Author Topic: Spore  (Read 33897 times)

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
Spore
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2006, 10:51:47 AM »
I looked for a demo on the Internet (Or at least when there going to release one) But I didn't see anything...

And if/when they release the demo, I hope its not timed or anything... I just hope it has just enough creatures to help whet you hunger for the game. : :) :

I hate to complain once more (: :P :), but I also hope the DNA points arent things like money. I mean, if you wanted to build some far out creature, but didnt ahve enough mony to, that would stink. I hate it in games where the only limit to you imagination is how much money you've collected. I think that DNA points should only be used to make an egg, and not to limit on what you can put on your creature. Who else agrees with me? :original:

Offline WolfXQueen

• Zookeeper
    • http://saritadawolf.deviantart.com/
Spore
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2006, 04:27:05 PM »
I agree! :smile: Does anyone know their email adress? I'd like to email them asking for a demo. :innocent:

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
Spore
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2006, 05:20:04 PM »
*Agrees with AD*

Offline WolfXQueen

• Zookeeper
    • http://saritadawolf.deviantart.com/
Spore
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2006, 05:59:04 PM »
Most of you have probobly seen this already but here's another interesting walk-through video http://media.pc.ign.com/media/735/735340/vid_1499040.html

I so can not wait for this game! I have dreams about it, that's how bad it is! 0_o There are so many possibilities in the creature editor! I took a good long look in the "feet" section and there were bird feet (webbed and perching), dino feet, camel-looking feet, hooves, split hooves, rhino feet, three-toed paws, four-toed paws, a bunch of completly alien-looking ones, and much more! GRAGGG I CAN'T WAIT! *explodes messily like the creatures in the video* See? I'm so obsessed about it I even DIE like them! *dies*

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2006, 11:14:44 PM »
Twas a good peep...I think...Well, I've seen that, the one with Robert Williams is more in-depth if you ask me though.

• Scientist
Spore
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2006, 02:06:23 PM »
Actually, I looked on Sporewiki (The wikipedia for spore:laughing: ) and DNA points are used to buy things... But i think that's only when your playing the actual sentient creature game, and not in the editor on the main screen.

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
Spore
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2006, 02:31:28 PM »
Just to clarify  , DNA points are used to buy parets for your creature. They are only used up when you atucally put the part on the creature. LAter in the game you use them to buy tools , buildings , vehicles , etc. Also , once you get to the pace stage you get free use to the creature editor (as in no DNA points needed).

This is to prevent you from having a super , gorilla-trex hybrid at the beginning of the game and actually making it natural.

Offline slytherinprincess

• Pooper Scooper
Spore
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2006, 03:23:11 PM »
I think I am in loooooove

• Scientist
Spore
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2006, 03:31:21 PM »
Quote from: dinwrest
Just to clarify  , DNA points are used to buy parets for your creature. They are only used up when you atucally put the part on the creature. LAter in the game you use them to buy tools , buildings , vehicles , etc. Also , once you get to the pace stage you get free use to the creature editor (as in no DNA points needed).

This is to prevent you from having a super , gorilla-trex hybrid at the beginning of the game and actually making it natural.

wait wait wait... but what about the creature editor that they show on the main page? is that just for creating random, non-sentient creatures? Or is it the one you mentioned. (I'm confused because there are tow: The one where you edit your own creature in the game, and the one on the main screen where you make non-sentient creatures.)

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2006, 08:56:32 PM »
Quote from: Alpha Dilophosaur
wait wait wait... but what about the creature editor that they show on the main page? is that just for creating random, non-sentient creatures? Or is it the one you mentioned. (I'm confused because there are tow: The one where you edit your own creature in the game, and the one on the main screen where you make non-sentient creatures.)

I believe((I can fly))that the main screen editors are only for fun, who knows, mabey you can upload the stuff you make into the universe! And is this only for one galaxy, or the universe?

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
Spore
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2006, 05:28:10 PM »
It is unknown currently whether there are two creature editors. But for the actual story mode you use DNA points for the parts you actually use on your creature. The main screen one may be a just-for-fun one but as of now it is unknown.

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2006, 05:29:32 PM »
They could easily be an exlusive for the E3 demo...

• Scientist
Spore
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2006, 04:08:41 PM »
I just hope the screen one makes it so you can make your own non-sentient creatures. (the ones that populate the world)

Offline bengaltiger

• Zookeeper
  • Movie Maniac
Spore
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2006, 05:52:20 PM »
This game is awsome!:happy:   I just saw that video from WolfXQeen  it made my hunger grow for this game!:crying:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 05:55:08 PM by bengaltiger »

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2006, 06:24:24 PM »
Again, for now you can go to http://www.orionsarm.com

• Scientist
Spore
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2006, 02:59:38 PM »
But its just not the same.... Anyway, you should really go to sporewiki. It has tons of info.

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2006, 06:15:29 PM »
I looked, all the info is the same as the movies from E3, or so I understand...I haven't had a chance to look, but I bookmarked it!

Offline bengaltiger

• Zookeeper
  • Movie Maniac
Spore
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2006, 08:54:23 PM »
does anyone know the exact date for its release?:huh:

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2006, 07:47:39 AM »
Well, no, but it is said to be in april '07, at the very least, calender '07...

• Scientist
Spore
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2006, 09:27:33 AM »
Yeah. They said late quarter 2006 to first quarter 2007. If that's true, we will at least have MM2 to keep us entertained until it comes out.

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2006, 12:10:34 AM »
Heck, I'm still waiting for ES and AA to arrive in the mail!

• Scientist
Spore
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2006, 01:13:33 PM »
Well, than your all set. You'll be entertained until it comes out.

Anyway, I cant wait to make monsters like the ones in Godzilla

Offline bengaltiger

• Zookeeper
  • Movie Maniac
Spore
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2006, 01:50:44 PM »
is there a limit to how tall you animal is?:huh:

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Spore
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2006, 02:09:01 PM »
Not that we know of.

Offline DinoDave-92

• Pooper Scooper
Spore
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2006, 05:51:35 PM »
I've heard that you can only have an creature as small as a hamster or as big as an African Elephant. I think that maybe it isn't true (I mean, its an Evolution-involved game for crying out loud! Shouldn't you be able to make at least a T-Rex Sized creature!?) I actually have four species I want to try to make when I get the game. A Velociraptor-ish creature that has three eyes, a creature that looks like a cross between a clam and an elephant, an aquatic giraffe (i.e. flippers instead of feet and legs) and a Twi'Lek like creature. They kind of encompass different types of animals, the raptor-ish one a carnivore, the clam/elephant as an herbivore, the aquatic giraffe a swimming creature, and the Twi'Lek-like a humanoid.