Author Topic: Entites Problem  (Read 1473 times)

Offline zoo_101

• Pooper Scooper
Entites Problem
« on: April 16, 2006, 06:59:11 AM »
Hello im new here i've been playing zoo tycoon for a while but i uninstalled it not too long ago i want to reinstal it but there is a big problem it gose fine up to entites.z2f and says it cant copy I clicked ignore hopeing it wouldent be too bad how wrong I was there is no animals staff buldings anything so im wondering if anyone could post a link to where I can download a new entites.z2f or am I stuck like this thanks in advance. :mellow  :)

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Entites Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 07:06:23 AM »
Well yes, you need entities.z2f to have basically anything.

Unfortunately, no one can leagally give you that file and there is no place to download it. I would recomend uninstalling and reinstalling again. Also, if you right click on your CD drive in my computer and say "Open", if you can find the entities.z2f file you could try manually copying and pasting it into C:Program Files/Microsoft Games/Zoo Tycoon 2.

Good luck!

:heaster1

Offline zoo_101

• Pooper Scooper
Entites Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 07:08:48 AM »
Thanks for the reply i did reinstall it and i didnt work tried to copy too but it dont work looks like I'll have to get a new disk :(  oh well thank you for the reply anyway :)

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
Entites Problem
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 09:20:22 AM »
:idea You may try contacting Microsoft and explain the problem in as much detail as you can... some companies will offer replacement discs at a reduced price.  Of course, you may have to send them the damaged disc first.  It's worth a shot!!  Also, did you get any kind of warranty from the store you purchased the game from??  I always buy my games from EB Games b/c they offer a game-play guarantee, and their policy is that they will replace a disc (free of charge) for up to a year... and it's a "no ask policy," where they don't care what happened!  :shocked  One salesman told me that the company will replace a disc even if it looks like the person intentionally broke it!!

Here's the phone support info (depending on where you are from):
To speak to a Microsoft Support Professional (long hold times may be experienced), in the U.S. call (800) 537-8324, and in Canada call (800) 876-8533.

You can also chat with a Microsoft Support Professional online or submit an email at:
In the U.S., http://support.microsoft.com/games
In Canada,  http://www.microsoft.ca/support
Outside the U.S. & Canada, http://support.microsoft.com/international.aspx

I hope something I've mentioned helps!! ;)

Offline zoo_101

• Pooper Scooper
Entites Problem
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 10:05:42 AM »
Well I would contact microsoft but last time I did they diddn't do anything to help Im gonna try and get a replacment disk of the store i bought it from hope they accept it if i dont work I think my freind has a disk i'll just have to see if he can copy it or make another copy of the entites file thanks for the advice

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Entites Problem
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 12:55:56 PM »
Wait a min! Before you do that, it may be a problem with your computer set-up. If you will PM me, I will ask you some questions and we'll see if we can get your computer to 'accept' the disk. Might save you some time/trouble.  :happy

Questions: Did you get an error message, or did it simply stop? If you got an error, EXACTLY what did it say? After you un-installed it, did you remove the folder from your computer? Did you remove it from your registry?

Offline zoo_101

• Pooper Scooper
Entites Problem
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 01:35:09 PM »
I got an error it said that it couldent copy the file over and if i wanted to retry ignore or stop it and my pc should load disk fine it seams to load any other disk fine and yeah i removed the folder and the registry

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Entites Problem
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 02:04:17 PM »
I quite suddenly realized what the problem is! I forgot, but MS codes some disks with an internal program that switches 'on' when you install a program. That's so you can't install it on many disks (like giving it to your friends). Therefore, when you try to re-install, it 'sees' that it's already been done, and refuses the 2nd install. Not all disks have that - just some. Apparently MS did it to yours. all you have to do is call MS and they'll give you another 'key' to put in and then it will work fine. Hope that helps. :happy

Offline zoo_101

• Pooper Scooper
Entites Problem
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 02:01:22 AM »
I tried reinstaling but it said the folder was being used I called microsoft they said they were going to send me a new disk thanks for all youre help to