Author Topic: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis 1 & 2  (Read 62198 times)

Offline RockerChick

• Pooper Scooper
Jurassic Park Operation Genesis 1 & 2
« Reply #400 on: January 14, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say that Modding Genesis is back after the week of being down. The new site is located here:
please do not put links to non official sites in the forums you may use your signature to advertise sites.  thanks
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 11:21:41 AM by RedNotDead »

Offline lilgamefreek

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #401 on: January 15, 2007, 02:23:22 PM »
Oh snaps! Look who it is. I'd like to ask are the forums up yet because I can't seem to find them.

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #402 on: January 15, 2007, 07:02:37 PM »
are there any downloads available foe JPOG??

where can i get them i can never find any

and also do i have to be a member to anysites to get them??

Offline RockerChick

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #403 on: January 16, 2007, 11:13:13 AM »
lol, yeah they're up. You can pick the message board link on the page which link i gave before, or you can just click this link:
see the post above

And yes, there are currently two community made expansion packs, which are avilable to download for JPOG. But, unfortunantly, you have to register to FilePlanet at the moment to download. But now we've moved servers we are no longer under the gamespy agreement, so hopefully, sonn we'll be able to host the downloads directly from the site.
The community expansion packs are here:
see the post above

Note: I have to say this, because everyone assumes it. The CEP is a FREE expaniosn. You do not have to pay to register at fileplanet. There are pay free options, and when downloading, (after registering) there are free download servers at the bottom of the page. The top ones are for payed subscritions only
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 11:22:22 AM by RedNotDead »

Offline lilgamefreek

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #404 on: January 17, 2007, 06:01:26 PM »
I believe there was a file front link that someone had posted before. I'll have to give it a look.

And for those who don't know, RockerChick is one of the developers on the CEP. She created the mods like... new terrain and... I can't quite remember after the hack.

And Rocker Chick. I can't see to access the forums. The link seems "non-existent." All I see is the text message board and can't click on it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 06:03:37 PM by lilgamefreek »

Offline RockerChick

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #405 on: January 18, 2007, 09:11:27 AM »
lol. I've created more mods than i can remember :)

Follow the link in my siginiture to get to the new Modding Genesis forum. for people wanting the expansion packs, click the link and go to the public forum.

Offline Raptor Llama

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/raptor-llama
« Reply #406 on: February 04, 2007, 06:25:35 AM »
JpDinolover or someone plz help! How do you update JPOG with CEP?

Offline TurtleStork

• Zookeeper
« Reply #407 on: February 04, 2007, 10:45:25 AM »
Soooo....Have any new dinosaurs at all been put in the game? And where can i get them?

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #408 on: February 08, 2007, 02:04:56 PM »
As a little experiment, I made a little enclosure, and added one of the five 5-star dinosaurs in it (Brachiosaurus, Spinosaurus, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor) to see what happened. Almost instantly, the Spinosaurus massacared the T-Rex (isn't that always the way? Other carnivores result in a slugging match, but here the result is instant). A few seconds and two attacks later, the Triceratops was bought down by the Velociraptor. A few months passed before the next casulty, and that was when the Spinosaurus ate the Velociraptor completely! After that, the remaining two just ignored each other, although the Brachiosaurus did get very nervous.

It's nice seeing the animals fight, although usually it's either too quick or too long.

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis 1 & 2
« Reply #409 on: February 10, 2007, 03:21:22 PM »
The good thing about this game is that you don't know how everything will go. If you do the same again, the Rex may go and death duel the Trike (special kill animation), and then defeat the Spino because of kill experience.

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #410 on: February 11, 2007, 10:48:48 AM »
I'll try that sometime. However, for now, I have succeeded in creating my first successful 5-star Park, containing (in Star order) Dryosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Torosaurus, Albertosaurus, Camarasaurus, Gallimimus, Homalocephale, Parasaurolophus, Acrocanthosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus and Velociraptor.

Do else with the game remembers their first 5-star Park?

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
« Reply #411 on: February 11, 2007, 12:32:54 PM »
Yeah:
-Pachy, Homalo. Galli and Anky.
-Alberto.
-Trike, Tory and Styrac.
-Acro.
-Edmonto, Cory, Para.
-Raptor.
-T-Rex.

That one rocked. But now, I almost always get a 5 stars park, after some modding.

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #412 on: February 11, 2007, 01:31:17 PM »
Yeah, I'll admit that I've done some modding. If it gets rid of those annoying Twisters (which it does), then that's great.

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
« Reply #413 on: February 11, 2007, 03:00:05 PM »
All nine dig sites, TRex, Spino and Allo work as Carcha/Acro, Kentro with Stego brain (in other words, not a neurotic), and no life leech due to old age are my way to go.
And money. Lots of it.

Offline riseofthedinos

• Zookeeper
  • Dinomantor 3:Rise Of the dinos
« Reply #414 on: February 14, 2007, 08:47:22 PM »
I rember my frist five star.after that i modding it some little and then got five star in 6 months.anyone ever compete the excerises without cheats or modding?

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
« Reply #415 on: February 15, 2007, 08:33:27 AM »
Modding does not affect exercices, they go by their own files.

I did. Then I learnt how to mod them. Then, I forgot it. >_>.

Offline riseofthedinos

• Zookeeper
« Reply #416 on: February 15, 2007, 03:08:46 PM »
some mods affect them like chaging the dna extraxting timer to 0 seconds.and my favorite chaging the limits on stuff like fences.

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
« Reply #417 on: February 16, 2007, 04:54:36 AM »
Gotta love unlimited park: you delete the line, you have no limits in that object. And if you put a "-" before the price, you get paid if you buy it (but you have to pay if you wanna demolish).

Offline Snowstalker

• Scientist
    • http://zoo.ogresnet.com
« Reply #418 on: February 18, 2007, 03:26:15 PM »
I've done very well with my first mods. I made dinosaurs live longer, the T-rex stronger and Spino weaker. I changed the limits for amounts of things like paths and buildings. But I have two questions:

1: Where are the files to change fence amount limits?
2: How do I make tornadoes rarer, or even nonexistent?

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
« Reply #419 on: February 18, 2007, 03:38:13 PM »
1. They are the weird named objects in units, near the end of the folder. The ones starting with "W".

2. In data, go to "Weather" file. There, go down to tornado, and set wetprobabily to 0.

Offline dinorhino

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #420 on: February 21, 2007, 05:56:53 AM »
One annoying thing is the AI. I once made a park full of plant-eating dinosaurs, except rather than put them in exhibits i allowed them to roam free. I put a path around the park so that guests could look at the dinos, like a walking safari i suppose. Unfortunately the second my first guests arrived, they ran screaming back to the helicopter thinking 'aaaaagh the dinosaur has escaped! run!'. Worse still the dinosaur they were screaming about was a dryosaurus!

Also, has anyone seen what happens when a tornado goes through a T. Rex or a brachiosaurus? try it: make an exhibit full of brachiosaurs, then type in the 'dial a twister' cheat (Press Left, Up, Right, Down, [ + ]). The result of a tornado going through a brachiosaur is quite....interesting.

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
« Reply #421 on: February 21, 2007, 06:15:43 AM »
Put cameras to increase security and keep the guests for runing away.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
« Reply #422 on: February 21, 2007, 02:22:44 PM »
Yeah, I have this game, but for some reason it only works on my old, crappy computer, but not on my brand new one.  :blink: Anyone know why this might be so?

Offline riseofthedinos

• Zookeeper
« Reply #423 on: February 23, 2007, 07:39:27 PM »
Well this game is kind of old.it may not be able to handle the new updates your new computer might have

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
« Reply #424 on: March 03, 2007, 09:21:37 PM »
I just tried putting it on my computer again today, thinking it might work, i might as well give it another try. And it installed just fine and the menu and things came up, and i was picking an island, and i chose what i wanted it to be like, and it started loading, and was almost done, and then it closes down and says Jurassic Park Operation...(etc) has encountered a problem and needs to shut down, We are sorry for the inconviniece. And then it asks me if i would like to send an error report.  :blink: I can play missions and stuff, i just cant do like the actual Jurassic Park.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 07:23:14 PM by germanwolf »