Author Topic: The Sim's 2 and expansions  (Read 32797 times)

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
The Sim's 2 and expansions
« Reply #250 on: January 16, 2007, 07:43:24 AM »
http://thesims2.ea.com/about/sims_stories/index.php
It's their life, but it's your story!
Are you new to The Sims or know anyone who is? This is the game for them. The Sims Life Stories is the first release in an all-new, standalone product line called The Sims™ Stories. Play through all the great moments of your Sim's life in this easy-to-play, laptop-friendly version of The Sims. In the new and engaging directed Story mode, you take your Sims through a unique and entertaining storyline full of romance, conflict and dramatic twists. In open-ended Classic mode, you create Sims and then choose how they'll fulfill their dreams through life's biggest moments. Stay connected by using your own IM and email while playing.

this soundslike fun for the younger players of the sims

Offline bengaltiger

• Zookeeper
  • Movie Maniac
« Reply #251 on: January 16, 2007, 08:19:08 AM »
Would anyone like to know the cheats for sims 2?:huh:
P.S. I only know the ones for PS2!

Offline Silver_Gryphon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #252 on: January 17, 2007, 06:58:53 PM »
Quote from: RedNotDead;174964
http://thesims2.ea.com/about/sims_stories/index.php
It's their life, but it's your story!
Are you new to The Sims or know anyone who is? This is the game for them. The Sims Life Stories is the first release in an all-new, standalone product line called The Simsâ„¢ Stories. Play through all the great moments of your Sim's life in this easy-to-play, laptop-friendly version of The Sims. In the new and engaging directed Story mode, you take your Sims through a unique and entertaining storyline full of romance, conflict and dramatic twists. In open-ended Classic mode, you create Sims and then choose how they'll fulfill their dreams through life's biggest moments. Stay connected by using your own IM and email while playing.

this soundslike fun for the younger players of the sims

I looked at the website to see what it was all about, and there's a couple of others, not just the Life Stories one. There's one about pets and another where your sims are stuck on an island (castaway, I think it is...) and you have to get them to find food and all that sort of stuff. I like the sound of that one, it's something a bit different :original:

Offline caribou_caro

• Pooper Scooper
Re: The Sim's 2 and expansions
« Reply #253 on: March 23, 2007, 11:56:45 AM »
So how does everyone like Seasons so far?  I'm really enjoying it, for several reasons - weather is a great addition to a Sim day.  Also, being able to store leftovers in the fridge is not only a timesaver but great for when the kids get up and want to eat before school.  I've played every expansion so far, and I have to say I like this one best.  Pets was ok, I didn't get much out of Nightlife or OFB, and I liked University a bit, but this really adds alot of reality.  There's also several things to make life easier, like the leftover thing, bonuses to relationships and skilling in the different seasons, and a few great new career rewards. Enjoy! :dancer:

Offline Ixion

• Zookeeper
  • doughnuts: heart didease in a ring
« Reply #254 on: March 23, 2007, 05:56:55 PM »
Have any of you heard much about the Celebration Stuff exp? i've seen it a few times on game retail sites, but could someone tell me more?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #255 on: March 24, 2007, 01:22:08 AM »
have to agree with you caribou_caro the seasons expansion is far by the best of all the expansions.

as for celebrations
http://thesims2.ea.com/about/sp4_index.php
the link shows you more about it basically its just some add on for weddings and birthdays so its not really that interesting at least not to me LOL cos weddings and birthdays dont happen that often, basically they are just recolours of existing stuff that you can get really from any decent sims 2 fansite.

Offline TigerTail

• Zookeeper
« Reply #256 on: March 31, 2007, 04:01:32 PM »
I got TS2 Pets for Christmas ^^;
However, I lost the CD for it <.<

I've made some very interesting families, an discovered some equally interesting things!
I had a kitty be taken away because she got in her litter box and there was no way for her to leave [she got stuck, the game soon-after crashed]
I had an adult chat online with an infant [not toddler, infant]

I still haven't had a family have twins; that's my goal :D

Offline Wapiti

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #257 on: March 31, 2007, 04:44:41 PM »
I think the seasons is the best, but I wouldnt like the sims 2 very much if it didnt have the pets. So I would say the seasons and pets are the best expansions. I dont really like the University as much but it's ok.

I still haven't had a family have twins; that's my goal

none of my families have had any twins either, so thats one of my goals too :)

Offline TigerTail

• Zookeeper
« Reply #258 on: April 01, 2007, 07:03:55 AM »

I still haven't had a family have twins; that's my goal

none of my families have had any twins either, so thats one of my goals too :)

I would like to do it without the Boolprop cheat too--it's weird like Woah :blink:

I lost my game already--I've had it Four Months! <.< [:duh:]

Offline Maltese44

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #259 on: April 01, 2007, 01:18:17 PM »
fyi There's a video(or videos) on youtube that uses the Sims 2 to create Harry Potter movies. :woot:

Offline Wapiti

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #260 on: April 01, 2007, 04:48:48 PM »
supposedly if you have your Sims eat a slice of Cheesecake before you 'Try for Baby' you might get twins

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #261 on: April 04, 2007, 05:47:47 PM »
And if you don't have the cheesecake option...there's always the insimenator mod download.

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
    • http://
« Reply #262 on: April 06, 2007, 06:58:57 AM »
I think Nightlife came with the cheat forcetwins which makes your sim have twins. I have had twins 3 times in a row with one family I am playing without cheating. HARD WORK!!!

Offline Queen Layla

• Pooper Scooper
  • I love grey wolves,do you?
    • Animallover88's Fourms
« Reply #263 on: April 06, 2007, 07:29:52 AM »
I heard in June or July their coming out with an expansion called XP Fashion!!! :eggyes :eggwoot :eleph:They also just came out with Sims 2 Celebration! Stuff a couple days ago!!!

I have also had many twins without any cheats!They're hard work if you have to raise them with only 1 parent!!! :eggno

Offline Silver_Gryphon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #264 on: April 06, 2007, 05:08:53 PM »
Ooh, fashion  :eggthumup where'd you hear about that one?

Offline Queen Layla

• Pooper Scooper
    • Animallover88's Fourms
« Reply #265 on: April 06, 2007, 06:17:26 PM »
I heard that at,believe it or not, Game Stop!They looked it up on there computer.They also said to get it quick,that will sell out fast!!! :eggyes :eggwub I don't have to be quick.In fact,I get to get it the day before because I put $5 down,so one's reserved for me!!!

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #266 on: April 06, 2007, 11:50:34 PM »
the H&M Fashion Stuff pack is the name of the new Add on pack out on June 1st. again its just fashion stuff taken from the store h&m (the one that madonna has done some designs for) not XP fashion (does help if you read the offical site and not just rubbish from other sites that dont know what they are talking about  :slol:)

Offline Queen Layla

• Pooper Scooper
    • Animallover88's Fourms
« Reply #267 on: April 07, 2007, 10:14:09 AM »
Sorry for the mix up!LOL!I knew he said it was something like that.

Offline Hughesy

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Pretty kitty
« Reply #268 on: April 08, 2007, 11:28:34 AM »
I was thinking about getting seasons as you make it sound good my fav xp now is university as i like the whole dorm thing and going to class and then ofb as i liek running my own bussiness :eggangel

Offline Queen Layla

• Pooper Scooper
    • Animallover88's Fourms
« Reply #269 on: April 08, 2007, 11:48:01 AM »
Yeah.Pets is my first fav and ofb is my second.

By the way,

:easter2

Offline dlugopets

• Senior Zookeeper
  • ~I am invisible~
« Reply #270 on: April 12, 2007, 12:16:48 AM »
I got Nightlife, but I never installed it.  It's sorta sad - I'm on my final days of Sims.  My computer lags when I play it, and I haven't had the urge in such a long time...

Offline Queen Layla

• Pooper Scooper
    • Animallover88's Fourms
« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2007, 06:24:46 AM »
Yes,thats what I did for a long time.My computer lagged for a long time and I uninstalled the games.Then I got an upgrade and I could have all the expansions on plus many more.Since then,I want to play it alot!