Author Topic: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis 1 & 2  (Read 61034 times)

Offline boblus

• Affiliates
  • Zookeeper
    • http://s7.invisionfree.com/Zoo_Tycoon_Gold/
Jurassic Park Operation Genesis 1 & 2
« on: July 04, 2005, 11:50:20 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone knew if a sequal to Jurassic Park Operation Genesis will come out. Personally, if one is released, I think it will come out around when JP4 is in cinemas in november. :huh

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 02:57:16 PM »
There is supposed to be a sequal for Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube coming out, and an expansion for the Computer. But i think the console versions will be changed to PS3, X360 and Revolution, becuase those consoles will be released soon. I think its supposed to add 20 new dinosaurs and 10 new missions. I think that they will try to release a bit before JP4.

Offline Paleo Orca

• Scientist
    • http://www.freewebs.com/cetaceantoons
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 03:25:55 PM »
Cool, I hope they have the Pteranodons, and Mamenchisaurus

Offline Electric Eel

• Snow Tigers
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 07:21:50 PM »
Hopefully there are comsognathus in this one. And carnotaurus and Utahraptor and therizinosaurus,etc.

Offline Friend

• Marine Biologist
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 07:25:42 PM »
does anybody know when this will come out??

Offline TYCOON1

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 07:38:16 PM »
I'm still doubting there will be a JP:OG 2. I go to another forum for Jurassic Park and they have said something like this and most of them have said it's unlikely to happen. It would be great, but I don't see any sites for news about it or anything on the official site (I haven't checked, but I will).

Edit: Nope nothing on the official site.

Offline DragonRider

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 03:07:33 PM »
There isn't. I'm an active member at two Jurassic Park forums, one specifically for modding OG. There probably isn't. The great thing is sense the designers are still a relatively small company, they've given us a lot help. I would give you the link to the Modding site but they've recently moved to a place on GameSpy and haven't full set up. The old forum. http://diehard.ath.cx/%7Emoddinggenesis/Fo...hpBB2/index.php

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 07:20:56 PM »
The sequal was anounced in the Ign.com insider. You have to pay to get the insider, but it was anounced a few months ago.

Offline JPDinolover

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 04:03:16 PM »
I don't think there is going to be an expansion or JP:OG 2. I am a member of Modding Genesis, and we are making mods for the game. We are planning new dinosaurs, but we can't get them into the game yet. I am taking part in making new dinosaurs. Unfortunately, all my files were deleted, as they were slowing down my dad's computer.  :sad  :sad  So I have to start all over again, once I get the internet on my computer.

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »
I would still really liek a Sequal. Becuase they did a great job on the first game. And there was an interview, and the guy said he would like a sequal, so they could have more buldings, more animals, and more attractions, as well as improve on everything.

Offline JPDinolover

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 05:01:23 PM »
Well, unfortuately, BlueTongue got rid of their models and equipment used to create the game, so it is unlikely that there will be. I loved this game, and I still play it after 2 years. Of course, I still play ZT1 after 3 years.

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 10:05:09 PM »
I just love this game, i had to uninstall it and have yet to reinstall it. After i got my new graphics card, everything looks awesome! The animals are incredibly detailed and the reflective water, and tropical forests look so great, especially with a Tyrannosaur stalking a herd of Edmontosaurs. And JPDinolover, if you guys do make new Dinosaurs, could you tell me?

Offline JPDinolover

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2005, 11:07:48 AM »
Well, we have made the models. We just can't get them in the game yet. I had about 10 or more models in progress and they got deleted. That stinks.

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2005, 01:54:22 PM »
What were they? Were they totaly different or recolors. and what dinos where they of?

Offline JPDinolover

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2005, 02:44:35 PM »
The ones I had? Mine were: Suchomimus, Afrovenator, Paralititan, resized and recolored Dilophosaurus, Carnotaurus, Herrerasaurus, Plateosaurus, Deinonychus, Chasmosaurus, and Dimetrodon. Those were the ones I was working on officially(Other knew about). Unofficially(Not revealed), I had Oviraptor, Elamosaurus, Apatosaurus, Deinosuchus, Sarchosuchus, Pteranodon, Yangchuanosaurus, Quectalcoaltlus, Struthiomimus, Iguanodon, Baryonyx, Liopluerodon, Eoraptor, and Icthyosaurus. There were probably others, but I forget. I was just about to work on them, when I discovered that my dad deleted them all because he needed room on his hard drive, and his computer was so slow.

For ones others had: Tyrannosaurus remake(Bigger and with JP1 coloration), Utahraptor, Crylophosaurus, Coelophysis, Pachyrhinosaurus, Protoceratops, Iguanodon, Hypsilophodon, Giganotosaurus, Jenghizkahn(Changed to Tarbosaurus), and Saurolophus. These will most likely be in the game first, as they are finished, whereas most of mine weren't finished, except for Dilophosaurus remake.

Offline TYCOON1

• Zookeeper
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2005, 03:28:57 PM »
You wouldn't happen to have pics of them would you? Those sound really cool and I bet they look almost like they were made in the game from the start. BTW did you ever think about adding the dinos from JP and TLW that weren't in the game such as Compsognathus or Pteranodon?

Offline JPDinolover

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2005, 03:47:35 PM »
Oh yeah. I forgot Compsognathus in the bottom list. We have considered Pteranodon, but we'll have to wait to figure out how to make them fly realistically. I have some pictures. Just give me a minute.

Sorry, but the site they're on is kind of slow, so I'll post them later.

But... here is the site where three of someone else's models are. It's a little slow, but that's because the site is moving to a different domain.

http://diehard.ath.cx/~moddinggenesis/cep.php

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2005, 04:12:53 PM »
Wow!! That Tyrannosaur Bataar looks amazing. Is the Protoceratops made from scratch or from the Styracosaur. THe saurolphus looks very cool. How would someone that isn't working on the dinos get them into there game?

Offline JPDinolover

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2005, 04:39:18 PM »
All dinosaurs we are making are made from the dinosaurs currently in the game. Some of the smaller dinosaurs will be made from stratch, like compies. We're working on getting them into the game. We are making mods to the game to make it better, and are releasing them in downloads, like here at Zoo Admin. You would simply download it onto the PC version(Xbox and PS2 are impossible to mod), and play it. Someone is creating a program to get them into the game, but it won't be ready for quite a while. The forum has been down for about a month, since the site is moving, and no one there knows about my models being deleted yet, or of the program.

Offline Ramin_Raptor

• Zookeeper
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2005, 01:02:26 PM »
I loved jp but the only downfall was there was no breeding. If u make an xp will there be breeding?

My local game store said they stoped making jpog for comp. i wanted it for the comp because everyone knows the ps2 version is the worse In which i have. If it's an xp will u make more of the original

Offline panda11

• Marine Biologist
    • http://www.frontiernet.net/~TrentonV/
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2005, 06:09:52 PM »
Jpdinolover, do you Know of any dinosaurs avaible for download yet? cause I'll download them right away! :lol
also I don't mind if the site is slow, please post a link to the site.

Harrypotter

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2005, 03:47:38 AM »
The link did not work for me. Could you post it in the attachment?

Offline HorseGal

• Zookeeper
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2005, 08:35:41 PM »
omg, I'm a member of that modding site. Love the models and stuff, 'specially of the Apatosaur. Do you guys know when the download will be available for those models?

Offline panda11

• Marine Biologist
    • http://www.frontiernet.net/~TrentonV/
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2005, 06:17:50 PM »
yeah, you got to keep us updated! :lol
Must have more dinos!! :w00t

Offline HorseGal

• Zookeeper
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2005, 01:48:51 PM »
Yeah, same here!  ;)