Author Topic: Game Maker!  (Read 14517 times)

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Game Maker!
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2006, 10:40:59 AM »
All your guys' projects sound really cool! Keep it up.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2006, 11:36:56 AM »
Wow Dandelion Mane! The baby is so small compared to the adult! In my dinosaur game, I've only made a standing sprite of one dinosaur! If anyone would like to know, these are the dinosaurs I plan on making.
1. Carnotaurus
2. Ankylosaurus
3. Caudipteryx
4. Iguanodon
5. Camarasaurus
6. Allosaurus
7. Dilophosaurus
8. Triceratops
9. Diploducus
10. Velociraptor
11. Herrerasaurus
12. Parasaurolophus
13. Heterodontosaurus
14. Hysphilophodon
15. Lesothosaurus
16. Brachiosaurus
17. Oviraptor
18. Gallimimus
19. Pachycephalosaurus
20. Plateosaurus
21. Vulcanodon
22. Stegosaurus
23. Alxasaurus
24. Troodon
25. Tyrannosaurus Rex
26. Spinosaurus

Hmm... seems like I'm missing one. I have a dinosaur from every dino family, except one. Thanks TigerTracks.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 07:22:26 PM by kiwibuddy »

Offline Xtreme

• Game Warden
Game Maker!
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2006, 12:17:47 PM »
How about Coelophysis?

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2006, 07:22:10 PM »
Quote from: Xtreme
How about Coelophysis?

Nah, Coelophysis is a ceratosaur, and I already have a dilophosaurus which is a ceratosaur. I remembered though. It was a spinosaurus. :original: And... you just might see a coelophysis, as I never said those are ALL of the dinosaurs in the game. :wink:

Offline Xtreme

• Game Warden
Game Maker!
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2006, 08:04:02 PM »
Okay, I'm making another game based off of my story. There's a part in my book where they visit a zoo of genetically mutated dinosaurs. It's not harmful to the dinosaurs, but it does give them cool abilites. They include airrexes (giant winged T-rexes), gigatons (sauropods four times larger than the largest normal one), and spikupines (ankylosaurids with porcupine-like quills instead of armor). It's called Rhea Park Tycoon (Rhea was the name of the island continent on where it's based), and it's a business strategy game where you build up the zoo of genetically mutated dinosaurs.

In Rhea Park Tycoon, the behavoirs(sp?) of the animals are much more realistic than the ones in Dino Theme Park. Carnivores will eat other animals when they are hungry, but if they have their food nearby, they'll leave them alone, however, the animals will still be in panic. Certain herbivores will love herds, and will get unhappy when alone, yet with herds too big, they'll get unhappy again. Airrexes will fly out of their cages if you don't have certain security, and other animals will break out of their cages if the security isn't strong enough. All of this is possible with variables and coding.

In total, there's gonna be 30 different mutant types. If anyone wants to know them, PM me, for I don't feel like posting them at the moment.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2006, 10:45:04 AM »
Oooh! That sounds interesting! Wish I knew how to code and such. : :( : That way I could make my dinosaur game better.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2006, 12:10:18 PM »
Hope this isn't bumping an old topic. But my friend figured out gravity and made a simple game with good jumping. Now I'm making an incredibly simple game where I can finally use jumping! (Thank God. :laughing: ) I also plan to make bigger projects but I just wanna get this simple game done! :wink:

I was just thinking about cheats and secrets in games, and was wondering, has anyone put in any secret stuff in their games? Cheats, easter eggs? etc.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 12:14:48 PM by kiwibuddy »

Offline hallifax

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://vampcity.proboards43.com
Game Maker!
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2006, 03:16:15 PM »
I have a rapid fire key combo on a few of my shooting games,

-TOP SECRET-

Bob The Game

Details Unkown
-END OF FILE-

I'll post more when I make more, but not until i'm almost finished.

Offline adam1990

• Senior Zookeeper
    • Zoo Tycoon 101
Game Maker!
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2006, 06:12:36 AM »
I tried this, and it's really hard to make a game.  I never got it working.  It also takes a lot of time.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2006, 07:58:54 PM »
Due to the unfortunate loss of Adventure Man Part 1 (Best game I had ever made. :crying: ) I am now working on a much simpler game, Tiki Pong. It's simply pong, except the paddles are tiki heads and the ball is a spinning, flaming torch. I will also make Hawaiian geese wandering aimlessly on the ground that you have to try to hit to get points. (No geese were harmed during the making of this game. :laughing: ) I also plan on bringing back Adventure Man, except I'll base the game off of a comic series I did a long time ago. : :) :

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
Game Maker!
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2006, 04:08:51 PM »
I made a game called "Newb Slayer" for a Lego Fourm I'm a member of. It is basically stress releif, where you kill spamming news with various destructive weapons. When you kill enough newbs, you can buy new weapons. It's a totally fast paced game, without any blood or gore, and lots of silliyness.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2006, 09:33:38 PM »
Sounds like fun! I actually think I would try it. : :P : I have a question. How do you set timers? For example, if I want an object to be a certain sprite for 5 seconds, and then I want it to change into another sprite for another 5 seconds, and so on. :hmmm:

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
Game Maker!
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2006, 08:47:53 PM »
Beats me. Want me to PM you a lint to DL Newb Slayer?

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2006, 01:26:18 PM »
I've run into some problems:

1. How do you make two seperate scores? (One for each paddle.) Also, how do you display them? Do you do it in the same way as a health bar?

2. I want the ball to speed up by 1 every time it hits a paddle. How do I do this?

3. There are things in the game that get you extra points. (The geese for example.) I want it so that when the ball hits Player 1's paddle, then everything that the ball hits will go to player 1, and when the ball hits Player 2's paddle, then everything that the ball hits will add up to Player 2's score. How do I do this?

Help much appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 01:35:21 PM by kiwibuddy »

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2006, 10:07:40 PM »
Good news folks! Tiki Pong is done! Except I never got the score to work. : :( : But it's still fun to play. :happy: If anyone would like to try it, let me know. :thumbsup:

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Game Maker!
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2006, 05:22:57 PM »
Ahh.. Game Maker - I acually take classes as an After School Activity, and theyb gave me a free CD which is the FULL VERSION - haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I'm about to... :wink:

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
Game Maker!
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2006, 05:45:43 PM »
Kiwi: Tiki pong is fun! The first computer game ever wit h a fun Hawaiian twist!

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2006, 04:39:08 PM »
Thanks. :happy: Right now, I'm making a game called Baiji, and yes, I'm making it because it became extinct. I guess you could call it a tribute to the species. :laughing: I just started it.

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
Game Maker!
« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2006, 05:48:31 PM »
I've used game maker before. I made some Mario-stule arcade games a little over a year ago.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2006, 11:33:11 AM »
It's been a while now and I guess I can unravel some Easter Eggs in Tiki Pong. I'm not sure if it's in the updated version or if it's in the old version, but either way, I added some silly stuff in the game. Highlight below:

- If you click on the goose on the main menu, it will go bouncing all over the window. Fun to watch.

- If the ball hits the bottom middle of the room, a little blue guy will pop out of the ocean and wave to you.

Random, but that's me. : :P : I am also thinking about adding another silly Easter Egg but it will actually affect gameplay. :hmmm:

Offline Dandelion Mane

• Zookeeper
Game Maker!
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2007, 05:36:10 PM »
Quote from: kiwibuddy;158009
Sounds like fun! I actually think I would try it. : :P : I have a question. How do you set timers? For example, if I want an object to be a certain sprite for 5 seconds, and then I want it to change into another sprite for another 5 seconds, and so on. :hmmm:

With alarms you can make it change up to 13 times (I think).
Ex. On the event create [or alarm 1] you can put set alarm:
Number of steps(frames, etc.):5[or another number

in alarm no: alarm 0[or other alarm]

Also click the relaive square.  

Hope that helps (even though it is a bad description and feel free too elaborate)

*Gets writers Cramp because of too much writing*

Offline Dandelion Mane

• Zookeeper
Game Maker!
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2007, 09:32:17 PM »
Anyway I'm working on a trapinch raising game with really cartoony graphics(flygon looks like a bobblehead, tell me if you want pictures[no I will not be posting pictuures of easter eggs{even though I may rethink that}]) I am mostly done and working on easter eggs.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 09:47:50 PM by Dandelion Mane »

Offline Dandelion Mane

• Zookeeper
Game Maker!
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2007, 11:24:22 AM »
Quote from: kiwibuddy;110429
Hmm... seems like I'm missing one. I have a dinosaur from every dino family, except one. Thanks TigerTracks.

How about making a deinocheirius as an easter egg?

Offline Dandelion Mane

• Zookeeper
Game Maker!
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2007, 05:24:18 PM »
How do you make patform games

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2007, 06:29:02 PM »
For those of you who know Bally and Dooby (they're mentioned in my first post in this topic) I am making a sequel to Bally and plan to make a demo. :shocked: When it's done, I'll be glad to give it to anyone.

As for Dooby, I'm not making a sequel (I actually never finished the first game :pinch: ) but I'm making an improved version of the game. New sprites, new features, and such. When I finish the first level, I'll make a demo and give it to whoever wants it. :wink:

Dandelion Mane: I can help you with that, but I'm not at the computer that has my platform game on it so I can't help you right now. : :( : I will when I get the chance. :thumbsup: