Author Topic: Game Maker!  (Read 14487 times)

Offline ky300

• Zookeeper
  • I got the master plan!
    • http://www.geocities.com/pocketc/kylescoolpage.html?1134233265890
Game Maker!
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2006, 06:29:33 AM »
actually it's easyer to make 3D games if you have 3D studio and a program soely based on 3D games.

Offline ky300

• Zookeeper
  • I got the master plan!
Game Maker!
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2006, 03:42:43 PM »
uhh, does anybody know how to put in backround music? :huh
'cause I really want to know.
I got d into game maker as a "backround music" but where do I put it?the backround music loade
edit: ok I know now. But there is something that is exsaperating. every time I trie to make a third level( with all the same things that worked well in the first two levels) my galimimus has gravity only when he turns left and has no gravity what so ever when he turns right.
anyone know how to fix this? :sad

Offline Xtreme

• Game Warden
Game Maker!
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2006, 11:20:13 AM »
Just put "Set Gravity" in the Create event.

EDIT: BTW, I've officially decided to quit Dino Theme Park. Tycoon games require lots of work, and I'm not ready for it, yet. So, I'm starting a new game based off my book.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2006, 05:39:58 PM »
Looks cool ky300. :approve Remember all of those games I mentioned I was making? Lol, I never did. I never felt like starting them. :sweat I'm a bad boy. :sad But I am starting a game and I'm gonna put a lot of effort in it with every sprite customly made by me. I'm gonna put a lot of effort in it and hopefully things will work right. :whistle

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
Game Maker!
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2006, 09:09:58 PM »
Penguinman, how do you open CCA files?

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Game Maker!
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2006, 09:11:24 PM »
:lol I have no idea what a CCA file is.

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
Game Maker!
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2006, 09:23:31 PM »
I got some sprites of the site you use and when I unzipped it there was a CCA file!

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
Game Maker!
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2006, 09:26:20 PM »
You should use the bitmap files. On the side menu bar there is the top section and bottom section each with the same links. Only use the top section. Anyways this is pretty off topic.

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
Game Maker!
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2006, 09:28:19 PM »
Thanks!! I'll try that!

Offline Radar

• Snow Tigers
  • Zookeeper
    • http://
Game Maker!
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2006, 01:26:50 AM »
I have got the free GM 6.0! All I need is better sounds especialy backround music  :whistle  Does anyone know where I can get good FREE sounds   :rolleyes

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2006, 06:15:12 PM »
Ok, I have a random question, but how do you put games up for download? :huh Also, I'm making a new game (for the billionth time) it's called Angler Fish. I'm watching Chasing Nature on Animal Planet right now and they're doing something on Angler Fish which ispired me. Just haven't figured out how I'm gonna make the game, also, can anyone post a link that has the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly music? You know, the whistling? :huh

Edit: Nevermind, I found it! :happy

Offline hallifax

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://vampcity.proboards43.com
Game Maker!
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2006, 08:40:34 AM »
he he i made a loz and mario game with gamemaker, however i need to inform a lot of people that i used their sprites, and i can't upload it because i maght have legal issues with nintendo

Offline hallifax

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://vampcity.proboards43.com
Game Maker!
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2006, 08:24:40 AM »
I got that bug out of My airplain game (not 1945)

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Game Maker!
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2006, 11:54:31 PM »
My friend lent mea thing called 'The 3D Gamemaker Lite - Special Addition'. Its so cool!  :cool

Offline ky300

• Zookeeper
  • I got the master plan!
Game Maker!
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2006, 04:26:15 PM »
actualy that isn't the same. :mellow

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2006, 04:38:20 PM »
Due to the unfortunate loss of Archer Fish. I am now making Cubey. You can think of it like Bricks. :happy

Offline Xtreme

• Game Warden
Game Maker!
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2006, 06:34:57 PM »
Sorry if this is reviving a thread from the dead, but I'm now making an RTS game off of my story. To check it out, go here. (And, BTW, yes, I'm MattH ;) )

Offline KookyKoopa12

• Zookeeper
Game Maker!
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2006, 07:43:51 AM »
I have made many different games in that program (mostly Mario themed) but I have made a game about that one show on Cartoon Network. The one with the kid who turns into aliens. Oh yeah! Am I allowed to post my games into the forum?

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2006, 02:46:48 PM »
You know how I made Bally!? (You can see for yourself by looking at my first post.) I am now making, Improved Bally!! In a way, it's sort of like Super Mario Bros., because if you get hurt by a bad guy, you will shink, and if you get hurt while shrunken, you will die. But you can grow back to normal size by getting special cupcakes, and you can even grow giant to smash bad guys and obstacles! There's even a cupcake that turns you into Super Bally! :laughing: Unfortunately, I'm having some minor problems. Minor though. :ermm:

I am also making Moth Man. A simple game in which you control a moth that is trying to find a lamp. You have to guide that moth through the dark through a course without running into anything. There's only one level, but the course is really long and the moth moves really fast. It's sort of a fast reflex game.

And I hate to copy people's ideas. (I really really do. : :( : : :( : ) But I am making a dinosaur simulation game. Except you simply put dinosaurs on an island and watch them interact with each other.

Offline Xtreme

• Game Warden
Game Maker!
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2006, 02:58:57 PM »
Wow, after I read all of these comments, no offense, I now feel like the master of game-making! :laughing:

Here are valuable tips on becoming a master game-maker.

1) If you have several or more objects doing the same thing, make a parent. Simply make a random object and call it "Parent" or whatever, and in all of the objects that you have doing the same thing, put in the parent option the object "Parent". Then, in the Parent object, make it do what you want all of those objects to do, and then all of the objects that have the parent "Parent" will do it as well!

2) NEVER underestimate the power of variables. For example, in my new RTS game called "Underwater", I have a bunch of warrior fish, that when they are the certain distance to an object, they fire an object called "bullet", and then the health goes down of the enemy warrior fish wans the bullet object hits it. How do you do this? Well, in the Step Event, I put in the control action "if variable has a value" and then put the variable as "distance_to_object(ParentEnemy)" (Which all of the enemy units have as a parent object), and the value "150", and "less than". Then, when this happens, I say to create object "bullet", which goes towards ParentEnemy and hits it. Once this happens, I make up a variable.

For my enemy fish, I put in the action "set value of variable", in the Create Event. Then, I put the variable "enemyfish_health" to "200". Then, when the bullet object collides with the enemy fish, I said "set variable enemyfish_health to relative -10", which drains the enemy fish 10 health. Then, in the Step Event of the enemy fish, I put the action "if enemyfish_health is less than 1", then I said when that happens, the enemy fish gets killed. See? It's easy!

Any more questions? Just ask. I've learned a lot with Game Maker. :original:

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2006, 04:58:47 PM »
Yes, I have a question I've been dying to know. How do you make a health and life bar? I've been trying to figure it out forever! :laughing:

And, I forgot to mention that I'm making a game called "Need fo' Parkin' Underground", it's kind of like Moth Man, but you have to speed through a parking structure and find a parking spot before another car gets it or without crashing into anything. I really want to know how to get other cars to have the A.I. that wil make them try to find the parking spot, or to just drive around the parking structure, unfortuneately, I don't know how to use any A.I. at all. : :( :

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
Game Maker!
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2006, 05:09:13 PM »
To make a health bar you have to click Add Event and select "Draw"

Then in there thow a "Draw the Health Bar" and from there it should be relatively simple. If you need any help placing it just tell me/Xtreme

I am terrible at AI.. sorry... Xtreme is probably better at that

Offline Xtreme

• Game Warden
Game Maker!
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2006, 05:09:52 PM »
Okay. Create an object called "Health_Bar". Then, in a step event, use the action "Jump to Position", the position "0,-32" relative to your character. This will keep the object always hovering above your character. Then, in your character object, in the create event, use the action "set the health", which is in the score tab. Set it to 100. Then, in your "Health_Bar" object, in the Draw event, use the action "Draw the health bar", and make its position 0,0 relative. This makes your health bar. Don't forget that whenever you're character gets hit, use the action "set the health" and make it relative, and then the number should be negative how much health you want it to lose.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Game Maker!
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2006, 05:15:20 PM »
Thank you two. :happy: Now I'm having View problems with Need fo' Parkin' Underground! :laughing: :pinch:

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
Game Maker!
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2006, 05:21:59 PM »
ok, I have a few questions of my own now... If they are too hard to explain or if the answers are super long, don't bother since they aren't critical to the game

1. I have enemies running around a map in curvy paths and such, and I want to make it so that the sprite automatically changes acoring to it's direction (I have the 8 major directional sprites), but I have no idea how.

2. (I only need this one answered if I can get the first one answered) I have you playing someone with enemies running around the map and you have to shoot at them. I want to make it so that when you get near they run away, but I don't know how to make them run away from an object, I only know how to make them run to an object.

Again, don't bother answering if you don't want to :happy: