Author Topic: Where to put free keeper hack?  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Cottonjenney

• Pooper Scooper
Where to put free keeper hack?
« on: November 25, 2006, 10:52:45 AM »
I was able to unzip the folder, and put it in created downloads folder. I don't belive that it goes there though, and can't seem to find where to put it. Any one thinking of creating a money hack for Zookeeper edition?:yesmaster

Offline Cottonjenney

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 11:41:40 AM »
hmmm, new issue. None of my downloads that I put in Downloads folder are showing up, maybe issue with Zookeeper Collection version? I have honestly looked through the posts and for some reason my screens are not matching up......

Offline Cottonjenney

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 11:42:17 AM »
Tis is what worked for me, still not sure about the Hack though... Thx Nique!

If the above path for downloads does not work for you I sudgest you try this solution found by csleesburg

Well, some of us have had that problem and the solution (just applies to ZT2 and ZT2 ES) seems to be:

1) after unzipping (you will need WinZip) the files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
2) inside that folder, you'll see another folder, created by the MAKER (e.g. exitree, penguinman, martin1990)
3) inside THAT folder will be yet ANOTHER folder (e.g. arctic fox), plus a .dl file also called arctic fox
4) cut the zoo tycoon 2 file (inside that 2nd folder) and paste it next to the arctic fox .dl file
5) Now you have two files side by side, both named arctic fox
6) then, take both THOSE files (artic fox.dl and arctic fox.zoo tycoon 2) and CUT and PASTE them into
7) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
8) This virtually always fixes the problem

Some computers are configured differently, and some won't 'recognize' those individual folders. Mine, for instance, won't. I always have to do the above to get my downloads to work. Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 01:14:03 PM by Cottonjenney »

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »
Please try this thread for additional help on how to place downloads. Also, if you do not have MM2, please make sure that you are not using the hack made for MM2 (there are 2 versions).