Author Topic: Guests Stuck at Entrance...  (Read 4380 times)

Offline mrsdrkwaver

• Pooper Scooper
guests are looking for something to do but wont do anything please help
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 08:08:58 PM »
:sick:Ok hello everyone i really need help bad. my guests are standing in one place they do not walk around and spend money then they complain they have to pee or eat or something. all it says when you click them is they are looking for something to do. thats all the ever do is stand there in large groups all over my zoo. I closed the zoo  all the people leave and then i reopen and immediatly the standing starts all over.ugggh it always happends around year 3. can anyone please help i dont want to start my zoo all over again.

Offline ChubbyPanda

• Pooper Scooper
Guests Stuck at Entrance...
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 08:16:47 PM »
One time I caught them doing that, there was something blocking their way, they're stuck between things. Maybe try not to cluster too many objects?

Offline mrsdrkwaver

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 08:20:45 PM »
hmmm no they are jus ton the side walk i thought something was in the way but i have like 20 groups like this all over my zooo sometime they do this 2 steps in front of the zoo and never come in its really weird

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 08:53:56 PM »
Topics merged, as this one covers at least one of your problems. Please use the [topic=5628]Search[/topic] feature before you make a new topic.

Offline mrsdrkwaver

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 09:05:13 PM »
i am having the sam eproblem but they jus tstand around inside the zoo i started another challenge an the same thing happened after like year 3 sometime its so annoying how do you get to be a tycoon if you can't play long enough

Offline Spider Monkey

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 09:23:41 AM »
Here's my theory;  1) guests move randomly, but not randomly enough to remove themselves when the reach a "dead end".  2)  There are a limited number of guest brains, and therefore after a certain number of guests, some are using the same brain - so both guest #4 and guest #236 are thinking "I need to eat, I need to pee" at the same time.

Bear with me here, it's a weird theory . . .

3)  Guests can get stuck in dead ends.  If you put a discovery kiosk on a 2-tile path, guests can't get around it.  Try walking between some objects in first person mode and you'll see that although it appears that you can go between objects, you actually have to take the long way around.

4)  If guests share a brain, when guest #4 is stuck in a dead end, guest #236 is also unable to move.

I had a horrible problem with this in the meerkat zoo.  I finally realized that I had placed my discovery kiosk at the entrance where there is a T in the path that is not quite wide enough for guests to move around.  Guests were just standing around all over the zoo, saying there was nothing to do.  Once I moved the kiosk, the log jam broke up *all over the zoo*.

It's also happened where I had a 2 tile path with a gift cart across from a bench or donation box.  Looks big enough to get through, but guests get stuck - invisibily.

So  - - go hunt for objects that just might be weirdly blocking progress somewhere.  Good luck and I hope this helps.