put them.
Please check you have all the files listed placed in correct place

Posted by: Jeox Feb. 13 2004, 06:41 PM
what exactaly is the "main" Zoo Tycoon folder.... and I still have everything in the game but it won't show up guests favorite animals are harpy eagle pheonix etc. and on the drop down menu where you choose what game version you want the stuff to be from it has a space like something should be there but, isn't. Itried clicking on it and nothing happens...  And when I display "all" on the drop down menu the Wild Wings stuff still doesn't show up still I did exactaly what it said to do on page 3 except the language thing in the main zt folder the file doen't appear when I downloaded it. I tried redownoading it yesterday and replaced all the files, but still nothing happens  Ive tried removing EVERY user created thing reinstalling the game BUT STILL NOTHING HAPPENS!!  
I have purchased ALL the versions of Zoo Tycoon.. PLEASE could someone help me  

Posted by: pixel Feb. 13 2004, 07:17 PM
If you installed to the default options your main Zoo Tycoon folder should be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon  

Posted by: Jeox Feb. 13 2004, 07:26 PM
But the language thing isn't in the download.....
It's probibaly the problem.

Posted by: Aussie Koala Feb. 13 2004, 10:05 PM
the dll is in the download, you probably missed it. It is also posted a few pages back- so just go download that file, unzip to the location Pixel gave above  

Posted by: Niebi Feb. 22 2004, 01:33 PM
ok..i have some major issues with the pack. Note that i use the german version of ZT (DD and MM installed).Most of the animals have a strange name, like ''longhelp(some numbers)'', and when my mouse hovers over the icon of one of the nests (looks like the ground one), the game crashes ! Help !!!  

Posted by: Necrotizing Spectre Feb. 22 2004, 09:44 PM
I don't get it. Under research and all that shpeil, it doesn't show the ZT ones!  What's up with that?  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Feb. 22 2004, 11:25 PM
Maybe you could ask R-s-n. You can send him a PM or ask him at his own site- you can find that in site ads

Posted by: fred Feb. 23 2004, 03:45 PM
What is the Bird Training Centre for?
Fred    

Posted by: Gazman01 Apr. 7 2004, 05:47 AM
Having downloaded this pack, I was pleased to discover that everything works just peachy (especially after reading all of the horror stories relating to it)!  

That is, apart from the fact that none of the birdies have any sound!!!???!!!  

Is this correct?

And, if not, HELLLLLLLLLLLP!!!  

Gazman01  

Posted by: Firstborn Dragon Apr. 20 2004, 09:42 PM
Hmm... Okay, just a minor issue, but..

Some of the birds seem to have invisible babies. I think one was/is the cownedcrain. Can't remeber the others I've seen it happen with.  

Posted by: Giginotosaurus1-11 May. 8 2004, 05:16 PM
why dose it need CC anyways  

Posted by: jonmc0603 Jul. 28 2004, 03:01 PM
Hey I cant get the wild wings pack to work on my computer:angry. Can someone help me? All i really want is the Phoenix anyway. Please help me!  

Posted by: cubonekid Aug. 28 2004, 09:10 PM
 same here  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Aug. 28 2004, 11:56 PM
QUOTE (Aussie Koala @ Jan 22 2004, 07:03 PM)

uiWW.ztd
WWanimals_finalfix.ztd
WWdev_finalfix.ztd
WWscenery_finalfix.ztd

langRSwildwings.dll

crazy time.zoo
Particular breed.zoo
mountain camp.zoo

Note:

Read the entire thread here and see if something someone suggests works for you  

Posted by: Purring Tiger Sep. 3 2004, 11:07 AM
I downloaded WW and in the game there is a drop-down menu labled Wild Wings but there is nothing in it. all the files are in the correct places. It was working and then I downloaded the X-mas and Wild Wings animals were replaced with X-mas stuff. I deleted the X-mas things and re-downloaded wild wings but now I can't get it to work.   HELP!!  

Posted by: noconaasa Sep. 4 2004, 10:24 AM
I have downloaded the Wild Wings pack and would really like to get an aviary built but i'm not sure how...What is the entrance for? Do people go in the aviary? I know i need the invisible fence, and then the cage walls, but is that all there is to it, or can you do more?  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Sep. 4 2004, 10:35 AM
Just use the invisible fence to make the exhibit! The invisible fence is all you need to keep the animals in the 'aviary'! But to make it a real looking aviary you can add those cage walls around the aviary! It is not needed to keep your animals in it, it is just for making it a real looking aviary!  

Posted by: Rotipher Sep. 8 2004, 09:20 PM
Guests won't enter the exhibit for real, but you can create a path through the area where you want the aviary to stand, then surround the path with one or more invisible-fence exhibits on either side. Box in the whole thing with aviary walls, stick aviary entrances at either end of the path (put one facing in and one facing out at each end), and roof it all over. Guests will look like they're walking through the aviary and will become happy when they enter and exit it, but they're not really moving through exhibits.

Note that when you design an aviary, it's best to plan ahead for where you'll be placing the roof sections. Each roof-piece covers nine squares, but only fills/occupies the middle square; that center square is walkable, but you can't place objects there. Make sure that you leave the middle square vacant of foliage, rocks, etc., for each 3 x 3 chunk of the aviary's interior, and try to keep ground-level the same for all these "footprint" squares or your roof won't be even.  

Posted by: Texgnome1 Sep. 8 2004, 11:29 PM
There's a very large thread that you can find here http://forums.ogresnet.com/zoo/index.php?s...ic=10086&st=105 for tech help with this pack. I will merge. Thanks!  

Posted by: That-Parbhu-Guy Nov. 25 2004, 02:35 AM
Hi i just downloaded the Wild Wings pack, Its great  

but no guests go into my avairy or are you just supposed to place the entrance on the invisble fence gate? and what is the bird training center for and how do you use it?

Thanks

Kiran/ That Parbhu Guy  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 25 2004, 02:36 AM
It's just scenery I believe.

Moving to Downloads Support btw.  

Posted by: That-Parbhu-Guy Nov. 25 2004, 02:52 AM
sorry for posting wrongly and what is just scenery? both, one  im unsure  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 25 2004, 03:29 AM
well, I know the aviary is just scenery.

Not sure about the bird training center.

If it's in the scenery (button with bench icon) list, then it's probably scenery.  

Posted by: Purring Tiger Nov. 25 2004, 07:41 PM
The avairy is just scenery, meaning that no one can go in it. If you put it around the cage, make sure you put the avairy entrance at the gate so zoo keepers will look like they are gong in the avairy.

As for the bird training center, i have no idea what it is for. I believe it is just scenery.  

Posted by: Rotipher Nov. 29 2004, 11:33 AM
If you want guests to enter an aviary-cage, you need to do a lot of planning first. Here's how I've done it:

1) Using the Guide (green post-rail fence) from the Invisible Fence pack, lay out *two* exhibits side by side. Their outer walls should form a rectangle or square, but their inner walls (3 spaces apart) should create a passage between the two, either straight or bendy. Make sure to count off squares as you do this, as you'll want the two exhibits' length and width, *including the path between them*, to be divisible by 3 for purposes of laying the roof. You can put the gates for the keepers anywhere BTW; it looks better if they have cage-entryways to enter through, but staff can walk through plain cage walls if they need to, just like they can walk through decorative fences.

2) Place a path along the middle of the passage between the two exhibits, making sure it doesn't directly abut either one. You can use any kind of path, but dirt, desert, or stepping-stone paths will give your "walkthrough" a more naturalistic look.

3) Select what specie(s) of birds you want to include in each side of your aviary-cage. You can use the same birds on each side (just remember they can't cross over to mate!), or assign a different species to each side. If you use different species, it'll look more plausible if they come from the same continent; there's lots of South American jungle birds which work well here. A good "starter aviary" might be scarlet macaws on one side and a mixed exhibit of blue macaws and conures on the other. You could even put monkeys from the Monkey Business pack on one side, since they need roofed-over exhibits IRL, too!

4) Create suitable exhibits for your chosen animals. Make sure to avoid putting foliage or rocks in the spaces that you'll be using for your roof pieces; if it's hard to keep track of which grid-squares those are, try temporarily marking the "forbidden" squares with Guide fence pieces, which don't cost anything and can be removed later. Most WW birds don't need conventional shelters, but if you're using animals that do (like monkeys), remember that a shelter's entrance can face a square you'll be laying a roof-piece on, because the roofs' anchor-squares are walkable.

5) Once your animals are settled into their new exhibits, replace the outer and inner Guide fence-pieces with invisible fencing appropriate to the terrain. This can get tricky if your path is bendy, so replace one fence section at a time until you're used to this technique. If you find you've made a mistake and it's too late to Undo it, you can locate out-of-place invisible fence sections by moving a (free) Guide fence section around the grid until it develops orange stripes, then clicking to replace the wayward invisible section with the (visible) Guide section, and finally demolishing the replacement fence piece.

6) In the area of your path -- which should still match the background terrain for the map you're using -- change the terrain to match the adjacent squares of your two exhibits. This will create the illusion that the path is inside one continuous exhibit, not weaving its way between two separate ones. Placing a few small rocks or bushes alongside the path enhances this impression, although you should also add signs and benches if it's a long walk through the aviary-cage. Don't put bushes, rocks, signs or benches in the squares where roof-pieces need to be 'anchored', although it's okay if the path crosses such squares.

7) Last but not least, surround the entire construction -- both exhibits *plus* the passage -- with one continuous box of aviary wall objects. Use corner-pieces only on the outer corners of the two exhibits; entryway-pieces should go at either end of the path between exhibits. Check that it looks like one huge exhibit with a path running through it, then cover it over with roofs.

Ta da! :-)

If all this seems a bit much, or if you only want to use one species, you can of course simplify this process, by making only one exhibit but putting a big alcove in one side. Lay a path that leads into, then out of, the alcove; decorate it so it looks like the alcove is also part of the exhibit; then wall in the whole thing with aviary-cage pieces, including entryways for the in-and-out path. I've done this not only for the white mynahs and snowy owls -- neither of which have other Wild Wings species to "share" an aviary cage with, since they're the only flying birds from their respective habitats -- but also for big brown bats from another user-created download.  

Posted by: Zirconia Wolf Dec. 9 2004, 02:41 PM
Wow- just when I thought it was safe to go back to ZT (been away for awhile), I find this Wild Wings pack, which managed to slip by me....

Quick question/request: I've downloaded (not yet installed) WW and EVERYTIME that I try to read the Instructions on Creating Aviarys, I get an annoying pop-up message telling me that "Runtime" is being asked to "terminate" it's "timming" in "an unusual way", so I was wondering if someone would explain/point me to a tread that briefly explains the finer points of Aviary construction? I've read through all the WW treads I've found so far, and have a general idea of the concept of the invisible fence/aviary "wall" deal, but am confused about the menchen of roof pieces. And the enterance thing sounds different too.

Any help/pointers would be GREAT!!!!

Thanks, Zirconia Wolf  

Posted by: Texgnome1 Dec. 9 2004, 11:59 PM
Here is the original thread for Wild Wings. I have merged them for your convenience. If you still can't find a fix for it, let us know.

sarah.louise

Wild Wings
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2005, 09:27:04 AM »
Hi I would love to install wild wings but it just comes up "cannot open file is does not appear to be a valid file if downloaded trying dowloading file again" which i did and still no go HELP!!! PLEASE !!!!   :(