Author Topic: Newbie With A Question  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Ferra_Yonah

• Pooper Scooper
Newbie With A Question
« on: December 19, 2005, 03:59:15 PM »
Hi, im new to the forums and have only had ZT2 for about a month now (never had ZT1) and ive been reading the forums and following all trhe intructions as to where to put downloaded zoo files, but it doesent show in game.

ive put them in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\My name\Saved

if i go to C:\Documents and Settings\My name\Application Data it doesent have a Microsoft Games file in it, just Microsoft.

The animal Downloads come up in the game exept a few that are on the list in game, but are invisible when i place them in a zoo.

the animal downlads are in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2  

Ive tried placing the zoos there too, but that doesent work either, i was wondering if i should try putting them in a saved folder where the animals are?

Any help would be appreciated, i know these threads come up alot, but ive tried everything i can and im at a loss :sad

edit: whoops, i just realized that i put this in the wrong forum, sorry

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
    • http://
Newbie With A Question
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 04:08:17 PM »
Moving to download support

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Newbie With A Question
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 10:50:29 PM »
i know this may sound like a stupid question - but you are downloading zt2 zoo's and stuff not the zoos for zt1? and you are unzipping the files as well?

Offline Ferra_Yonah

• Pooper Scooper
Newbie With A Question
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 11:37:30 PM »
its not a stupid question, but ive only downloaded from the ZT2 downloads area and i am unzipping and extracting the files to those folders i said in the first post.

i have one more question, does anyone else have an error come up in zookeeper mode that makes the game crash to the desktop? I was wondering if i needed more ram or if it wasnt just me

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
Newbie With A Question
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 12:35:50 AM »
You get that error ALL THE TIME, and not just in zookeeper mode. ;)

Offline Ferra_Yonah

• Pooper Scooper
Newbie With A Question
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 08:43:28 AM »
ok so its not just me then?

Offline otusasio451

• Zookeeper
Newbie With A Question
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 08:49:13 AM »
This happens in almost every computer ghame IN THE WORLD. It freezes, it says, we have an error, we must close the program, you stomp on the floor and say WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?  :lol  :lol  :lol  It's the way of games.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Newbie With A Question
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 09:13:53 AM »
Okay, I think I may see the error in your downloading. Any downloaded/saved games go in:
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Default Profile\Saved

Any unzipped animal downloads go in:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
Many of them (e.g. martin1990 or exitree) create THEIR OWN folders inside of that folder. If the animals don't appear in the game, you need to go inside THEIR folder (which may have yet another sub folder). Take what's in the SUB folder, and THEIR folder (that should be 2 files, usally a .dll file and a zt2 file) and put it directly into your
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2   folder. That will undoubtedly cure the animal problem.

Enjoy! :happy

Offline Ferra_Yonah

• Pooper Scooper
Newbie With A Question
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 01:25:54 PM »
When i go into documents and settings\my name\application data\ there isnt a microsoft games folder there

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Newbie With A Question
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 02:01:44 PM »
That's odd...? Try this one:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Default Profile\Saved
That should be there. :happy

Offline Doooot

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://
Newbie With A Question
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 02:44:51 PM »
Did you save your game somewhere else or maybe have another path to you data. Try searching for maybe "saved" or "Microsoft games" or such

Offline Ferra_Yonah

• Pooper Scooper
Newbie With A Question
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 06:15:17 PM »
ok, i figured out the downloaded zoos part, but i still cant get some of the animals like the dingo, artic fox, malayin tapir, etc. to show up in the zoos

Offline Trex

• Zookeeper
    • http://comcast.net
Newbie With A Question
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 06:18:54 PM »
Have you tried going to program files? That's what I do.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Newbie With A Question
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 06:25:43 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but Ferra-Yonah plesae look above to where I tell you about the SEPARATE folders many makers create. I know in my game, I CANNOT leave the downloads in there, or they won't show up. I must take both files out and put them directly into the Zoo Tyccon 2 folder (as I explained above).