Author Topic: Submitted Download Problems  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
Submitted Download Problems
« on: July 28, 2006, 03:35:40 PM »
I don't know where to put this, I think this is the right place.  I just submitted one of my sisters zoos to the ZA download section, and I just found two problems:
1. Her elevated path was not working correctly.  She opened her zoo and none of her guests could get on it.
2. I think the image was too large.  I redid the zip file on my computer, but I don't know what I should do now.
I want to replace the download I already sent in with the fixes.  Is there anything I can do?

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 03:40:47 PM »
Your best bet is to resubmit it to either Yellowrose or RedNotDead, and putting this is in the subject line: Revised ZT2 file for uploading. This way they will know that you have made corrections and it's not just a duplicate file. The links to send the files to are in their profiles.

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 05:43:47 PM »
Do you mean email it to them, or private message?  And how do I link the file?  I'm really new at this:blushing: :blushing: .

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 08:03:14 PM »
Go to the downloads section/zoos/user zoos locate the name of your file and click on it as if you wanted to download it.

When the new page opens you will notice a small menu bar above the window with the finle information in it.

You should see an edit button. click on the edit button

in the description area make sure you add to what is there - Updated - Date_ why you updated - example , to fix a faulty path or what ever it is you fixed

scroll down to the brouse button and re upload the fixed file. The screenshots we find are not that much of a problem as the downloads script automaticly resizes them to a thumbnail viewable in the download .

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 08:12:20 PM »
The zoo isn't up yet, it has not been approved, it says the file is still in purgatory, and I can't find the edit button.

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 08:51:46 PM »
Whenever you submit anything for download, it goes into a "waiting folder". This means that the Admins have it, but they have to test it first before they can put it up for the members. We usually like to ask our members to give us at least 48 hours to get that done. If everything is okay, it will be uploaded. If not, they will let you know that too.

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 08:14:25 AM »
Yellowrose mentioned an edit button, where would I find it?  I know it was said that it was at the top of the window, but I don't see it.  I'm guessing its because the file is still in the process of being approved or not approved.  Is there any way I can edit it now?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 10:55:44 AM »
have declined the file so now you are free to just resubmit

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 03:38:28 PM »
Thanks, I reuploaded it and this can be closed.

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 04:19:13 PM »
closed at request