Author Topic: Game Too Dark  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Chika Jin

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Game Too Dark
« on: February 08, 2006, 06:52:32 PM »
My moniter is already pretty dark on it's own (even with the brightness settings as high as they can go) and it makes it even more difficult to play ZT2 sometimes. I'm not just talking when my zoo turns to night either, it's hard to see in the daytime as well. Anywho, my question is: is there anyway to change the brightness in the game? If there isn't, what should I do to brighten my screen?

Offline Doomchild

• Pooper Scooper
Game Too Dark
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 01:16:28 AM »
i fixed a monitor like that before, but it requires some manual "editing"  of the monitor settings... i dont recommend this but it might be a last resort:
it's actually pretty simple all you need is a long thing crosshead (dunno actual word in english) screwdriver

you unscrew the lid of the monitor (usualy it's screwed on with 4-5 screws and slides off the back be sure to remove the powercable and detach it from your computer first)
depending on the monitor type you'll see several white plastic screws (might be different, as i said depends on the monitor type) these change the settings of the monitor (brightness, etc)
it's just a matter of finding the right one and giving it a few turns with the screwdriver. BEWARE! to actually view the changes you'll have to reattach the screen while the lid is off, this means there's a chance you might get an electric shock if you're not carefull, best thing to do is to let someone who knows their way around electricity do it. you'll need to work with 2 anyway, one to keep an eye on the screen to see what happens, i did it alone and it took me half an hour to get the screen right (mainly because i touched the wrong screws without knowing and had to experiment to get the screen back to normal)

again, i dont recommend this, but it's a last resort and it will fix your screen to normal brightness no matter what game or program you run

little sidenote, if you do this and the screen turns dark again after a while, you're monitor is busted, either change it manually every time it turns dark or get it replaced

Offline ky300

• Zookeeper
  • I got the master plan!
    • http://www.geocities.com/pocketc/kylescoolpage.html?1134233265890
Game Too Dark
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 07:29:16 AM »
:huh uhhhhhh. maybe you should keep it that way. or buy a new monitor.

Offline Chika Jin

• Pooper Scooper
Game Too Dark
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 12:12:29 PM »
Originally posted by Doomchild@Feb 9 2006, 03:16 AM
i fixed a monitor like that before, but it requires some manual "editing" of the monitor settings... i dont recommend this but it might be a last resort:
it's actually pretty simple all you need is a long thing crosshead (dunno actual word in english) screwdriver

you unscrew the lid of the monitor (usualy it's screwed on with 4-5 screws and slides off the back be sure to remove the powercable and detach it from your computer first)
depending on the monitor type you'll see several white plastic screws (might be different, as i said depends on the monitor type) these change the settings of the monitor (brightness, etc)
it's just a matter of finding the right one and giving it a few turns with the screwdriver. BEWARE! to actually view the changes you'll have to reattach the screen while the lid is off, this means there's a chance you might get an electric shock if you're not carefull, best thing to do is to let someone who knows their way around electricity do it. you'll need to work with 2 anyway, one to keep an eye on the screen to see what happens, i did it alone and it took me half an hour to get the screen right (mainly because i touched the wrong screws without knowing and had to experiment to get the screen back to normal)

again, i dont recommend this, but it's a last resort and it will fix your screen to normal brightness no matter what game or program you run

little sidenote, if you do this and the screen turns dark again after a while, you're monitor is busted, either change it manually every time it turns dark or get it replaced
I'd really rather not have to do anything physical/take apart my monitor. ;_; Thanks for the help, anyways.

Offline Doomchild

• Pooper Scooper
Game Too Dark
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 04:53:51 PM »
well, if you'd live down the street i'd do it for you (fixed 3 monitors already, one where the screen was fuzzy, one too dark and one where the computer couldnt make full use of the screenwidth) but as you need some experience to do so it's probably best to look for another solution

if i remember correct there's a tool made by adobe which you can use, but it's a long time ago since i discovered and i cant remember the name :(