Author Topic: Game crashing when using downloads  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Vikki

• Pooper Scooper
Game crashing when using downloads
« on: February 13, 2007, 07:03:30 AM »
I've recently had to reinstall ZT1 and even though I can put the downloads into the game, when I use them (scenery, and buildings) some will crash my game and some won't. The most recent I tried are the rainforest house, victorian collection, and yellowrose full tile flowers all crash it. What makes me more confused is that the lounge and the hatchery and some flowers work fine. Any suggestions?!?

Vikki

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Re: Game crashing when using downloads
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 09:41:53 AM »
Test out each file individually to see what the problem is, and then when you find it, please tell us so that we can help you more. It also might help to know what version of ZT1 you are running.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 08:11:24 PM »
Just to add to this.

When checking downloads always remove all the downloads and add 1 by 1 keeping track of what you added and when.

All my creation were made using ZTCC and may cause problems in earlier versions although this is really the first I've noticed any problems with the creations I have made.

If you find it is one of mine causing the problem then please PM me and I'll have the file updated so it won't cause others the same problems.

I might add though I have combined most of the downloads I myself have collected over the years from many ZT fansites and have all in my game including all of my creations when building a zoo and have not run into any crashing problems.

Offline Vikki

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 07:30:42 AM »
I've deleted all user-made files and started adding them one by one. The ones I'm having trouble with so far are the Victorian Garden Collection, yellowrose full tile flowers, rainforest petting zoo, myth museum and flower fountain. I'm using the original ZT1 without MM, DD, or CC.

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 09:31:03 AM »
That might be the problem.  If some of the downloads are made for the XPs that could be causing the crashes.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 11:40:38 AM »
I don't know much about ZT1 downloads in the first place, but since Yellowrose said that she made them with ZT:CC and you are saying that you have NO expansions, I can see that being where the error is coming from.