Author Topic: combined dll files  (Read 1423 times)

Offline momAKAmom

• Pooper Scooper
combined dll files
« on: June 17, 2006, 02:57:59 PM »
Having had to start my download collection over again plus Zoo Admin and Zoo Tek sites having to reinstall their downloads has created a bit of confusion (for me who can very easily reach that state) with the combined dll files. The new listings show the date they were installed on the site. My little problem is for the complete tunnels pack which includes Lang_ZTF01.dll. Not a problem BUT in my Zoo Tycoon folder (which didn't get lost, I have a Lang_ZTF03.dll and I don't know where I got it. Does anyone know if this overwrites Lang_ZTF01.dll and includes its info or do I keep both. That a download is an older file is no longer obvious and being in the middle of my collecting I have dll files of all varieties.

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
combined dll files
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 11:54:33 PM »
Lang_ZTF03 comes from ZooTek and I downloaded it in Dec '05.  It will not overwrite ZTF01 but 01 should be removed to prevent any conflicts in the game. Here is what is posted in the download section at ZooTek:

TO INSTALL:
Extract Lang_ZTF03.dll to your Microsoft Games/Zoo Tycoon folder.
Delete any of the following .dll files from the Zoo Tycoon folder if they are present:
Lang_ZTF01.dll
Lang_ZTF02.dll
Lang-zootek.dll
Lang1stAid.dll
Lang-ztcastle.dll

The Complete Tunnels Pack is included in Lan_ZTF03.

One way to clarify where a give donwload came from is to setup a new folder somewhere outside the Tycoon game files and store the zip files there in a sub-folder for each website you download from.  Mine looks like this:

Drive C:
     Download
          ZooTek
          Zoo Admin
          ZT Unleashed
          Zoo Keepers Lounge

I also add a code to the name of the zip file when I save it - ie ZA_ , ZTek_ , ZTU_ - that way if a file gets moved, I know where it belongs.