Author Topic: Spore  (Read 34010 times)

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2006, 05:54:26 PM »
I've drawn up the specs on two, I hope to make one my base creature, the I'll eventuallybe able to acces the editors from there:)

Offline Flames The Dragon

• Senior Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2006, 06:45:46 PM »
I have made a stech of the frist animal I sill create but it has no name i`ll figer that out later this  game is going to be so cool I am going crazy*bangs head on desk for 5 hours*thats better but still no Spore I just can`t wait!

Offline Springfield Elephant

• Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2006, 06:58:42 PM »
One type of animals i want to make is that Beraques. I spun the name off of maquaqe (sp?). The Greater-One horned Beraque is a elephant like herbivore with a large horn atop its head, and a fairly long sized neck. The Lesser-Two horned Beraque looks more like a fat dog with thick legs and is the size of a small horse, it has two horns on its head, and is omnivorous. And the final one is the Red Beraque which is more cat like but the size of a black rhino, it has small knoby horns on its head, it is also omnivorous. Suprisingly the Greater-Oned Horned and the Lesser-Two Horned Beraques are the closet related. The Red Beraque evolved earlier and is a little more distantly related to its cousins.

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2006, 09:53:03 PM »
Wow, this is turning into a real primodial soup! :D

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
Spore
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2006, 04:59:23 AM »
Lol I feel like a EA rep here but here's the size deal : It has been confirmed that the animal can be between hamster and elephant size . Though , since the game probably isn't coming out until around April '07 this may change.

I really want to make a creature with the velociraptor feet ( w00t!) .

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2006, 09:10:49 AM »
I hope so, because the size should be restricted only by the planet size and the reasourses upon it.

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
Spore
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2006, 07:57:35 AM »
:shocked: This looks so COOL!!!!!  I actually sent in this idea to a few game companies and the ideas were exactly like this except for the planetary stage. I can't wait for this to come out.  I hope its soon.  I am going to do a humanoid race that is going to look like the elves from the Lord of the Rings, if thats possible.  I wonder if you can chnge the clothing a civlization wears?  If you can my civilization will have the styles of the Roman Empire or of Ancient Greece.  I'm going to make the cities in the style of Naboo too.  I can't wait!!!!

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
Spore
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2006, 09:44:49 AM »
Quote from: MarineManiac
:shocked: This looks so COOL!!!!!  I actually sent in this idea to a few game companies and the ideas were exactly like this except for the planetary stage. I can't wait for this to come out.  I hope its soon.  I am going to do a humanoid race that is going to look like the elves from the Lord of the Rings, if thats possible.  I wonder if you can chnge the clothing a civlization wears?  If you can my civilization will have the styles of the Roman Empire or of Ancient Greece.  I'm going to make the cities in the style of Naboo too.  I can't wait!!!!

There thinking about including clothing. But if they do, I hope its optional. I dont want my flying fish/insects wearing shirts and stuff like that. :laughing: I got ideas for creatures for spore. Just go to Sporewiki, and check my name. It has three concept creatures I created.

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2006, 11:02:25 AM »
Jeez, I only have two drawn up...

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
Spore
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2006, 12:54:17 PM »
Quote from: Alpha Dilophosaur
There thinking about including clothing. But if they do, I hope its optional. I dont want my flying fish/insects wearing shirts and stuff like that. :laughing: I got ideas for creatures for spore. Just go to Sporewiki, and check my name. It has three concept creatures I created.

They seem cool!:specool:

Do you get to make your own plants in this game too?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 01:20:38 PM by MarineManiac »

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2006, 01:46:50 PM »
Yeah, if you look at the main screen on any of the E3 demos, you'll see all the editors, it includes plant.

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
Spore
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2006, 07:29:37 AM »
That's going to be cool!:specool:

Offline wasabipeas

• Zookeeper
    • http://wasabipeas.deviantart.com/
Spore
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2006, 08:09:02 AM »
this is going to be so great i wonder how much it costs, oo im so happy i wonder if this will blow zt2 off its rocker though

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
Spore
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2006, 08:42:33 AM »
I watched the video and theres lots of blood in it.  The creatures also mate in the game( which you can see happening).  A little too weird for me now.:ermm:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 12:35:34 PM by MarineManiac »

Offline WolfXQueen

• Zookeeper
    • http://saritadawolf.deviantart.com/
Spore
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2006, 12:02:43 PM »
Heh. I find it funny that this is an evolution-based game yet you create the animals to work with. ;P

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
Spore
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2006, 12:36:11 PM »
Quote from: WolfXQueen
Heh. I find it funny that this is an evolution-based game yet you create the animals to work with. ;P

I know.  I was thinking the exact same thing.:laughing:

Offline zookeeper601

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/zk601navigation/
Spore
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2006, 03:20:55 PM »
My friends thought someone I knew was developing because I quickly got them to see the video when they walked in the class!

What is the Spore Wiki page?? Is it this or something else???

Offline bengaltiger

• Zookeeper
  • Movie Maniac
Spore
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2006, 06:11:41 PM »
No, this is Sporewiki:happy:
http://www.sporewiki.com/Main_Page

Offline zookeeper601

• Senior Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2006, 01:04:30 AM »
Thanks.

Some of those creatures that people have made up are really good. When the game is out and someone makes a new creature, they should post it here so that we all know it. That would be fun!

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Spore
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2006, 02:05:44 AM »
I....I....I..... can't beleive it! : :) : :laughing: This is going to be the BEST GAME EVER (ZT2 is brill in it's own way, so I can't compare). Imagine sandbox mode....... *dies of suspense*

*comes back to life* The trailer is SO COOL! The music is some one of the best theme songs for a game I've ever heard.There are some new videos i found at IGN:

http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/735/735340/vids_1.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 03:46:52 AM by Cuddly Panda »

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
Spore
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2006, 06:44:47 AM »
IT looks awesome.  I just don't like how the creatures actually mate in the game not like how they mate in ZT2.  Just weird to me.:laughing:

Offline zookeeper601

• Senior Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2006, 07:44:15 AM »
Its not grossly visual, its just a bit more movement than we're used to in ZT2!! It only lasts a few seconds anyway (from what I've seen so far).

Offline bengaltiger

• Zookeeper
  • Movie Maniac
Spore
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2006, 11:36:28 AM »
Were did you get the information about them mating?:sign_ques

Offline zookeeper601

• Senior Zookeeper
Spore
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2006, 12:46:02 PM »
Go to round about four and a half minutes on this video.

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Spore
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2006, 12:52:02 PM »
Its meant to be comedic. Not gross or adult.