Author Topic: Zt2 User Created Stuff And The New Es  (Read 4981 times)

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Zt2 User Created Stuff And The New Es
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 11:18:55 PM »
what i would suggest you do is put the original file back in and try the game - if it works then you know it the editing thats the problem.  then add the hacks in one at a time long slow way i know but it may pinpoint which one is causing the problm or if its your original files that are wrong. (hope you undersand what i mean pm me if you have any questions)

Offline Panthera_Tigris_Pyro

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2005, 06:52:17 PM »
I'm trying to install the tabby tiger skin and liger and I am totally lost. I can't find the download folder/file in the ZT2 folder. I tried going to my control panel and changing it to show hidden folders and files and that didn't seem to make any difference. Need some help

RoyFire

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2005, 06:57:02 PM »
Use Search, that's how I find it!  :P

Offline Panthera_Tigris_Pyro

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005, 09:22:57 AM »
Ok I got them both in the download folder and when I turned on the game, in the Downloads section of the paw print, in the menu listing all the downloaded animals, including the musk ox, Asian elephant, and black leopard, at the bottom it says Liger, and it is checked, but when I played, neither the liger or black leopard are shown, and I put down dozens of tigers and none where golden tabby. What can I do now?

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2005, 01:33:19 PM »
Originally posted by Panthera_Tigris_Pyro@Nov 29 2005, 01:22 PM
Ok I got them both in the download folder and when I turned on the game, in the Downloads section of the paw print, in the menu listing all the downloaded animals, including the musk ox, Asian elephant, and black leopard, at the bottom it says Liger, and it is checked, but when I played, neither the liger or black leopard are shown, and I put down dozens of tigers and none where golden tabby. What can I do now?
Panthera_Tigris_Pyro, For me, the golden tabby tiger skin only worked on high graphics. :erm

Offline amy_the_bear

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2005, 05:59:51 AM »
My downloads show up on the download screen and the column that says click to download has nothing in it, it is blank, is there any way I can get my downloads to show? i have ES, I don't know if this changes anything? :(

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2005, 09:15:06 AM »
if the column is blank that means its already downlaoded - so i dont understand what you mean.

Offline amy_the_bear

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2005, 12:26:22 PM »
Well the things that is says it has downloaded do not show up in my games... even if I disable then enable it! What can I do? :(

Offline jeromycraig

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2005, 05:23:17 PM »
Just to add my own two cents:

I wouldn't recommend unzipping the z2f files, editing, and rezipping.  Depending on the program you use, there is a possibility of some data corruption, as the compression method used may differ from the original.  Always be sure to have a backup copy of the original file, should something go awry.  As a general rule, if your file size changes drastically after rezipping, it might not work in the game.  When I unzipped and rezipped "entities.z2f," it went from 204M to 176M and the game crashed.

I prefer using something like WinRAR, which lets you replace individual files without having to unzip the entire archive.  Once I updated the "atm_df.xml" file in both "entities.z2f" and "x100_000.z2f," the ATM hack worked fine in my ES installation.

I'm actually not really sure if BOTH "entities" and "x100_000" have to be updated for hacks to work in ES, though.  I was going to test it, but then I got really lazy.  And then I slept.

Offline Jannali

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2005, 10:11:06 PM »
I just got ES today, and the downloaded animals work but the variant skins do not show up.  Is there a feature to choose what skin you want or should they all show up as different animals?  Thanks in advance for any help :)