Author Topic: Problems With Creating New Animals  (Read 1413 times)

Offline ZT Creek

• Pooper Scooper
Problems With Creating New Animals
« on: January 18, 2006, 02:55:12 PM »
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.  I don't usually do this sort of thing as I'm not highly literate in computer technology. :blush

I downloaded the ZT2 ape at ZT Center.  I created 5 1/2 animals.  You can place them, their recolors work, and they eat, sleep, breed, and can get happy after being mad.  What doesn't work is the zoopedia and spinning 3-D picture on the adopt and animal info pop-ups.  The animals also do not have any enrichment items or shelter items listed in their animal info pop-up.  They will use the shade structure, but just like a tree - "sleeping/resting in shade".

Here are my animals:
Palomino - has a varient skin without blaze & socks
Black Appaloosa
Sorrel Appaloosa - has black appy as varient
Saanen goat
Suffolk sheep
Dorset sheep

Does anyone have any advice or would they be willing to help?

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 03:01:12 PM »
I'd love to help. First thing I will address, do you have ES? If not, I can only help you with a few errors.

Offline ZT Creek

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 03:09:55 PM »
Yes, I have the ES.  The conservation status is something else that doesn't work. - I forgot.

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 03:14:14 PM »
ok! Great!! :). One easy thing will fix 2 problems, the enrichment AND the conservation status. You know how in APE II it gives you the 6 files in entities/units/animals/ai? Well now you have to get them from the xp files. Go to C:Program Files/Microsoft Games/Zoo Tycoon 2. Now open the x100_000 file with some sort of extractor (like WinRar). Then go to entities/units/animals/ai and copy and paste the 6 files from there. I would also recomend doing the same thing with the ai/tasks files.

Now for conseravtion search for endangerment in the main xml file and then change that.

About the zoopedia and rotating model I don't know off the top of my head. PM me if you want my email so I can look at them.

Offline ZT Creek

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 03:36:47 PM »
Ok, I have found the files and copied them into a blank folder.  Will I have to rework these like the first set I did?  Also is the main xml file the one with only the animals name?  Sorry for all the questions, and thank you so much for helping!

I will try to PM you about the zoopedia and model.

Offline Bigheads96

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 03:43:04 PM »
You double posted the same message. :mellow

yes please do not post to tell people they have double posted that is against forum rules.  thanks

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 03:53:15 PM »
You probably shouldn't post just to tell ZT Creek that, but anyways..

Yes, rework them just like you did with the first set, and the main one is indeed the one with just the codename. :)

Offline ZT Creek

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 03:55:37 PM »
Sorry, I was trying to remove/change it when you posted.  I've never done this before, and wasn't trying to double post.

penguinman - thank you again for the help! :D

Offline ZT Creek

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 05:44:08 PM »
penguinman - Your suggestions worked.  Now the enrichment and shelters work, and conservation status works!  :w00t

All now have all three issues fixed and the family tree works as well.  Now just the zoopedia and 3-D model to go - I think. :happy

I have another question...  Does anyone know how to increase the number of offspring?  I'd like to make the goat and sheep more realistic.