Author Topic: I think i screwed up my game please help  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Daveman

• Pooper Scooper
I think i screwed up my game please help
« on: June 18, 2006, 12:07:08 PM »
Alright i tried to install the move all buildings hack from this site but i did it wrong so now every new animal is called un-named and the buildings with the exception of downloaded ones have no items for sale and are also called un-named. What i did was instead of opening the folder i unzipped it overwrote all the files then tried putting it back in.  I didn't make a back up i don't belive, so am i going to have to reinstall? If there is any way to fix it without reinstalling please let me know.  TY in advance!
:IloveZA:

I am talking about Zt2 with both expansions
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 12:25:51 PM by Daveman »

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 01:09:58 PM »
Hate to tell you this, but I think the infamous "re-install" is on your books. : :( :

I will tell you one thing, though. Make sure you have the latest "move all buildings" (it's v. 3, made by Ranger107). Obviously, install ZT2 first, then ES. THEN install Ranger's hack, then install AA and everything will work fine. Good luck!:original:

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 01:13:32 PM »
CS might be right... :(

But, I have another idea. First, thanks for giving us so much information! You don't know how much that helps.

What you can do is go to My Computer and find the disk drive with Zt2 in it. Then, you'll need to right click and say open. Then, if you can search around and find the file that you edited, you can copy that one and paste it into the Zoo Tycoon 2 folder so it overrides the one you messed up.

Offline Daveman

• Pooper Scooper
K ty both so much
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 01:50:24 PM »
TY all.  I fixed it i found a backup copy of the original file its all fixed now ty so much.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 01:58:35 PM by Daveman »

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 03:51:08 PM »
Great!  Since your problem as solved, this is now closed.