Author Topic: Peafowl Crown  (Read 2333 times)

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Peafowl Crown
« on: February 01, 2006, 03:21:14 PM »
I have had a problem with peafowl crowns for a while. I do not know if it was ever since ES came out, or when it started or why. I know at first, my peafowl crowns were normal and fine. Now, it looks like this:

Then I zoomed with the camera and found something interesting. The crown uses the peafowl's skin .dds file.

I also found that it happens with every single user made animal from the peafowl

I also found that before you place the animal, the crown works perfectly, shown by the ptarmigans lack of crown here.
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6204/peafowlcrown47ip.jpg

Finally, I found that instead of the variants showing up on the animal, they show up on the skin thats on the crown. The normal peafowl works, but the user made animals have their variants on their crowns.

Although this problem is not a huge deal, I would really like to get it fixed. I would really like to know who has this problem (I know some people do), and maybe it you have ES and or user made downloads. Then we can pin point the cause of the problem.

Thanks everyone for your help and support!

Offline Zoo Animal

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/zootycoonjungle/index.htm
Peafowl Crown
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 06:12:29 PM »
i have that same problem![img=http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5446/crown9ob.th.png] i hate it too,it looks so ugly! it could be a bug with the ES,and it happened like yours,i doint know when i happened but when i seen the crown whiteish,i zoomed in and seen that,im glad im not the only one with the problem!

Offline Midnightstar5555

• Zookeeper
Peafowl Crown
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 06:28:54 PM »
We want our money back! :lol:

Offline Bigheads96

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Peafowl Crown
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 06:42:30 PM »
Maybe it's graphics. I got a new graphics card and the crown is normal. ;)  :)

Offline gomezhannah

• Pooper Scooper
Peafowl Crown
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 01:29:01 AM »
Hi penguinman, i have this glitch too. i dont know how long, i dont use peafowls often :(
I have ES, all user made downloads from ZA, graphics set on highest level for animals, graphic card at least 4 years old (no reflective water)... hope this helps  :)

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
Peafowl Crown
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 05:28:07 AM »
Thanks everyone. This is so frustrating! Hmm, I'll try out a few things with graphics on low and see if that helps. I had a strange problem with one graphic on high and it was so strange.

EDIT: I found how to fix it. If you set object detail on low then it fixes the problem, but it also makes the graphics bad. It also gets rid of all variants, so for me its not quite worth it. Its too bad though, I guess I just won't use the peafowl anymore.

Offline otusasio451

• Zookeeper
Peafowl Crown
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 06:30:00 AM »
I set my game on high graphics, and I have this same problem! I don't really care, but it DOES look weird, doesn't it?

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
Peafowl Crown
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 03:56:05 PM »
Ok, well I guess a mod can close this if they want. The error seems to be caused from high graphics and ES. If anyone wants the crowns to work, you just have to change "Object Detail" to off. Its too bad and maybe M$ anf BF can fix it.

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
Peafowl Crown
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 09:25:46 PM »
I was wondering if anyone with AA who has the peafowl problem could tell me if it is fixed. Thanks! :happy:

Offline SilesianTomcat

• Zookeeper
Peafowl Crown
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 09:05:42 AM »
when adopt new peafowl, save game.  When load game your peafowl will be correct crown

Offline BF_SteveW

• Blue Fang Community Representative
  • Zoo Admin V.I.P
  • Pooper Scooper
Peafowl Crown
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 02:44:04 PM »
This is a known isssue and there will be a fix included with Marine.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Peafowl Crown
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 03:14:12 PM »
Oh Thank You SO much for clearing that up, Steve!! Glad to hear y'all are going to fix it. :original:

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
Peafowl Crown
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 04:40:47 PM »
Yes! Thank you Steve and for a temperary fix, thank you so much ST for that as well. :IloveZA: :happy: