Author Topic: Help!  (Read 1030 times)

FlyingVShredder

Help!
« on: January 15, 2006, 02:58:58 PM »
Ok...i just got zoo tycoon 2 yesterday...yea it's fun but i need to know where can i get some sweet custom animals and also where do i put them?? I got some downloads that were in a .dll form where do they go???

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 04:19:50 PM »
Please check out the Download Support section-there are plenty of topics on this. :)

:closed

Edit:  I see you are posting, csleesburg.  I'll let you finish that. :lol

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Help!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 04:23:13 PM »
Howdy, FlyingVShredder! Nice to meet you! Make sure and go over to Introductions after this and meet everyone :happy You'll find we're a mostly helpful, mostly sane bunch around here. :lol

Now, as to your problem. First of all, NEVER download .dll files. They are not for ZT2. The process for ZT2 is, first download one of our ZT2 animals, here, then:

1) after unzipping (you will need WinZip) the files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
2) inside that folder, you'll see another folder, created by the MAKER (e.g. exitree, penguinman, martin1990)
3) inside THAT folder will be yet ANOTHER folder (e.g. arctic fox), plus a .dl file also called arctic fox
4) cut the zoo tycoon 2 file (inside that 2nd folder) and paste it next to the arctic fox .dl file
5) Now you have two files side by side, both named arctic fox
6) then, take both THOSE files (artic fox.dl and arctic fox.zoo tycoon 2) and CUT and PASTE them into
7) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2

Some computers are configured differently, and some won't 'recognize' those individual folders. Mine, for instance, won't. I always have to do the above to get my downloads to work. You should get some nice downloads that way.

Offline Doooot

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://
Help!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 08:14:49 PM »
Well you forgot to close it again penguino. So :closed