Petz
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 09:31:42 PM »
No, but are they fun ?

Offline Aspic Viper

• Zookeeper
    • http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Kalahari/
Petz
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 09:51:27 PM »
Yes and I love it.   I don't have Petz 5 (the latest) and I doubt I ever will.   I lost intrest when I bought ZT2 but I am getting back into it again.  There's even a virtual Petz couminty where you can enter your pets in shows and such. I don't know much about this community I'm afraid.    There are some people who make new animals and toys for the game just like we do for ZT.

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Petz
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 10:12:20 PM »
What do you do ?

Offline Aspic Viper

• Zookeeper
Petz
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 10:19:58 PM »
You take care of virtural cats or dogs and you can even breed them and have kittens or puppies. It takes forever for them to go up and fall in love, but there's a program you can download called "Petza" that lets you cheat by making the animals age instantaly and you can also breed them instantly.  :wtg      

The petz games were originaly created for people who couldn't have real pets (allergies, appartment living, etc.) or didn't want the responsiblites that come with owning living animals. You can pet you pet by holding down the mouse button when the cursor is on the animal (I wish BF could do something like this for ZT2.)  You can also play with your pets with the toys that are included in the game (balls, frisbees, treats) and feed them.   It's not a very popular game as far as I know because I only see it being sold in the stores around Christmas time.

Offline Winxhorse

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.winxclub.tv
Petz
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 10:52:29 AM »
It`s a really good game.I have Catz 3 and 5 and wating for dogs 5.Can`t wait for it!!

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
Petz
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 07:57:04 PM »
Originally posted by Aspic Viper@Mar 30 2006, 11:51 PM
Yes and I love it.   I don't have Petz 5 (the latest) and I doubt I ever will.   I lost intrest when I bought ZT2 but I am getting back into it again.  There's even a virtual Petz couminty where you can enter your pets in shows and such. I don't know much about this community I'm afraid.    There are some people who make new animals and toys for the game just like we do for ZT.
I'm part of the petz community, and it is fun!

And the making of new animals and toys for the game is called hexing. It is waay different from Zt2 recoding recolouring, because the colours are determined by numbers(ex. 70 is pink in the hexing world) rather than the colour on a skin. You can make things totally different from the origional. It is not uncommon to see a breed of horse made from a dalmation. You can also edit individual files to change the colour of just one pet. You can download wild animals on Petz, like Elephants and dolphins. Very great community, Petz is a great game

Offline Aspic Viper

• Zookeeper
Petz
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 12:17:54 PM »
I hex too using 2 diffrent programs. One is called program called Petz Workshop and the other is called LNZ Pro. You can download them at a Petz site called Carlyon's Creations.   I've never put any of my creations up for download because I don't have a website or anyone willing to host them.   So far I have created a Simba plushie, a blue sweater, and several dogs and cats.

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Petz
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 04:10:12 AM »
Where do you download the dolphins/elephants etc?

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
Petz
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 06:23:52 PM »

Offline Flamer4

• Pooper Scooper
  • Misfortune comes your way!
Petz
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 07:04:44 PM »
Heres another good website for Petz

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Petz
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 05:45:04 PM »
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! :w00t (sorry mods/admins but i'm too exited) One thing, where do i put the files?  :huh

Offline marleybug

• Zookeeper
  • Arabians in Spring
Petz
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 05:42:43 PM »
Cuddly Panda it depends on what version you have of petz.(1,2,3,4, or 5) :original:  If you tell which one you have I might be able to help you.

Offline lvdzoo

• Pooper Scooper
    • DON'T CLICK HERE!
Petz
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 04:51:07 PM »
Ah, petz, one of my addictions. I love it! I still remember how cool it was when I adopted my first pet from a third party breed. Just recently I figured out a way to get downloaded toys in the carrying case. :blink: Anyway, petz rules. If you don't have it, get a demo version. Seriously. Any animal lover will be charmed by its features.:IloveZA:

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
Petz
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 05:06:38 PM »
you go to Petz/Resources/Catz for .cat files
Petz/Resouces/Dogz for .dog files.

Offline pokefan

• Pooper Scooper
Petz
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 05:48:10 PM »
i like petz...its just it dosent agree with windows and destroys the computer      *slaps computer*

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
Petz
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »
Where can I get the trial?

Offline Army Kid

• Zookeeper
  • Computer Geek!
Petz
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 04:34:30 PM »
I had Catz 4 a while back and I really loved it. I downloaded a Ragdoll cat from somewhere. If I remember correctly, it's also possible to train your pets.

Offline lvdzoo

• Pooper Scooper
    • DON'T CLICK HERE!
Petz
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 05:00:08 PM »
Quote from: Bep-Boi;172072
Where can I get the trial?

Scoot over to Carolyn's Creations to get some demos. I suggest getting the demo foolers afterwords, it'll give you the full game! After that, you can get the other game (dogz, catz, depending on which one you get first)!

Offline marleybug

• Zookeeper
  • Arabians in Spring
Petz
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 06:56:59 PM »
Has anyone noticed that there are new Dogz and Catz. It is in 3D. I have them both. They do not have numbers like the other ones.httphttp://petz.us.ubi.com/Here is the site.(I have horsez too)

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Petz
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 07:46:13 PM »
I had noticed that, actually, when I was in the store the other day.  At first I thought it was a re-release but it looks like a whole new game.  Is there any comparison between the new 3D games and the others, or are they completely different?

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
Petz
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 12:35:08 AM »
My youngest daughter played it A lot she loved it,but has moved on to zoo Tycoon

Offline marleybug

• Zookeeper
  • Arabians in Spring
Petz
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 02:54:52 PM »
Quote from: Peacenote;175631
I had noticed that, actually, when I was in the store the other day.  At first I thought it was a re-release but it looks like a whole new game.  Is there any comparison between the new 3D games and the others, or are they completely different?

They are very different. There are only 5 or 6 breedes to choose from, but you can pick from three different colors. You teach your pets tricks so they can compete in shows and earn money. You can use your money to buy pet food, shampoo, toys, furniture, clothes, and accessories for your pet.:rm_cat2: Unfornatly you can have only one pet out at a time and you can't breed them. The good thing is that they don't run away.

Offline KookyKoopa12

• Zookeeper
Petz
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 11:25:11 AM »
what's really bad is that the new DS versions COMPLETELY fell off the track of the other traditional Petz games. The petz look... real... not made of spheres as in the original games. The spheres brought flavor to the games... and it allowed us to add the Oddballz into the Petz computer series. Has anyone ever played Oddballz?

Offline horsecrazy

• Pooper Scooper
Petz
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 11:58:33 AM »
i play horsez...if that counts