Author Topic: Zoo Tycoon 2 Object Downloads  (Read 1839 times)

Offline calia386

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Tycoon 2 Object Downloads
« on: December 25, 2005, 07:33:23 AM »
I downloaded the patch for my Zoo Tycoon 2 and was able to get the available downloads that the microsoft game site had, but now my problem is getting the objects I downloaded not from the microsoft site,  to work. I downloaded available stuff from this site and put it in the C:/documents and settings/all users/application data/microsoft games/zoo tycoon 2/downloads file, but they didn't show up in the game, so I went one file further past downloads, into the zootycoon_com_zt2_1033 file. Now the object show up in the downloads section of the game, but there was no download button pushed like I had to do to download the microsoft site stuff. (A button had to be pushed next to the other stuff to download the content.) The stuff from this site shows up as being there, but it is nowhere in the game. I downloaded paths, trees, etc... and none of it shows up. Did I install it right? I unzipped everything and took them all out of their folders. Please, could you help me on this?  thanks. :)

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 09:42:04 AM »
Merry Christmas, calia! Hopefully you got ES in your stocking!? :lol
Well, some of us have had that problem and the solution seems to be:

1) unzip the files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
2) inside that folder, you'll see another folder, created by the MAKER (e.g. exitree, penguinman, martin1990)
3) inside THAT folder will be yet another folder (e.g. arctic fox), plus a .dl file also called arctic fox
4) cut the (e.g. artic fox) zoo tycoon 2 file (inside that 2nd folder) and paste it next to the arctic fox .dl file
5) then, take both THOSE files (artic fox .dl and arctic fox.zoo tycoon 2) and CUT and PASTE them into
6) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
7) This virtually always fixes the problem

Some computers are configured differently, and some won't 'recognize' the individual folders. Mine, for instance, won't. I always have to do the above to get my downloads to work. Hope that helps! :happy

Offline calia386

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 07:09:55 PM »
okay, I want to make sure I got this right. When you say to download the files to  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2 and then you say inside this folder you will find another folder etc... you mean the folder of the download file I added or a folder already in the zoo tycoon 2 folder which has a row of numbered files? If I understand correctly, I should take all files that I have downloaded and opened and take them out of their files and just put them in the zoo tycoon 2 folder? Thanks for any info on this.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 07:40:09 PM »
Close, but not exactly. Don't take them out of their FILES, take the files out of the CREATED folder (e.g. penguinman, exitree) and put BOTH the files (step 5 above) and put them directly INTO the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2 folder.

Hope that helps? If not, post again, and we'll 'help' again! :lol