Author Topic: trouble getting a hack to work...  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Nettie

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.myspace.com/nettiek
trouble getting a hack to work...
« on: June 27, 2006, 04:02:34 PM »
hey friends...

I know there are topics much like this one but i can't find an answer anywhere...  I downloaded the hack to unlock the scenarios and the hack to unlock objects for zt2 w ES. i unzipped them and then put them in my main zt2 folder...  (I don't have this said default profile folder or whatever).  Usually downloads work for me if i put them right in the main folder, but these are not.  I really want to play with all the unlocked items like the jungle themed buildings and stuff and unlocking the old fashions way is taking forever...  I had them all originally but had to reinstall the game and don't have them anymore.  if anyone has any trouble shooting ideas that would be cool.

also, is there any way to play (like a hack or something) to have all the objects avaiable to you but still needing to watch your money?  Like a challange with all objects...  I wanna play with the face painting station and tower etc. but not in freeform...  just a thought, anyways, thanks,
nettie

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 04:05:39 PM »
Hey nettie, remember to put them in the saved games folder. And the other thing doesn't exist.

you do not put them in the saved games folder!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 10:29:36 PM by RedNotDead »

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 05:26:26 PM »
Ya, you can't put that in the main folder because it needs to override a different file. You have to view hidden folders for it to work and then you have to find the profile area with the saved games

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 06:24:12 PM »
What is the file in the hack? If it is Options.xml then you need to find your profile folder and replace the options file with the one from the download.

If you have Win XP this is the path to find the profile folders - C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME GOES HERE\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2.  If you can't access/don't see any folders here you will need to show the hidden folders.  In Windows Explorer click Tools > Folder Options > View and make sure the circle for "Show hidden files and folders" is marked.

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 07:53:16 PM »
sorry guys, I guess I was no help.: :( : : :( : : :( :

Offline Nettie

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.myspace.com/nettiek
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 03:41:03 PM »
i click to make the files un-hidden....  in the tools bar....  when i do, a couple new files show up, but they are not folders....

still no default profile folder....  or saved games for that matter...  all the folders names are various numbers, mss, sounds, ui, watson, xp....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 03:46:43 PM by Nettie »

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 03:54:21 PM »
I don't think you are in the right place then, because those are all folders in the C:Program Files/Microsoft Games/Zoo Tycoon 2 folder which is not the right place.

Instead go to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2