Author Topic: Zt2 User Created Stuff And The New Es  (Read 4977 times)

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Zt2 User Created Stuff And The New Es
« on: October 22, 2005, 01:58:02 PM »
from extensive testing so far it looks like that any user created stuff for zt2 that you install AFTER you have installed the ES will not show up.  If you have it installed before you add the expansion it will still show up. We are still continuing to test this out and will let you know how we get on.

dende5416

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 02:06:44 PM »
If you take notice, the user created items also don't show up in the downloads folder, regardless. i.e. user installed items before the expansion pack is installed no longer show up in the downloads tab.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 02:08:18 PM »
actually they do they just dont show in game. they show up on the downloads screen (if the creator has included a dl) but do not show up in game.

dende5416

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 04:04:09 PM »
Originally posted by RedNotDead@Oct 22 2005, 03:08 PM
actually they do they just dont show in game. they show up on the downloads screen (if the creator has included a dl) but do not show up in game.
It didn't on mine. When I installed the expansion pack, all the user-created downloads dissappeared from the downloads screen.

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 04:08:53 PM »
The user dl's that I had already installed are shown in the download folder and in the game. The others are still not working. We are still working on this issue

Offline Zoo_Master

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 04:20:08 PM »
I don't seem to have any user downloads at all anymore, but I'm mostly OK with this.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 11:28:10 AM »
we have come up with a work around for the isssue with user created animals - the way to get them to show in the adoption list is to put the z2f file directly into your ES folder.  hopefully once BF release an official download for the ES then the game will create its own download folder and the user stuff can be put in there as normal

Offline JohnZTMaster

• Zookeeper
    • JohnVMaster's Hideout
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 06:18:25 PM »
Um, I was just wondering, but does this work for the ZT2: ES Trial too?  :D

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 12:44:25 AM »
yes but you still can only use the rainforest biome so its only worth putting the rainforest animals in

Offline bkanimal

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 10:56:39 AM »
from extensive testing so far it looks like that any user created stuff for zt2 that you install AFTER you have installed the ES will not show up. If you have it installed before you add the expansion it will still show up. We are still continuing to test this out and will let you know how we get on.

I have kept a copy of my downloads folder in a separate location, so that I could copy everything over when I installed ES. Some of the user created objects (paths, animals, fountains) made the transfer just fine. The things that didn't (I hope there will be a work-around) are the hacks that would let you move buildings and shelters. I loved having that available. Is there a possibility that these will be workable with ES? The other thing that didn't make it was the Windswept Tundra (which involved editting the biomes.z2f) The other two hacks needed to have entities.z2f editted. They just don't work with ES. I'll watch to see if there's any progress made on these particular downloads.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 07:47:30 AM »
i have finally got the ES and am beginning to test the stuff already available for any problems. Most of the objects like fences, paths etc work (there are a few that do not work like the fences in Martin1990's bonus pack - but i see that its been taken down from the site so that is not an issue anymore).  From priliminary quick testing most of the animals have skins but there are a few that dont (like the  brown bear ) but i will have to test each animal a bit more to make sure that they eat sleep and breed successfully and see if they appear in the family relationships tree - and as there is a lot of animals to test please be patient with me.  i think also there is a work around with the hacks but again it would mean you opening the x100_100 files and editing them as per the original instructions for editing the entities file etc for the other hacks. But again you do that at your own risk (make sure you backup everything first).

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 08:00:34 AM »
About hacks.... If I edit the files within x100_100, do I still keep the edited version of the original ZT2 files??  I tried making the changes in the ES files for the guest limit increase hack (the changes were still present in the original ZT2 files), and the game wouldn't even start!  Any ideas?  Should I only put it in the ES files?  Thanks!

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 08:02:29 AM »
i dont know at the moment ive only got the game today and havent really checked but i will get back to you in few days time and let you know my results.

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 08:20:12 AM »
I'm in no hurry, thanks for replying though!! :happy

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 09:11:42 AM »
ok have tested various hacks - the animal enrichment one - the atm money hack - the move all animal shelters and buildings ones - and what i did was replace the original entities z2f file from the zoo tycoon 2 cd (and any other z2f files that had been edited.  extracted the x100_100 file into a new folder then put the hacks into the files that were in the x100 file (in the entities folder for example) and the hacks worked - no game crashes.

Offline bkanimal

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 10:18:55 AM »
ok have tested various hacks - the animal enrichment one - the atm money hack - the move all animal shelters and buildings ones - and what i did was replace the original entities z2f file from the zoo tycoon 2 cd (and any other z2f files that had been edited. extracted the x100_100 file into a new folder then put the hacks into the files that were in the x100 file (in the entities folder for example) and the hacks worked - no game crashes.

Although I've done the original editting in the entities z2f, I'm not familiar with x100_100. Where is it, what is it, and how do I access it? Once I do, is it pretty self explanatory to do the rest (replacing original files with the ones from the hacks, etc.)? Thanks for the help!

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »
the x_100_100.z2f file i found in my zoo tycoon 2 folder - but it may be in the ES folder depending where you installed your game - all you need to do is unzip it and you have lots of folders like the entities, ai, lang, biomes etc in that file (the original zt2 had each of those files in a seperate z2f file this has them all in the file) be aware they are not zipped into a seperate folder called x100_100 like the entites.zsf etc were - hope that makes sense?

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 10:38:21 AM »
Did you by any chance notice baby icons in the family tree?  In my game, user-made downloads don't seem to have icons in the family trees.  But it might be just my game or the downloads I was using or something.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2005, 10:56:37 AM »
havent got that far yet have only tested the objects paths and hacks at the moment will start on the animals next

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2005, 12:14:37 PM »
Originally posted by Peacenote1@Nov 7 2005, 06:38 PM
Did you by any chance notice baby icons in the family tree?  In my game, user-made downloads don't seem to have icons in the family trees.  But it might be just my game or the downloads I was using or something.
i have tested so far the White Tiger and South China Tiger by Czar and the Snow Tiger by the Snow Tiger Club and all work fine with the ES including having baby icons in the family tree.  These have now been marked in the downloads as being compatible with the ES (minus varient skins).  I will gradually test the other animals over the next few weeks - but if there is a particular animal you want testing please pm me and i will see what i can do.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 02:20:12 PM »
ok have tested various hacks - the animal enrichment one - the atm money hack - the move all animal shelters and buildings ones - and what i did was replace the original entities z2f file from the zoo tycoon 2 cd (and any other z2f files that had been edited. extracted the x100_100 file into a new folder then put the hacks into the files that were in the x100 file (in the entities folder for example) and the hacks worked - no game crashes.

I'm willing to do that, but-
HUH??? :blink  :huh  'splain, please :erm

Offline panda11

• Marine Biologist
    • http://www.frontiernet.net/~TrentonV/
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2005, 03:52:04 PM »
Originally posted by RedNotDead+Nov 7 2005, 01:14 PM-->
QUOTE (RedNotDead @ Nov 7 2005, 01:14 PM)
\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
<' + '/div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t