Author Topic: Problem Uninstalling ZT2 & All Expansions?  (Read 1203 times)

Offline ILoveZooTycoon

• Pooper Scooper
Problem Uninstalling ZT2 & All Expansions?
« on: June 11, 2006, 09:42:20 PM »
Hello,

This is my first post and yes :IloveZA: !

I have ZT2, ES & AA.

Yesterday when I try to update the game, it somehow cannot install the patch so I have to uninstall the whole game. But when I proceed to the un-installation, it said "Zoo Tycoon 2 is not installed":angry: but I'm 110% sure that the game is indeed install.:rolleyes:

I tried reinstall the game & all expansion packs few times now but still no luck.

Anyone experience this problem? Help & comments are appreciate.

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 06:44:17 AM »
Hmm.  Well I had the same problem, except that I did not experience any issues with uninstalling and reinstalling the game.  How are you trying to reinstall?  You may need to go through Windows instead of the ZT2 uninstaller.  Go to Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel (through your Start Menu) and see if ZT2 is listed in there.  It may take a few minutes for it to populate the list.  If so, click on "Change/Remove" and remove it that way.

The "ZT2 is not installed message" is a common problem some of us have been having.  Before you uninstall and reinstall (which should solve the problem), make sure you are installing the patch from the same Windows profile as you installed the game.  This is one of the things that can cause that error.

Offline ILoveZooTycoon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 09:03:06 AM »
Thanks for the reply

I did try the Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel but it's still same thing. When I uninstall AA, I even notice that it has some kind of "network" error.

I did patch the game once and it was successful, however it's just kinda annoying that it doesn't uninstall fully.:crying: