Author Topic: Problem with patch - help please  (Read 1408 times)

Anso

Problem with patch - help please
« on: September 22, 2006, 02:38:39 AM »
Having come back to ZT2 after not having used it for a while, I have noticed several new downloads on the official page. However they do not show up when I try to download via the ZT2 program.

So I noticed the patch on the ZT2 official page and downloaded it. I have an original game which is not Ubisoft (which it mentions on the page) so I tried to install the patch. I get an error message telling me it can not find ZT2 and that I havn't got ZT2 installed :blink:

The I even tried one step futher, by moving the patch into the ZT2 directory and then tried to install it again. I still get told I do not have ZT2 installed!

Has anyone got any ideas about this please? Thank you very much in advance for any help :)

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 02:52:36 AM »
The newest patch is for those who have AA..make sure you are clicking the right link.

Also, do you have any of the expansion packs?

Try reinstalling the game and then trying it out after that...

Anso

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 03:02:34 AM »
Thank you for the quick reply. :)

I can only see one patch on the official page and I have seen elsewhere that this was recommended to install when you can't get the official downloads to appear in the game (what I mean is, that the downloads don't even get *listed*, never mind getting the option to download them).

However looking a bit closer at the text for the patch, one line says "Fixed challenges in African Adventure that require you to adopt an unavailable animal." So that makes me think that you're right and the patch is only for if you have AA installed. Though it doesn't clearly state that it's a patch for AA owners only which I think fooled me.

I do not have AA (thinking about getting it soon though) so obviously the patch is no good for me then. Any other ideas for how I get the downloads to appear on the list in my program please? (I have already tried to disable the firewall but that makes no difference)

I do have ES but I have not had the chance to install that yet. Wanted to get the download problem sorted first. Unless you think installing ES might also solve that problem? (If so, would you uninstall/re-install ZT2 first to make sure or not...?)

Also one final thing, just to double check in case I need to re-install. Is the *only* thing I need to save (for scenarios, saved games etc) what's in:  C: > Documents and Settings > Your Username > Application Data > Microsoft Games > Zoo Tycoon 2

...or is there something else too please? I would hate to remove it and having lost everything.

Thank you so much for any more help - I really appreciate it :)

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 03:08:29 AM »
I had that problem too, and even when I finally did get it installed I had to reinstall it 8times to get the downloads to appear. I had to reinstall the game for the patch to install.

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 03:35:47 AM »
I would try to install ES first to see if that helps it. I have not personally ever had this problem, and I have also never had ZT2 installed without ES. And if it doesn't work, then yes, I would then try to do a fresh reinstall again.

We also have one of the patches here, and I think that it would be the one you would need if installing ES doesn't work:

http://zoo.ogresnet.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=446

And might I add thank you for providing so much information. It's easier to give help when we understand what the problem is! Sounds like common sense, but we really appreciate it!

Your saved games and things should be, if you go to your start menu under Programs > Microsoft Games > Zoo Tycoon 2 > Profiles > (your ZT2 profile name or Default). I am not currently on a computer with ZT2 on it (they frown about putting games on the work computers : :P :) so your way may be correct as well...just double check. It will also have all of your photos in it.

Anso

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 05:24:16 AM »
Just installed ES and now the downloads appear in the list :)

Thank you so much for your help! :) It all seems to be solved now so I don't think I will install the patch (the one you linked to), unless I need to for any other reasons..?

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 05:28:14 AM »
Nope, you should be fine! Glad you got it all figured out!

Will close this thread now as the question has been answered!