Author Topic: Zt2 Freezes At Splash Screen -- Ideas?  (Read 1067 times)

Offline weberh

• Pooper Scooper
Zt2 Freezes At Splash Screen -- Ideas?
« on: January 12, 2006, 11:08:26 PM »
I have two pc's side by side with two copies of zoo tycoon 2 (1 for each) b/c my kids like to play at the same time.  PC's are very similar (dell dimension 4500 and 4600), and both have nvidia fx 5700 128 MB agp vga w/ latest nvidia drivers and 768 MB RAM.

Computer 1 installs zt2 fine and runs it fine.

Computer 2 installs zt2 fine, but whenever I try to run it, it just launches the splash screen (white and black "microsoft gaming studios" banner) and then exits silently after about 15 seconds.   I have not even gotten to where I get to accept the eula.

Both machines have the same anti virus software, and I have reinstalled > 10 times, using both cds in computer 2 (in case one of them was damaged).

I saw a reference to this same problem from someone on another site, but I have never seen any feedback -- any ideas?

Thanks,

h

Offline bonjovifanShannon

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 05:52:15 PM »
I had this same trouble and i went to htp.//support.microsoft.com/games
and got online help.I see that you are running an antivirus program on the 2nd pc.Have you tried disabling that program and then starting the game.The game seems to have trouble running if you have these programs running while trying to play the game or get it to load
I did this with mine and it starts and runs great when i turn my antiVirus program off.
Hope this helps Shannon

Offline Fawkes

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 05:00:38 PM »
Yes, antivirus and protection programs sometimes cause problems.  If you don't want to disable them temporarily, you could find a way to exclude Zoo Tycoon 2 from the blocked programs.  I have done this with many different antivirus programs.