Author Topic: Paraworld  (Read 6568 times)

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Paraworld
« on: March 25, 2007, 05:21:33 AM »
Due to popular demand, here is a new thread for you to discuss Paraworld!

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
  • The Valiant Knight, ready to defend at all costs
Re: Paraworld
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 05:25:54 AM »
Oh boy wait till Alpha dilophosoar sees this... :laugh2: .

I only have the Paraworld Demos at the moment, they are awesome though! For some reason nobody is ever playing multiplayer. :blink:

Offline Dylan95

• Pooper Scooper
  • Da na da na da na
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 10:35:14 AM »
Yay finally,can any one give some tips for the mission after the tutorial
 :bag:

Offline adam1990

• Senior Zookeeper
    • Zoo Tycoon 101
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 01:22:24 PM »
What is this game?

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 01:53:39 PM »
paraworld is basically control an army of dinos and fight your opponent.

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 02:00:21 PM »
YAY!!!!!!

:D

As you can tell, I totally love this game. Anyway, you can be one of three clans: The dustriders, the Norsemen, and the dragon clan. Each clan gets different units, as well as different prehistoric animals to command. And best of all, when you reach the final research level (which are called "epochs") you can command a titan!

For the dustriders, its the T. Rex titan, covered in armor made of bones. For the Norsemen, a giant triceratops titan covered in armor able to transport your units, and for the Dragon clan, a seismosaurus titan with a cannon mounted on its back!
 :bounce:

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 05:13:50 AM »
Yes but the funny thing is that when you first play, every epoch you advance to will alow so much more stuff that you will say "Man, this must be the most important epoch in the game!" every time. I know I did but now I'd have to say that the 3rd epoch is the most important even though they all are great.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 09:28:12 AM »
I've never played this but it kinda sounds like Age of Empires, especially with the research levels. Sounds fun though!

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 09:30:12 AM »
I'd buy the game, but our family is a little low on money now. my dads going to lose his job.  :crying:

Offline Seraphii

• Signed, sealed, delivered
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 01:55:48 PM »
Oooh... Im very sorry seadragon ;_;

I love this game =) what is great is having 3 or more titans, which i have done with all three
I love the Dragon clan, because you can have the siesmosaurs, and a bunch of little saltasaurs. they place archers at the top of each saltasaur. Its very fun ;)

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 03:12:53 PM »
What kind of player are you? Do you make offensive drives into enemy territory as soon as you can to catch them unprepared? Do you build up a large force, knowing that your opponent is doing the same and then have your forces wait for them, destroy the army when it attacks and then march straight into their undefended base? Do you build an army and then split it up in order to form a multipronged attack? Do you remain mostly to yourself, building up technology, being on the defensive and then strike when you have all of the greatest fighters. Do you recruit a few of the greatest fighters available? Do you recruit swarms of lesser fighters?

What I do is try to build my technology and defense before I make any offensive drives, but unfortunately I might spend a ton of time and resources building 3 layers of walls around my base to prevent attacks =D. Only to see my base fall a short while later because the wall was my only defence and it was breached and I had 4 kentrosourous riders defending the inner base. :rolleyes:

Offline beagleboy21

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 07:05:12 PM »
i have depressing news...

they plan not to make a X pack, even thougth people loved it, just becuase it didn't make enougth money as they hoped.

Offline Miami Gator398

• Pooper Scooper
  • This is Brutus. He thinks you look yummy!
    • My MySpace page
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 07:27:40 PM »
No fair! I went though all the trouble to find this game, and my graphics card boggs whenever i try to play it... :crying:

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 09:14:21 PM »
I, personally LOVE the dustriders. Not just because they get lots of awesome dinosaurs which you can modify with the drop of a hat, but because they get DILOPHOSAURUS!!!!!  :D It is fast, and can spit venom!

Anyway, I usually fortify and build as quickly as possible, usually leaching down my resources until there's just enough to maintain walls and towers. But I never strike the enemy until I have a large enough force to do so with. Catapults, transporters, strong dinos, and maybe a titan or two. I usually don't like using people (besides heroes) for this game, namely because level 1 warrior VS level five T. Rex titan=bad

Of course, I can change my plan if need be. Especially when fighting... the S.E.A.S! *Dun dun dahh!!!*

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 05:18:35 AM »
The Demos only offer the Dustriders and Norsmen, and I know that the Dustriders are much more versitile, but I perfer the Norsmen's strong fortifications and powerful technology, I really want to try the DragonClan though, cause even though they don't really have walls, they can build these invisible traps around their camp which is about just as good as walls cause it hurts the enemy more than walls, but doesn't keep them out as long I suppose.

• Scientist
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 03:24:07 PM »
The dragon clan is cool, but I don't think that they are necessarily the strongest tribe. They have the weakest titan attack wise, because it can only use ranged attacks. Also, in order to advance epochs, you must build certain buildings to do so, as well as collect adequate resources. Not to mention that, in order to raise unit limit, you have to build more town centers. I'm not saying there bad, its just that you need to play as them for a long time in order to get used to them, and you must have lots of space and resources available to use there full potential.

Offline beagleboy21

• Zookeeper
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 11:15:28 PM »

Anyway, I usually fortify and build as quickly as possible, usually leaching down my resources until there's just enough to maintain walls and towers. But I never strike the enemy until I have a large enough force to do so with. Catapults, transporters, strong dinos, and maybe a titan or two.

thats my tatic!

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 05:48:07 AM »
Alpha what would you do if while your base was building up and you were spending a lot of time building up to get titans and such. What would you do if somebody were to rush your base with say..20 level 2 warriors

Offline beagleboy21

• Zookeeper
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 01:53:25 PM »
there whould be walls, and towers, and archers, etc, etc.

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 04:24:12 PM »
I always have walls to defend myself. Plus, I never never never EVER leave my base unprotected. That's just bad planning.

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 07:58:24 AM »
Yeah, I like walls, the best group for that is the norsemen. Have you ever seen their battleship? Oh Man! Its great for supporting an amphibious assult. Cause its got a really powerful cannon that can kill almost anything easily.

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 08:02:03 AM »
The battle ship is strong, but I like the dragon clan's rocket boat better. I don't think its quite as strong, but I love the way its rockets wind around as they home in on a target. :D Also, in the full version, you can get a hero that makes it so you can build strong walls in both the dustriders and the dragon clan.

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 08:23:33 AM »
Are there any aquatic animals? That would be interesting.

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 11:22:25 AM »
I believe the Dustriders have some large crocodilian-like animal that fights some of their naval battles.

@ Alpha: Well I wouldn't know, I only have the demo :boohoo:

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 12:40:38 PM »
The dustriders get a kronosaurus to fight in their Navy, and the Dragon clan gets a baryonyx, which can go in water and on land, and also a muraenosaurus submarine, which is invisible to other people unless you are attacking with it.