Author Topic: Only downloading part of files  (Read 1631 times)

Offline ZT Creek

• Pooper Scooper
Only downloading part of files
« on: August 28, 2006, 07:35:45 PM »
I haven't had problems before, but now I cannot download all of the files.  I download the files as I have before, but now it always times out at 48, 84, or 116 K or something like that.  I can't figure out why this is happening.  Could someone please give me some ideas as to what I am doing wrong?  Thank you.

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 08:11:16 PM »
Could you please give us a list of what downloads you are trying to install and for what game? (ZT1 or ZT2)

Offline ZT Creek

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 04:16:07 PM »
I've been trying to download:

Norwegian Fjord Pony (3.14 MB)
Dama Mhorr Gazelle (889.0 KB)
Roosevelt Elk (2.58 MB)
Ambient Sheep (166.0 KB)
Ambient Peafowl (378.5 KB)

These are all ZT2 files.  I was able to successfully download some smaller files such as csleesburg's butterflies.  I have not tried to use them in my game yet though.  What is happening is the download window starts into the download normally, but stops and calls the download complete at only a partial download.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 11:33:46 PM »
do you use dial-up or broadband - with some of the larger files dial-up blips at times and you may need to download a few times - or have you tried using a downlaod manager?

Offline ZT Creek

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 04:00:35 PM »
I have dial-up.  It is possible that it is "blipping".  I have tried downloading the files several times.  Actually I have been trying the Norwegian Fjord Pony several times a day for the last three days.  Four times today and each time today it has considered itself completed at 82.4.  It has also been at different connection speeds from 40.0 to 19.2.

Truthfully, I don't even know what a download manager is.  Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 06:33:00 PM »
One download manager is Go!zilla - found here.  It does have a free version and explains what download managers are/do.