Author Topic: Elevated Food Dishes  (Read 1039 times)

Offline PersianCafe

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Elevated Food Dishes
« on: December 24, 2005, 01:58:34 PM »
Has anyone else had a problem with zookeepers not refilling elevated food & water dishes?
I'm working with ZT2 (hopefully ES too soon) and I have the patch, but it hasn't fixed this problem.

Every time I use one I end up getting rid of it because of the constant "Zookeeper cannot reach elevated food dish" and when I look, they're standing right next to it and there are no blocking objects in sight.

I also wonder if guests don't use safari & jungle benches? Because I have one game with a whole bunch of safari benches all around the guests won't sit down and complain that there's no where to rest! My staff can use them, so I know the patch worked for that.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Elevated Food Dishes
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 02:21:40 PM »
Hi, PersianCafe! Nice to meet you! You should go over to Introductions and introduce yourself. You'll find we're a mostly decent, semi-sane bunch here! :lol

As to the elevated dishes, yes, that is a problem, and you'll find it isn't much better in ES. They do fill them, but not as quickly as the ground-level stuff. Mostly you have to go into Zookeeper/Guest Mode in ES to do that yourself.  :><  If you search the Posts, you'll find many topics on glitches and/or bugs in the ES game. Don't get me wrong - it's a GREAT game, but, there are glitches, and many have posted work-arounds for them. There's also a topic here where you can ask Blue Fang questions directly, and his rep actually answers them. He did so just yesterday, as a matter of fact! What a Christmas present!

I truthfully can't remember  :blush whether the guests used the themed benches in ZT2 (it's been so long now), but if I remember, that WAS a problem. But in ES they definitely DO use them. However, a good tip is that if there are benches and the guests are still complaining, then do one of two things (preferably both). One, put gazebos around instead of benches. Somehow, the guests seem to like them better, and they hold more guests, anyway.

Second, put in at least one restaurant. That also satisfies their 'rest needs', along with their hunger/thirst.

It was really nice to meet you, and hope to see you around more. Remember, use Search for the posts and go introduce yourself. Although not many are going to answer today or tomorrow, some will.  :happy

Offline PersianCafe

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Elevated Food Dishes
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 08:20:21 PM »
Oh good! Then it's not just my game then. Thanks for the tips too! I'll try that.

Offline SwordMako

• Zookeeper
Elevated Food Dishes
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 08:55:54 PM »
I believe there is (was? dunno if ES fixed it) a glitch where guests couldn't use the jungle and safari theme benches...

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Elevated Food Dishes
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 09:12:30 PM »
I think it was the zookeepers who didn't use them, not the guests.