Author Topic: I Downloaded The Skins...  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Starcatcher

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
I Downloaded The Skins...
« on: November 17, 2005, 01:00:33 PM »
I downloaded Acapella's skins for the golden tabby tiger and the black wolf.  I pressed the "Download From Ogre's Net" button.  I saved it into my "Zoo Tycoon Updates and Hacks" folder and then extracted the zipped download.  I read the Readme and then cut and pasted the .z2f-File into my ZT2-Downloads-Folder just like the Readme said.  Now what do I do? Will the skins just work in the game? Do I have to do something else to make them work?

Offline Acapella

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 01:35:23 PM »
Hi!

It's not that complicated at all: the skins will work fine, as long as they are in the right folder.
In your downloads-folder should be another folder called "zootycoon_com_zt2_1031".
In this "zootycoon_com_zt2_1031"-folder are lots of folders (if you have the official downloads installed) and all you have to do is either put the z2f-Files into one of them or create a new folder (call it "Acapellas Skins" for example ;) )and put the files in there.

Then start the game and try, if it works - hope this is understandable (that's the bad thing about not being a native english-speaker  :crazy ).

Bye,
Acapella

Offline Zoo_Master

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 02:26:26 PM »
Perfect English Acapella.

I just put it in the same folder as the black leopard (the first one).  They don't show up on the downloads list ingame, but if you place some wolves/tigers down you will see the skins.

Offline Zoo Animal

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/zootycoonjungle/index.htm
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 02:27:35 PM »
could some one give me the file where it shows up in the game as a varrent skin? if so thanks! sorry if this a little off-topic i caint seem to get it to work  :erm

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 02:45:31 PM »
And if I DON´T have the folder, what?

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 11:15:30 AM »
:help  :? I put the downloaded skin varient z2f files into the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Downloads\zootycoon_com_zt2_1033\1015_1.0 folder, but they don't work.......and, they didn't work in just the Downloads folder either!!  What else should I try???  :huh  Thanks!!

Offline Flames The Dragon

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 11:34:13 AM »
Originally posted by Acapella@Nov 17 2005, 03:35 PM
Hi!

It's not that complicated at all: the skins will work fine, as long as they are in the right folder.
In your downloads-folder should be another folder called "zootycoon_com_zt2_1031".
In this "zootycoon_com_zt2_1031"-folder are lots of folders (if you have the official downloads installed) and all you have to do is either put the z2f-Files into one of them or create a new folder (call it "Acapellas Skins" for example ;) )and put the files in there.

Then start the game and try, if it works - hope this is understandable (that's the bad thing about not being a native english-speaker  :crazy ).

Bye,
Acapella
I did that and it still did`nt work :(

• Zookeeper
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 07:05:25 PM »
Originally posted by Acapella@Nov 17 2005, 05:35 PM
or create a new folder (call it "Acapellas Skins" for example ;) )and put the files in there.

Then start the game and try, if it works - hope this is understandable (that's the bad thing about not being a native english-speaker :crazy ).

Bye,
Acapella
I also tried this but to no avail. :(  I tried putting it in Downloads instead of zootycoon_com_zt2_1033.............didn't work.  I tried putting the files in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2".........didn't work.  And I tried putting it in all of those places simultaneously..................didn't work.  HELP!!!!!!!!!! :?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 11:06:38 AM »
ok just to let people know the skins will only show if your settings are medium or above - if they are set on low they will not show up and some of them will also only show on high.

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 11:53:15 AM »
Originally posted by RedNotDead@Nov 28 2005, 07:06 PM
ok just to let people know the skins will only show if your settings are medium or above - if they are set on low they will not show up and some of them will also only show on high.
Will they show on custom?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 01:46:14 PM »
well if n=most of your settings on custom are on hign/medium settings then yes.

Offline Panthera_Tigris_Pyro

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 09:04:08 AM »
Does the tabby skin work only on high? Also, I downloaded the liger also and it shows in my download menu, along with the musk ox, black leopard and ect, and it is checked but no liger in the game. What gives?

• Zookeeper
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 01:31:08 PM »
I finally got the skins to show up after I put them in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Downloads\zootycoon_com_zt2_1033\1015_1.0 folder and in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Downloads, but only on High Graphics :sad  :(  :crazy.  The one I wanted the most was the Golden Tabby Tiger, and not only can I only see it on high, but this is the only setting at which I see the white tiger skin that came with the game!!!!!!! :!  :?  Why would M$ & BF make variant skins that will only work on high?????????  I can't even play for 5 minutes on this setting, b/c my laptop gets SUPER HOT!!!![/i][/b], and I have 1GB of RAM, a ATI Radeon 9000 graphics card, and I allocate more than the recommended amount of my internal and external hard drives to be used as RAM (page file)!!!  I wish I could afford to buy a gaming desktop, but I haven't been able to sell this stupid laptop that I bought for med school b/f I had to quit school b/c my health declined significantly.  Aaarrggg!  Sorry I just rambled!!!  

Is there anyway to edit files so that the skins show up on all settings?????
Does anyone know if they is one (or two) specific component(s) of the graphic settings that would cover the skins??  If we knew that, maybe we could set those on high and everything else on low.  Thanks guys, just ignore me when I ramble.....it's a stress thing!  I just thought this game could be a positive outlet for me.