Author Topic: Recommendation?  (Read 1095 times)

Offline bkanimal

• Pooper Scooper
Recommendation?
« on: May 01, 2006, 03:38:40 PM »
If this is a prohibitted question, I apologize. I'm doing some comparison shopping, and would like to know if there is a consistently dependable video card that does well with ZT2. I have had some difficulties with the brand I've used for years...and wondered if there is one that I should consider switching to? I'm still using AGP (don't want to change MB), so anything with a good reputation with the game is welcome information. Thanks,
Bkanimal

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 11:46:20 AM »
A good brand and one I have just installed in my system is the Nvidia Gforce 6200OC with 256mb ram onboard. This helps to relieve pressure on the system ram and makes rendering the graphics for ZT 2 a little easier. It can be a little on the pricey side. When I looked at it first off it was priced at $229. canadain but look for sales. I managed to get an immediate $50 rebate and a $50 mail in rebate which in the end saved me $100

Nvidia Gforce and ATI are the 2 top video card producers but after having the Gforce for about a month I feel it is the better way to go.

Hope this helps you out somewhat.

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
Recommendation?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 12:57:26 PM »
I have the same card it works wonders for me... check out my zoos (links in the signature) if you want to see what the graphics looks like...

EDIT - can't seem to get the link in the sig to work for some reason, it's in the ZT2 show and tell anyway...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 01:00:38 PM by alloy61 »