Author Topic: Troubles with Marine Mania 2  (Read 7106 times)

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
Troubles with Marine Mania 2
« on: October 25, 2006, 09:26:46 PM »
Hello there, I have a bit of a problem with MM2. I downloaded the game and all, and then started it up. It worked fine, but after a few moments in freeform, it crashed my computer. So I restarted, and tried it again. Same thing. And then I tried it once more. Still crashes. And its not that any screen comes up or anything. The computer just freezes, and I have to hit the power button to restart it.

Is it possible that there is a user hack or user animal that interferes with it? My computer should be up to specs, and I even took out a few programs that I didnt need to give it more room.

P.S: I'm terribly sorry if there is another topic on this. :blushing:

Offline Sonic_The_Hedghog

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:35:45 PM »
Just reinstall it. I remember when I got DD2 when I turned up the quality the animals dissapeared and it had serious lag. I just reinstalled and it was fine.

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 08:16:23 AM »
But wont that delete the save games I have for ZT2?

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 08:21:34 AM »
Not if you go to C:/Documents and Settings/YourUserName/Application Data/Microsoft Games/Zoo Tycoon 2/YourProfile/Saved and keep those save files somewhere safe and put them back when you've reinstalled.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 09:06:06 AM »
Have you put your game onto custom settings are MM2 does not like you using custom settings andusually crashes if you change any of the settings.  also hacks have not been made for the EP and so we cannot guarentee that they are safe to use.  It is always best to start an new EP without hacks added then re add them 1 by 1 to check for conflicts.

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 02:46:55 PM »
Oh, okay. So I just un-install the hacks, and it should work? I have only one isntalled, so it shouldnt be to much of a change. Thanks for your help, I'll see if i works.:thumbsup:

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Palawan peacock pheasant
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 02:50:56 PM »
does this happen to everyone's game or is it just on yours because im nervous now...

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 02:55:31 PM »
This does not happen to everyone's game.  I've had MM2 for almost a week and the game/computer has not crashed.

Offline lizardman

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 02:56:31 PM »
Quote from: Alpha Dilophosaur;150765
But wont that delete the save games I have for ZT2?

Well, even if it is resolved, when you un-install ZT2 or any exspansions for it, it has an option that lets you keep or delete saved games. Hope this helps (probably doesn't)

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 03:33:26 PM »
Its still freezing... I uninstalled all the animals, but I cant find the file for the hack I downloaded. Its the grid snap hack, which is probably why its acting up and freezing. The problem is I cant find the file the hack is named, since its in numbers and not simply "grid snap hack." Before I re-install the game, I would like to find out if it works fine without the grid snap thing.

P.S: i hope someone tries to make a grid snap hack for MM2. It would be cool... : :) :

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 11:22:40 PM »
well give me time to play the game and i will be updating all my previous hacks.

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 02:54:20 PM »
okay, thanks. I've been able to remove all the downloaded content EXCEPT the everything hack and the American alligator... I've uninstalled it many times, yet when I install it again, it still has all the themed objects there and the American alligator! I've sent all my screenshots and saved games to another folder elsewhere in my computer, yet I cannot find the alligator file or the everything hack file to take them out (i was able to remove the grid snap hack somehow)! When it asks me if I want to remove downloaded content, I check yes, but when I install everything back in, its STILL there! Those could be the only two things screwing up my game... :unsure: DO I have to also check "remove save games" to take the alligator and everything hack out?! :hmmm:

Offline lizardman

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 03:11:01 PM »
Well, something like this has happened to me before, so I un-installed it, then re-installed it. I found out that it didn't help, so I un-installed it again, but this time I checked remove saved games. When I installed it again it worked, Consider keeping the copies of the photos and saved games, then check the remove saved games. I'm sorry if this doesn't work.

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 03:13:30 PM »
I put my saved games in a totally different folder, so it shouldn't delete them, right? :laughing: I know I wont be able to play them without the downloaded content that they need, but I'd feel better if I knew they were there... :unsure:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 03:19:32 PM by Alpha Dilophosaur »

Offline lizardman

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 03:15:20 PM »
Quote from: Alpha Dilophosaur;151347
I put my saved games in a totally different folder, so it shouldn't delete them, right? :laughing: I know I wont be able to play them without the downloaded content that they need, but I'd feel better if I knew they where there... :unsure:

I hate to say it, but i'm not sure. I don't think it will though.

• Scientist
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 03:30:21 PM »
Well, I guess I'll put my save games and pictures onto a disk... that way, there safe...

Offline lizardman

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 03:38:07 PM »
If this doesn't work I'm terribley sorry, I recomended it because it worked for me, so good luck.

PS:Your avatar is cool. :specool:

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 11:42:28 AM »
Okay, I managed to get the American alligator out, but I just cant find the files for the everything hack! Since I don't know if clicking "remove saved games" will make ZT2 hunt down my saved games that I placed in another folder, I have to stick to manually taking out everything, and then re-installing all over again. If someone could tell me what the everything hack is called (since I think its in numbers), I could take it out and possibly end this.

P.S. Thanks, lizardman. Its from paraworld. :happy:

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 11:46:21 AM »
x903.000.z2f and it should be in your main zt2 folder.  I will be updating it soon to make it compatible with MM2.

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2006, 12:07:58 PM »
I looked, but I can't find any folder in there by that name... But I know that I downloaded it, because I remember I was to lazy to complete all the challenges (:laughing: ) When I go into ZT2 after I un-install and re-install it, it still has the flower arch, the panda statue, the globe, and all the other things that need to be unlocked!

Is there a way to totally wipe ZT2 off of your hardrive so all of the files are automatically replaced, without leaving any user downloads on it when its installed again? checking the "remove download content" button does absolutely nothing, and I'm afraid to click the "remove saved games," because like I said, I'm scared ZT2 will hunt down my saved games in the other folders and delete them...:blushing:

Offline ZooTycoonFanic

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2006, 05:51:46 PM »
I have had it since the 19th. Exept for downloads and hacks I have had no troubles:huh: wonder why:wacko: .

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2006, 07:02:13 PM »
Okay, I now have a serious problem:

I deleted all the microsft folders, thusly getting rid of Zoo tycoon 2 and anything it had in it. (but my saved games are okay in another folder) So I re-install just plain old zoo tycoon 2, and start playing. A while into it, it freezes! No explanation, it just freezes. I have no idea why, but this may be linked to the reason MM2 was freezing over and over again! If anyone has any suggestion, I'd be glad to try it out... :blushing:

Offline lizardman

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »
Well, this is quite the pickle is'nt it. Check to see if there are any MM2 folders left. Other than that, I don't know what the problem is. I'll install the hack and see what hppens...

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 07:47:49 PM »
I don't have anything installed at all... its just plain old Zoo tycoon 2... No XP's, no official downloaded content, no nothing... :crying: It just freezes...

I think I might have to contact Blue fang about this, but I don't know how to reach their Technical support email address...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 08:07:55 PM by Alpha Dilophosaur »

Offline lizardman

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2006, 07:21:02 AM »
I found a link to a Microsoft page that might help you. Here