Author Topic: It doesn't work!!!!  (Read 3192 times)

Offline Oryxanger

• Pooper Scooper
It doesn't work!!!!
« on: October 23, 2006, 06:04:12 AM »
Hey, I have my game completely not working. I don't have any self-created animals, or downloads, other than the few things from the main site.
 When I click on the icon, autorun screen, anything involving zt2, nothing happens. It worked fine a few days ago. I did install Norton's anti-v, then tried to uninstall it, completely fried the computer, and put it back, and it worked fine. But my game broke. All games except zt1 and another game are completel messed up. I re-installed it, only put in the main game, checked folders, everthing. Still, nothing.:crying: By the way, I have es and aa. Help!:help

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
It doesn't work!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:06:00 AM »
what do you mean by broke? what error message do you get when you try to run the game - what system specs do you have etc.  the more information you can give apart from my game broke the better.

Offline Oryxanger

• Pooper Scooper
It doesn't work!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 07:11:48 AM »
That's the weird thing. There isn't a error message. It just does not work. It acts like I didn't click anything. I have windows XP, and I know I have the latest Video card from NVIDIA, a Geforce one, because that was one of the fixes I tried....

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
It doesn't work!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 07:13:35 AM »
have you tried disabling your firewall or allowwing your firewall to allow zt2 to run?

Offline Oryxanger

• Pooper Scooper
It doesn't work!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 07:15:09 AM »
I just tried it. Nothing.

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
It doesn't work!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 08:10:46 AM »
[modnotice=redNotDead] we do not support illegal activities on this site. talking about warez and cracked copies is illegal and can result in your being banned [/modnotice]

sorry!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 08:22:23 AM by Simba »

Offline Oryxanger

• Pooper Scooper
It doesn't work!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 10:28:54 AM »
I'm confused. What'd I do? My game is just messed up!

Offline alin90210

• Pooper Scooper
It doesn't work!!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 10:29:03 AM »
You said when you uninstalled Norton Anti-V it "fried" the computer.  What does that mean exactly ("fried" is not very informative)?  And when you said you put it back and "it" worked fine, what is "it"?  Do you mean Zt2 or something else?

And, you said all games are messed up besides Zt1 and one other game, what does "messed up" mean?  What error messages are you getting from those other games?

Like RedNotDead said, the more info you can give the more chance people can help.

Offline Oryxanger

• Pooper Scooper
It doesn't work!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 10:34:52 AM »
Well, the computer wouldn't start windows and just kept restarting. I meant the computer and windows started back up fine, and the problems I also have with other games would be only half of the game screen showed, like it was in stretched. But I would rather have ZT2 working, since it is the most fun game.......

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
It doesn't work!!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 10:38:25 AM »
This does not sound like agame specific error more like a computer specific error in which case we cannot really help.  If your computer wont start windows then it is not a problem with the game itself but your computer.  your best bet would be to use system restore to put your computer settings back to a time when things where working.

Offline Spider Monkey

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
It doesn't work!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 10:41:08 AM »
I don't know if this helps, but after I installed Marine Mania, I got a similar problem.  I would click on ZT2 and nothing would happen.

I got it to work by restarting, and immediately hitting ctrl-alt-del and killing all processes like AIM that weren't crucial.

I had to do this every time I wanted to run ZT2, until I went to the Zt2 settings and clicked on "optimal performance".  Now it loads without restarting the computer.

Offline Oryxanger

• Pooper Scooper
It doesn't work!!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 10:41:47 AM »
I'll try that, thanks!